Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    mendonca said:
    Who would you all say we've replaced Aneke and Ronnie with?
    No-one.

Stockley, Washington & Davison were all here last season. Leko himself says he is more of a wide player.

In the striker/ forward position we have gone backwards from this time last year. And since last September we have come out from a transfer embargo & have an owner with (supposedly) money and ambition. 

Weird.
    He has less money available than Roland had. Not that weird that he's not splashing it about needlessly (Ronnie aside)

The players he signed on permanent (inc short term deals) last season wouldn't have been particularly cheap in terms of Salaries. 

(Transfer fees from Transfermarkt so probably inaccurate)
    Schwartz - €268k Fee - Salary likely high
    Gilbey - €228k - Salary likely fair
    Bogle - Unsure on salary, acted like the big man, so probably cheap. 
    Maddison - Salary likely high
    Watson - Salary likely high
    Gunter - Salary likely high 
    Washington - Salary likely fair
    Inniss - Salary likely high
    Jaiyesimi - Salary likely fair
    Shinnie - Salary likely high

Even this seasons permanent signings I doubt are that cheap, CBT aside?

Kirk - €590k - Salary likely higher than most
    Lavelle €223k - Salary likely fair
    MacGillivray - Salary likely high
    Dobson - Salary likely fair
    CBT - Salary likely low
    Clare - Salary likely fair
    Stockley - Salary likely high
    Souare - Salary likely high
    Henderson - Salary likely high

I've not included loanees as it's unlikely we'd be paying considerable amounts towards their costs, but they would likely have incurred a Loan fee. 
  • Options
    You can’t get them all right, Thomas has got to let football people just get on with it, and stick to making music.
  • Options
    Can we start a new thread with discussion of every goal he ever scores for the rest of his career, with comments like "said before he left he would come good and got 235 LOLs. Well who's laughing now?"
    Odds on some boring bugger is already making plans.😴
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    mendonca said:
    Who would you all say we've replaced Aneke and Ronnie with?
    We've only just lost Ronnie. Aneke is a bit like Lyle, not someone you can just replace. Hopefully we stop losing good players on free transfers now but I'm not holding my breath because it's the way of the modern game. 

I don't blame TS for any of this personally. Aneke went to the Championship, and both LB and SG seemed really happy with Schwarz, as we all were when he first signed.
  • Options
    Can we start a new thread with discussion of every goal he ever scores for the rest of his career, with comments like "said before he left he would come good and got 235 LOLs. Well who's laughing now?"
    Odds on some boring bugger is already making plans.😴

I am VERY sure I have absolutely NO idea what you mean... Ahem. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Strange timing, I genuinely expected him to leave in the summer at the end of the window, whether permanently or on loan. Contracts tend to be cancelled before the window closes, so that a player is free to find another club. We didn't do that and included him in our submitted squad, which suggested a certain amount of expectation he would play for us again.

As it is, if he's actually injured, surely he'd still be recovering with our medical team, and it's not as if he can play for another team before January anyway, if he's not injured...

It also begs the question as to how much of his contract has been paid up...
    Just caught up with this.

Of course he's not injured, he never was. EVER. Said it at the time & continued saying it even when people said it could be a MH issue so I thought it best to say no more.

Just more bollox from the club.

All I can say is that June onwards has been a shit show. Players signed late. Left back not signed until a month into the season, leaving us playing a RB there. Haven't adequately replaced last seasons top goal scorer. A quarter of the season gone & we are in the bottom 4.

I got my head ripped off & my neck pissed down when I said that I couldnt see any difference between RD's tenure and TS's one. And that was back in early July. Since then we've had the early bird season ticket fiasco, the worst start to a season in living memory & the lowest league position since the League was restructured in 4 divisions. And the only person being called out over it is the poor manager who has been lied to.

Anyone still want to disagree   ??  
    I’m sure we all agree mistakes were made in the summer. Interested to know where you think we’ll finish this season?
    Too hard to say at the moment but top 6 definitely out. Depends on whether the Fleetwood match was the start or a one-off. If we get a half decent run together then somewhere between 8th & 12th. If we revert back to type over the next few games then somewhere between 12th & 18th. 

