Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Options
    We were built up to believe that virtually every shot he has from inside the penalty box will lead to a goal. I bought into this following Rochdale but didn't see much quality since then.

Shame for player, club and Danish gangsters.
  • Options
    Great finisher.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Now go out and sign Mendez-laing/Robson-kanu/Omar niasse 
  • Options
    We do seem to have problems with our Danish signings, Clause apart , of  course
    Thought Dennis Rohmmedahl wasn't too bad either, although not in the same legendary category as Claus.
  • Options
    That penalty miss to this day makes me furious. 
    Why the Fcuk was he taking it and it cost us everything! 
    Do one mate !
  • Options
    Presumably the club's 2022 calendar has already been sent to the printers. I wonder which month he features on?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Was this signing one that went through the Recruitment team analysts and then the black box?  Or was it a punt that went very wrong.  Either way we have to improve our recruitment very quickly, and not a good start for the 1st full window that TS went through. 
    They re input all the data and the ...

• Options
    edited October 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh no!
    Ronnie's gone!

Where are all our goals going to come from now!
    I can say for certain its one less striker that we have to score them. 

Currently we now have (in order of how they have been set up to play)

Stockley
    Davison
    Washington
    Leko

Just 2 main strikers & the other 2 forward players who play out wide(r)

You'd all better hope that none get injured or the bottom 4 might become a permanent fixture.

• Options
    Strange timing, I genuinely expected him to leave in the summer at the end of the window, whether permanently or on loan. Contracts tend to be cancelled before the window closes, so that a player is free to find another club. We didn't do that and included him in our submitted squad, which suggested a certain amount of expectation he would play for us again.

As it is, if he's actually injured, surely he'd still be recovering with our medical team, and it's not as if he can play for another team before January anyway, if he's not injured...

It also begs the question as to how much of his contract has been paid up...
    Just caught up with this.

Of course he's not injured, he never was. EVER. Said it at the time & continued saying it even when people said it could be a MH issue so I thought it best to say no more.

Just more bollox from the club.

All I can say is that June onwards has been a shit show. Players signed late. Left back not signed until a month into the season, leaving us playing a RB there. Haven't adequately replaced last seasons top goal scorer. A quarter of the season gone & we are in the bottom 4.

I got my head ripped off & my neck pissed down when I said that I couldnt see any difference between RD's tenure and TS's one. And that was back in early July. Since then we've had the early bird season ticket fiasco, the worst start to a season in living memory & the lowest league position since the League was restructured in 4 divisions. And the only person being called out over it is the poor manager who has been lied to.

Anyone still want to disagree   ?

Agree with most of what you have to say but whether Adkins was lied to or not, he has still done atrociously with the players that have been available to him. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    Poem for Ronnie Schwartz

From the land of Denmark he came,

To help the Addick raise their game,

Although he came with wispy beard.

He was not a striker that many feared,

Slow and fragile, he soon was dumped,

In the pantheon of shit Charlton strikers Pawel Abbott was finally trumped, 

To the land of Denmark he is now returned,

With dear Thomas lamenting the cash he had now sadly burned.
  • Options
    That’s the last YouTube suck in I have …

we are pony and there’s plenty of parts to why we are currently a pathetic football team and he’s just one of many in this (hopefully) most embarrassingly shit of our footballing times , surely it can’t get worse 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never saw him play so hard to judge, but clearly didn't reach the heights promised.
  • Options
    Strange timing, I genuinely expected him to leave in the summer at the end of the window, whether permanently or on loan. Contracts tend to be cancelled before the window closes, so that a player is free to find another club. We didn't do that and included him in our submitted squad, which suggested a certain amount of expectation he would play for us again.

As it is, if he's actually injured, surely he'd still be recovering with our medical team, and it's not as if he can play for another team before January anyway, if he's not injured...

Of course he's not injured, he never was. EVER. Said it at the time & continued saying it even when people said it could be a MH issue so I thought it best to say no more.

All I can say is that June onwards has been a shit show. Players signed late. Left back not signed until a month into the season, leaving us playing a RB there. Haven't adequately replaced last seasons top goal scorer. A quarter of the season gone & we are in the bottom 4.

I got my head ripped off & my neck pissed down when I said that I couldnt see any difference between RD's tenure and TS's one. And that was back in early July. Since then we've had the early bird season ticket fiasco, the worst start to a season in living memory & the lowest league position since the League was restructured in 4 divisions. And the only person being called out over it is the poor manager who has been lied to.

Anyone still want to disagree   ??  
    I’m sure we all agree mistakes were made in the summer. Interested to know where you think we’ll finish this season?
  • Options
    Who would you all say we've replaced Aneke and Ronnie with?
  • Options
    The only surprise to me about the mutual agreed termination is that it didn't happen before the season started.  Would have been better for the player and the club if it had, what ever the real reason why Schwartz was not involved. 

• Options
    I would love to know who brought Mr. Schwarz in, looks very likely that he was brought in at the suggestion of our new owner rather than the coaching staff.

The bottom line is that the Danish league is not a great standard, most of their best players play overseas.

It would be tough for any Danish player to adjust to English football, let alone a 31 year old coming to League One where the pace and physical nature of the game would be alien to him.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Anyone still want to disagree   ??  
    I’m sure we all agree mistakes were made in the summer. Interested to know where you think we’ll finish this season?
    Too hard to say at the moment but top 6 definitely out. Depends on whether the Fleetwood match was the start or a one-off. If we get a half decent run together then somewhere between 8th & 12th. If we revert back to type over the next few games then somewhere between 12th & 18th. 

• Options
    The only surprise to me about the mutual agreed termination is that it didn't happen before the season started.  Would have been better for the player and the club if it had, what ever the real reason why Schwartz was not involved. 
    Maybe Ronnie wanted to try to earn his spot, maybe he didn't we will never know. 

I expect as others have said that he'll rock up at a random Danish club and score a hatful. 

Something went very wrong with this transfer, could have simply been that Adkins didn't rate him. Bowyer at least played him a few times, even for short spells. 
  • Options
    that's thankfully the end of that particular Viking saga