Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• edited October 2021
    thenewbie said:
    So what did we get for our money?  A missed penalty that cost us a place in the Play Offs and possibly promotion. Oh well!
    That's extremely reductive. You can't really say it was that specific mistake that cost us when there have been more than a few others. 
    Normally I would agree, but in this instance the penalty he missed was against the team that would finish above us, making the playoffs, on goal difference.

More of a direct connection between that incident and the ultimate outcome of the season than there normally is with these things. 
  • Shame it didn't work out. Good luck Ronnie.
  • Suspect his latest 'injury' was a bit of a smokescreen whilst both sides negotiated a way out of something that clearly wasn't working
  • Mad how well he took the goal and people (myself included) were saying we've got a player here. Could never have thought it would turn out the way it has. 
  • edited October 2021
    FFS!  Gotta go home and take all the posters off of the wall now...

The landord will be pissed as well, I painted the outside of the flat in the Danish flag, bugger!
  • Strange timing, I genuinely expected him to leave in the summer at the end of the window, whether permanently or on loan. Contracts tend to be cancelled before the window closes, so that a player is free to find another club. We didn't do that and included him in our submitted squad, which suggested a certain amount of expectation he would play for us again.

As it is, if he's actually injured, surely he'd still be recovering with our medical team, and it's not as if he can play for another team before January anyway, if he's not injured...

It also begs the question as to how much of his contract has been paid up...
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    Two players I had high hopes for have basically just upped sticks and left.

Maddison and Schwartz - such a disappointment.
    Ah man, I really got burned on by jumping on the Maddison bandwagon, hurt big time when that was basically a disaster. 
  • Always felt like a chairman’s pick but I was ok with that at LB seemed ok with it. The charlton righteous played the mental health card on his behalf, tho he never played it himself. I guess we’ll never know the true story. Great wedding photos tho 
  • The Elephant has left the room.

Surprised they couldn't have sorted this in pre season as it was embarrassing for Nigel Adkins. 

I wish Ronnie and his wife well for the future but a poor move for him and Cafc.

• The Elephant has left the room.

Surprised they couldn't have sorted this in pre season as it was embarrassing for Nigel Adkins. 

I wish Ronnie and his wife well for the future but a poor move for him and Cafc.

They released the news during an international break, 2 hours before an England game...
  • edited October 2021
    LoOkOuT said:
    Really can’t get my head around why Ronnie’s such a lightning rod for negativity. It’s not a disaster for the club and it’s not embarrassing. It’s just a player that didn’t work out at Charlton. Both sides seemed to try to make it work. But it didn’t.
    Doesnt help that he came in as a recommendation from Sandgaard so did have similarities to Roland.

Thankfully thats where it ends as Sandgaard hasnt forced anyone else on to us (well you'd hope / expect from the recent transfer windows) - Nor did he at the time, unless we want to question Gallen / Bowyer's comments about scouting him and having the final say on the transfer themselves.

Whats worth noting is the fact that he played more times here in England compared to his other ventures abroad which lasted just as long as his time with us - Reminds me of when I started to go on Holiday alone, first year couldnt cope and suffered from homesickness, second time I got the same sort of feeling in my stomach as I went from Airport > Hotel but found small things to make me realise it wasnt so bad.

I was only away each time for a few days as well, we're not talking anywhere near the same amount of time. But guess as well that others cope well from being away from home / family a lot better than others
  • Addickted said:
    Two players I had high hopes for have basically just upped sticks and left.

Maddison and Schwartz - such a disappointment.
    Not to forget Omar Bogle who has been dumped, along with Ed Williams, from the first team squad of the bottom club in our division since the middle of August by Richie Wellens. We have a lot to thank Darren Moore for!
  • Instantly forgettable.  Do we see a free transfer come in or open a space for JFC when fit?
  • I didn't think for a moment it would work out. Even if he'd scored a few more goals he was always just a bystander, never really in the action. There might be certain clubs at certain levels that can afford the luxury of a player like that, but not Charlton with and certainly not in League One. I admire the optimism of those who kept their faith in him, but for me expecting him to fit in was a hope too far. That said, I've nothing against the man. It just wasn't to be. I wish him every success in the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• LoOkOuT said:
    Really can’t get my head around why Ronnie’s such a lightning rod for negativity. It’s not a disaster for the club and it’s not embarrassing. It’s just a player that didn’t work out at Charlton. Both sides seemed to try to make it work. But it didn’t.
    Nobody's getting embarrassed. But when a player comes in for a reasonable fee and 2.5 year contract (which I imagine was fairly decent), barely plays, and indeed barely looks like playing, then is released/paid off, it's not unreasonable to be a bit concerned. 

He wasn't a youngster from non league we took a punt on, this was our big January signing, to get us the goals we needed to make the playoffs
    He cost less than Jaiyesimi...
  • edited October 2021
    We don't need a drama, we have had more shite story lines than East Enders over the last few years, but losing Chuks Aneke we are short of strikers and having another  non playing striker on our books was crazy.
    I said 3 months ago it nothing to be ashamed about but will some one manager the situation as it will affect our prospects in this league 1 campaign. Better late than never, but we are 21st and have so much to do without players who don't even train with the first team.

Big shout out to Davison who has stepped up to the plate.
  • Hopefully the learning curve has taught the management and owners some harsh lessons.
  • Lazy bastard from what I saw of him.
  • Chunes said:
    Pete's transfer fee was never confirmed no? Even if the full total was 800k, due to him never playing for us I doubt the money paid by us was anywhere close. 

Schwartz cost us money in the 100s of thousands too, and wages on top of that would have been a lot higher than Pete was on. 
    Not sure why you would say Ronnie cost more than Pete if by your own admission you don't know the numbers involved in either
    Because if he can't make up some daft bollocks to be negative about then he doesn't want to play
  • Roland would have been crucified for this. 

We spent more on Schwartz over the year than we did with Polish Pete. 

Hopefully that's TS's ego checked. Hope he lets recruitment get on with things and doesn't get involved again. 
    Are you making that up? 

We spent a fair whack on Polish Pete’s transfer fee and he was on a very long contract. I’d be amazed if Schwartz cost us anywhere near the same amount
    Easy to beat the owner with lies than it is to try to do with facts.

Either way hopefully this is a lesson to Sandgaard and to Schwartz. 
  • Dont know why it took so long.  Should've gone in the summer as was clearly never gonna play for us. It'll be interesting if the full story comes out one day as there's clearly a lot more to this.

Such a weird situation that reflects badly on everyone involved 
  • KettsJohn said:
    Gonna be a big miss
    I think that was against Oxford….