Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2021 (excluding Ashes)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I just watched the highlights.
    Those cheating bastards appeal very loudly for absolutely everything.
    Same here. Brave but grim innings by Rahane Pujara, took so many blows to the body

Nice little cameo by Conor Washington
  • Options
    Washington's six off Cummins was the moment it was won imo. Looked likely to be a draw until that moment
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Washington's six off Cummins was the moment it was won imo. Looked likely to be a draw until that moment

More of a symptom of them speeding up to win rather than the cause of it.
  • Options
    I just watched the highlights.
    Those cheating bastards appeal very loudly for absolutely everything.
    Same here. Brave but grim innings by Rahane, took so many blows to the body

Nice little cameo by Conor Washington
    You mean Pujara? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

More of a symptom of them speeding up to win rather than the cause of it.
    Him going for that felt like the moment we all knew 
  • Options
    I cannot bring myself to hate another football team, not even palace or Millwall... But the Australian cricket team oh yes. Love it when they get beaten in their own back yard
  • Options
    Can't believe this has been taken off twitter due to copyright. Aussies can't take a joke. :-)
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    I cannot bring myself to hate another football team, not even palace or Millwall... But the Australian cricket team oh yes. Love it when they get beaten in their own back yard
    Same here mate  100%
  • Options
    Australia are the Millwall of cricket. 
  • Options
    What do India and paracetamol have in common?

They are both Paine killers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reckon they could kill two birds with one stone and bring in Alex Carey to keep and captain. 
  • Options
    Reckon they could kill two birds with one stone and bring in Alex Carey to keep and captain. 
    Looks a very good player in white ball, would be interesting to see how well he does in Tests.
  • Options
    Looks a very good player in white ball, would be interesting to see how well he does in Tests.
    That would make a really interesting choice.  He's 29, but has not played a Test match, has a first class batting average under 35 and his only real taste of captaincy is in Aussie Rules football.  

If he's being considered, it would look more of an English panicky selection than an Aussie one. I like it!
  • Options
    Carey looks a fantastic white ball talent , had a brief stint with Sussex in the Blast a couple of years back and was brilliant , however test cricket is a whole different animal. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Can't believe this has been taken off twitter due to copyright. Aussies can't take a joke. :-)
    Found it on the YouTube for anyone who missed it earlier.

https://youtu.be/z17o9JxlElE
  • Options

NB our WI tickets for the Oval 2020, have been transferred to the India Test 2021.

Now where's that jab? I've now got plans for going out out :smile:
    What day you got @co@"Covered End" ?

Ive got Sat 4th. My 1st ever cricket game 
    Day 2 Friday 3rd, shame.
  • Options
    Always good to see the Aussies get a lesson at home, but would much prefer any team but India to do it. 
    Aussie cricket people are insufferable but they can at least be amusing with it. 
    Indian cricket people are just insufferable.
  • Options

NB our WI tickets for the Oval 2020, have been transferred to the India Test 2021.

Take yourself a cushion so you can see over the person sat in front. ;)
  • Options
    Always good to see the Aussies get a lesson at home, but would much prefer any team but India to do it. 
    Aussie cricket people are insufferable but they can at least be amusing with it. 
    Indian cricket people are just insufferable.
    Especially when the 1st Test vs India is in just over 2 weeks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Take yourself a cushion so you can see over the person sat in front. ;)

That's brave chat coming from you...
  • Options

All-rounder Ben Stokes and fast bowler Jofra Archer have returned to the England squad for the first two Tests of the tour of India.

Both Stokes and Archer were rested for the current series in Sri Lanka.

Batsman Rory Burns, who has been on paternity leave, also returns, but Ollie Pope is yet to fully recover from a shoulder injury.

Jonny Bairstow, Mark Wood and Sam Curran will all be rested for the first half of the four-Test series.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/55747795

• Options
    clive said:

All-rounder Ben Stokes and fast bowler Jofra Archer have returned to the England squad for the first two Tests of the tour of India.

Both Stokes and Archer were rested for the current series in Sri Lanka.

Batsman Rory Burns, who has been on paternity leave, also returns, but Ollie Pope is yet to fully recover from a shoulder injury.

Jonny Bairstow, Mark Wood and Sam Curran will all be rested for the first half of the four-Test series.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/55747795

It's really messy the way they're having to juggle squads to give players breaks from bubbles. Seems odd that Buttler for example from that link will go home after the 1st Test, instead of playing both the first 2 or neither
  • Options
    Century for Adam Matthews
  • Options
    Century for Adam Matthews
    Bloody hell he won't be available over the weekend then! Not if he's in Sri Lanka
    Dickwella will be at right back instead
  • Options
    Anderson gets his 5th wicket. 

30th time he has done this in a test match.
    A remarkable achievement. 
  • Options
    6 for 38 now for Anderson. 
    SL 8 down
  • Options
    Wood just got one. 

Anderson’s economy is amazing. 
  • Options
    All 9 wickets have fallen to pace. Must be some sort of record in Sri Lanka or the sub continent.