Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    It's the way fielders like Roy does that in such a matter of fact manner and the team work involved in completing the catch
  • Options
    Such poor bowling. 
  • Options
    Our late overs bowling will be the death of us!

180 to win
  • Options
    Our death bowling needs some serious attention
  • Options
    An odd innings. The Windies have a real weakness against spin, a ridiculous number of dot balls
  • Options
    8-1
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Good plans by bowlers or bad plans by batsmen? Banton out the same way twice in a row and Moeen almost out four times in five with the same mode of dismissal
  • Options
    And tonight was the turn for Moeen's lesser rated twin!

86-3 off 10.1

Need 94 off 59
  • Options
    Game on ..

Kemar Roach sounds just like John Barnes
  • Options
    An odd innings. The Windies have a real weakness against spin, a ridiculous number of dot balls
    Whereas our weakness is getting out to spin!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England will play Afghanistan in the semi-final of the U19 WC on Wednesday following their opponents sensational win against Sri Lanka today

Afghanistan crawled to 134 all out off 47.1 overs. In reply, Sri Lanka were 43-7 at one point but managed to get themselves to 112 before the next wicket fell. The 9th wicket was lost with them still needing 16 but the last pair managed to get them to 130 before one of the remaining batsmen ran himself out. That was Sri Lanka's fourth run out in losing by 4 runs with exactly 4 overs to spare!

We certainly can't count our chickens but it would be extremely disappointing if we couldn't beat this Afghanistan side - they beat Papua New Guinea and Zimbabwe (lost to Pakistan) to get into the QFs - we would then meet one from Pakistan, Australia, India or Bangladesh in the final on Saturday week.

Just to clarify - England's U19 semi against Afghanistan is on Tuesday starting at 1.00pm
  • Options
    Nothing off 2 free balls. What a waste. 
  • Options
    Fuck sake
  • Options
    That's it.
  • Options
    That really is it.
  • Options
    Jeez
  • Options
    Four!!!
  • Options
    Well that was one big anti-climax. For us anyway!
  • Options
    I like Chris Jordan, but what a terrible day he's had. 0-52 with the ball, 7 from 10 balls with the bat
  • Options
    4 in 4 after starting with a no ball
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 wickets in less than three overs. That's outstanding from Holder.
  • Options
    On a brighter note, that marvellous attempt by Fabian Allen mid air took me back to me fielding in the late '70s on the boundary edge when I distinctly remember regularly doing a triple somersault in an attempt to complete similar catches. Though I don't recall my whites ever getting grass stains on them. My memory might be failing in that respect but I suppose that I must have just completed a gymnastic style two feet "stick" type landing on each and every occasion. 

They don't do it like we used to do they!
  • Options
    Thought they were panicking when he bowled the no-ball…….ahem
  • Options
    On a brighter note, that marvellous attempt by Fabian Allen mid air took me back to me fielding in the late '70s on the boundary edge when I distinctly remember regularly doing a triple somersault in an attempt to complete similar catches. Though I don't recall my whites ever getting grass stains on them. My memory might be failing in that respect but I suppose that I must have just completed a gymnastic style two feet "stick" type landing on each and every occasion. 

They don't do it like we used to do they!
    9 out of 10 for trying to cheer us up, AA.

But I'd already put my boot through the Samsung.....
  • Options
    If this series was designed to give us a clearer idea of our best T20 side then I'm really not sure it has helped. Topley has been generally good but too many of the others have flattered to deceive with probably half a dozen producing one very good performances. Yes we have the likes of Buttler, Bairstow, Stokes, Malan and Morgan to return but I have severe doubts about the capabilities of at least two of those.

And of course we have to find those death bowlers. Here's hoping Archer is fit soon enough. 
  • Options
    I hate Jason Holder. Tall, good looking, eloquent, great cricketer. Everything I'm not. Oh and it's the only time my wife is interested in watching the cricket is when he's playing!
  • Options
    I hate Jason Holder. Tall, good looking, eloquent, great cricketer. Everything I'm not. Oh and it's the only time my wife is interested in watching the cricket is when he's playing!
    I still think that there's something wrong when someone of his height is a Derek Pringle medium pacer, rather than a Joel Garner or Curtley Ambrose style fast bowler!
  • Options
    Great to see Sir Garfield Sobers there and supporting his boys at the age of 85. He recently expressed his dismay at Barbados becoming a Republic as he said he misses the discussions he used to have with the Queen. Here's hoping that they get to meet at least once more if only to have a chat about their mutual love of racehorses. 
  • Options
    Moeen Ali referred to it it in his after match speech and Tom Curran has just said that it's been known for a while that England aren't very good when pitches aren't so good. There is a reason for that. It's because when things are tough, those with the right technique will find gaps and rotate the strike until the opportunity to hit a boundary comes about.

Have I mentioned this before? 
  • Options
    Moeen Ali referred to it it in his after match speech and Tom Curran has just said that it's been known for a while that England aren't very good when pitches aren't so good. There is a reason for that. It's because when things are tough, those with the right technique will find gaps and rotate the strike until the opportunity to hit a boundary comes about.

Have I mentioned this before? 
    Root should open with Buttler in t20s IMO.   His bowling would be useful too.