Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Scrapping for the right to be destroyed by India, I feel, alas

(Ruling out Australia is always stupid, but watch me, I'm doing it. They really aren't that good this time around, opening bowler Salzmann aside) 
    First blood to Salzmann...
  • Options
    Australia have in their side the amazing Nivethan Rahakrishnan. Liam Livingstone is relatively rare in that he is comfortable bowling both off and leg spin. Rahakrishnan takes that one step further in that he does and will bowl both right arm off spin and left arm orthodox. 

India are currently 38-2 off 13

• Options
    Where are these games being shown?
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Where are these games being shown?
    Sky
  • Options
    Yash Dhull has more batting ability in his little finger than about four of England's top order combined
  • Options
    The Australian fielding has been absolutely shocking, And these lads would have been drilled on that discipline since they were eight or nine!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Salzmann with one of the worst missed runouts I've ever seen
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    In a strange sort of way, I believe India could do with losing at least one of these two - they will both have one eye on their ton and in these last half a dozen overs India need someone with power and swinging from the hips
  • Options
    And then Rasheed hits the first maximum of the innings!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In a strange sort of way, I believe India could do with losing at least one of these two - they will both have one eye on their ton and in these last half a dozen overs India need someone with power and swinging from the hips
    Or, perhaps, not!
  • Options
    Wrong decision, which cost Rasheed the chance to make a hundred.  But you can't blame any of the three umpires.  The fielder claimed the half-volley catch and the on-field umpires gave it out.  The third umpire couldn't possibly overturn it due to the paucity of evidence.  

When a fielder takes a straight-on catch, close to the ground, he knows whether he has caught it cleanly (because the backs of his fingers will drag on the ground) or if he's caught it on the bounce (when his hands will come up with the ball).  It was the latter. 

Real shame.  
  • Options
    This Nishant must love red ink - less than three overs to go and he's on one from six!
  • Options
    A recurring theme of these under 19 games are really really turgid starts to the innings (outside of Bethell going berserk against South Africa)
  • Options
    Dinseh with 20 from 4 changed the final score from being a very good one to an excellent one

290-5 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    This lot are gonna rinse us, that was murder at the end
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    This lot are gonna rinse us, that was murder at the end
    O ye of little faith. 

Yeah probably right 
  • Options
    stood down and 'temporarily' replaced by Strauss .. the mystery is how Giles ever got the job .. over promoted .. Let's hope Strauss is now in a position to re-take the job permanently .. his first priority is to sort out the England coaching and selection fiasco
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be great to see Strauss take it up permanently but very understandable if his number one priority is appointing a successor.
  • Options
    Would be great to see Strauss take it up permanently but very understandable if his number one priority is appointing a successor.
    Although it was Strauss who dictated that all efforts should be to concentrate on white ball cricket so is partially responsible for our demise so far as red ball is concerned. Hopefully he and the ECB will seek to re-align things though, as I've said before, playing half the games in April, May and September really does not help.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Positive start for the women. Australia currently 152-7 after 41 overs 
  • Options
    So much for that. Lots of new blood needed in this side 
  • Options
    at least the men were outplayed

the women have basically just thrown the test away and now this ODI 
  • Options
    There's gotta be better than, say, Winfield-Hill and Shrubsole knocking around. Bit of a cosy club 
  • Options
    (hopefully both of those players can be moved on with thanks. Yes Shrubsole dobbing them up against India won us a world cup once, but the game has moved on) 
  • Options
    No State game so Travis Head, man of the match in the final Ashes game, is back playing for his club this weekend:

https://matchcentre.premier.saca.com.au/match/25-3752456/scorecard/

He's not unique either in doing so. No ego or desire to count the money derived from his non existent Central Contract!

• Options
    Man of the entire Series, you mean!