Top 6 is still very much on ….
    We will need to go on some amazing run to get there & from what I've seen so far this season I very much doubt it. 
  • Options
    To make the top 6 you have some games you win in second or third gear. Other than Crewe, because they were imploding. Every other game we have struggled for long periods or even our other win at Fleetwood, was in the balance until the final whistle.

We need to improve just to get back to mid table let alone be in contention.

I wish in some ways the bar wasn't set so high this season by TS as we needed more time to recover from the stench of Southall and Co and get our infrastructure right.

If some Cafc fans didn't think it was a Shay Given we were going to romp this league back in the summer then the anger and your "not fit to wear the shirt" might have been sang later that the end of effing August !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To make the top 6 you have some games you win in second or third gear. Other than Crewe, because they were imploding. Every other game we have struggled for long periods or even our other win at Fleetwood, was in the balance until the final whistle.

We need to improve just to get back to mid table let alone be in contention.

I wish in some ways the bar wasn't set so high this season by TS as we needed more time to recover from the stench of Southall and Co and get our infrastructure right.

If some Cafc fans didn't think it was a Shay Given we were going to romp this league back in the summer then the anger and your "not fit to wear the shirt" might have been sang later that the end of effing August !
    Yeah, more fool me to believe someone when they say that:

They want to be in the Premier League in 5 years time.

We are going to "blow through this league"

"See them over there (Hull celebrating winning the title) - that will be us next season".

Best just not to say anything.

• Options
    Never mind blowing this league away, it's not unreasonable to expect us to at least equal our performance last season, when the thought of relegation never even crossed our minds once the new players started arriving
  • Options
    Let’s be honest Ronnie was a terrible buy - if you look at his record he’s been useless every time he has left Denmark - I’m not blaming anyone - because it was a punt and we all make mistakes but it was entirely predictable based on his playing history 
  • Options
    Look at the appearances he's made in his last eight stopovers.  Not one for setting down roots it seems.

• Options
    Look at the appearances he's made in his last eight stopovers.  Not one for setting down roots it seems.

120 league games over 10 years?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Strange timing, I genuinely expected him to leave in the summer at the end of the window, whether permanently or on loan. Contracts tend to be cancelled before the window closes, so that a player is free to find another club. We didn't do that and included him in our submitted squad, which suggested a certain amount of expectation he would play for us again.

As it is, if he's actually injured, surely he'd still be recovering with our medical team, and it's not as if he can play for another team before January anyway, if he's not injured...

It also begs the question as to how much of his contract has been paid up...
    Just caught up with this.

Of course he's not injured, he never was. EVER. Said it at the time & continued saying it even when people said it could be a MH issue so I thought it best to say no more.

Just more bollox from the club.

All I can say is that June onwards has been a shit show. Players signed late. Left back not signed until a month into the season, leaving us playing a RB there. Haven't adequately replaced last seasons top goal scorer. A quarter of the season gone & we are in the bottom 4.

I got my head ripped off & my neck pissed down when I said that I couldnt see any difference between RD's tenure and TS's one. And that was back in early July. Since then we've had the early bird season ticket fiasco, the worst start to a season in living memory & the lowest league position since the League was restructured in 4 divisions. And the only person being called out over it is the poor manager who has been lied to.

Anyone still want to disagree   ??  
    I’m sure we all agree mistakes were made in the summer. Interested to know where you think we’ll finish this season?
    Too hard to say at the moment but top 6 definitely out. Depends on whether the Fleetwood match was the start or a one-off. If we get a half decent run together then somewhere between 8th & 12th. If we revert back to type over the next few games then somewhere between 12th & 18th. 

Top 6 is still very much on ….
    We will need to go on some amazing run to get there & from what I've seen so far this season I very much doubt it. 
    We could be nine points clear, with an advantage of a 10 goal difference, with 3 games to go and you'd still expect us to miss out.
  • Options
    Fair well Gunslinger…..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really hope Ronnie’s ok, I know we make jest and he was nicknamed the ‘Minister of shooting’ is he now the minister without portfolio?
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Oh look the tiresome one is enjoying the poor start, what a surprise 
    If you are referring to me then you don't know me because I'd rather be sitting 4th top than 4th bottom. 

