Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Options
    Ronnie will come good 
  • Options
    Didn’t expect that considering he can’t sign and be eligible to play for another club outside of the window (perhaps not a rule abroad?).

Shame it hasn’t worked out. Wonder how much we wasted on bringing him in.

Also opens up a space in the squad for a free agent 👀
  • Options
    One of the strangest signings of all time, and that includes the Roland era. Would love to know how many times he touched the ball during his career at Charlton.

Good luck, Gunslinger, Minister of shooting and Rocket Ronnie
  • Options
    Who am I gonna call the Plaffeminister now? Maybe Mason Burstow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it was a Tommy influenced signing, hopefully he has learned the expensive way to let the football people make football decisions.

after the first few appearances where he scored a very good goal, had a good goal wrongly ruled offside, hit the post against Swindon, fell over two yards out (I put that down as an exception, not the rule), I thought we had a very good player. It didn’t turn out that way!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the memories, Ronnie 🤔
  • Options
    Strange one. Seemed to be have talent but never really got a decent run in the team. Hopefully this frees up a space for a new striker.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Roland would have been crucified for this. 

We spent more on Schwartz over the year than we did with Polish Pete. 

Hopefully that's TS's ego checked. Hope he lets recruitment get on with things and doesn't get involved again. 
  • Options
    I said at the time (presumably somewhere on this thread) that this has the hallmarks of a 'Network signing' and that we would have been fuming if this was a signing in previous years
  • Options
    Over 3 of those 16 games were starts and begs the question who signed him. 

A 31 year old on a 2 & half year contract needed to be up and running like a Kermorgant. Sadly he was more like an Ostergaard. 

Spend those wages wisely on the next striker.
  • Options
    I guess the one question is why now? Did we try and offload him for a fee during the window and have no takers? If so why did it take another month and a half to get to the same outcome?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    So what did we get for our money?  A missed penalty that cost us a place in the Play Offs and possibly promotion. Oh well!
    That's extremely reductive. You can't really say it was that specific mistake that cost us when there have been more than a few others. 
    Whilst I accept the point, I can say it and I have.
  • Options
    Pete's transfer fee was never confirmed no? Even if the full total was 800k, due to him never playing for us I doubt the money paid by us was anywhere close. 

Schwartz cost us money in the 100s of thousands too, and wages on top of that would have been a lot higher than Pete was on. 
  • Options
    We might never know the full story. At least the agony for all sides has now been ended. Perhaps it also clears the way for another striker being signed in January.
  • Options
    I’d forgot he was at the club 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Real shame this didn’t work out. Had the potential to be very good in my opinion but seems as though too many factors had a say in that never being able to materialise.

Hope his well-being is okay - not saying it’s not - as ultimately that’s the main thing, and he can go back home and get back to scoring goals.

Good luck, Ronnie.
    Echo this. Best of luck to Ronnie, no doubt he will be snapped up by a Danish league team and score plenty of goals before the end of the season.