However......

I am enjoying telling you all I WAS BLOODY RIGHT BACK IN JULY when you all dismissed my fears.

I get a load of abuse on here so I'm just fighting back when I've been proved right. I wish I hadn't, but I have.
    Nonsense, you’ll still be complaining because I’ve seen enough of your posts in both the 2012 and 2019 seasons and you whined like a lame mule. Nothings been proved and the abuse you got pre season was deserved and you continue to deserve it.
  • Options
    If he wasn't going to be played, he had to go, but I'm disappointed that, in a team that can regularly feature Gunter and/or Watson, Schwartz wasn't afforded more of a chance.
    Perhaps the issue is that Gunter and Watson actually wanted to play and Schwartz had no real desire to do so? We don't know the actual answer but Maddison had no real desire to do so when people were complaining that he wasn't in the side and look at where he is less than a year later. 

The mistake was signing him in the first place as to whether this was down to TS and/or Bowyer is equally open to speculation. If the stats are to be believed he has averaged 5 goals a season in his career. Time to cut our losses.

• Options
    If he wasn't going to be played, he had to go, but I'm disappointed that, in a team that can regularly feature Gunter and/or Watson, Schwartz wasn't afforded more of a chance.
    Perhaps the issue is that Gunter and Watson actually wanted to play and Schwartz had no real desire to do so? We don't know the actual answer but Maddison had no real desire to do so when people were complaining that he wasn't in the side and look at where he is less than a year later. 

The mistake was signing him in the first place as to whether this was down to TS and/or Bowyer is equally open to speculation. If the stats are to be believed he has averaged 5 goals a season in his career. Time to cut our losses.

There no evidence at all to even suggest he did not want to play ..not always about football he had a very tough time .. due to a number of issues and had to make the right decision for him as a person not a footballer .. think people need to remember that 
  • Options

There no evidence at all to even suggest he did not want to play ..not always about football he had a very tough time .. due to a number of issues and had to make the right decision for him as a person not a footballer .. think people need to remember that 
    Desire or ability to do so from a mental perspective ultimately result in the same thing. He couldn't, for whatever reason, get himself over the line. And the fact that he has only averaged 15 games a year during his career would suggest that this is not a recent trend. There is a clue in what Adkins says here

“Unfortunately it hasn’t worked out for him while he was here. We just hope he finds a club where he can start managing to play football.”

• Options

But seeing as we have no idea what those issues were then fans are left to draw their own conclusions. I, for one, never thought he didnt want to play but as the club hid behind "injuries" to cover up whatever was the problem then I have no clue why he never got to play any games.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Professional Football is a fantastic career when things are going well. With Ronnie Schwartz and Marcus Maddison there were enough clues why it wouldn't work out.

A bit of modern research like checking out Marcus Maddison's social media comments and even talking to ex teammates would have rang the alarm bells. I knew MM stats and had followed his career with interest after saying I wanted Cafc to check him out when I saw him play for Gateshead, just months before he went to Peterborough.
    At 27 Marcus should have been playing in the Championship but he had lost his way and all the evidence was there. 

Stats tell you MM was excellent at League 1 level, but it doesn't tell you his diet before and after matches, that he didn't enjoy training and the banter, he was missing his daughter because he had split from the mother. He was unraveling and that's why the Peterborough owner wanted to move Marcus on so he became another teams issue. 
    Harsh but Professional football is a tough industry with players from kids in Academies to senior players like Darren Pratley looking for new employment.
    Never mix Pro football up with Charities.

Ronnie Schwartz was a strange move from the start. He had stopped playing for Midtjylland, and wasn't part of the first team squad in the last several months he was there. If he was 21 and ambitious to try a new Country and use Cafc as a springboard to rise up the league's then it could have been quid pro quo. He scores 20 goals and helps Cafc get back to the championship and he moves on to bigger and better things in Europe.

Win for him and Cafc.

Unfortunately Ronnie was 30 and far from looking for a new challenge abroad had few suitors and took the best deal on offer.

Lost for him(may of accepted a 18 month pay off ?) and Cafc