Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronnie Schwartz (Page 73 - contract cancelled)

Comments

• Options
    Gonna walk the league.
  • Options
    He’ll come good 
  • Options
    I may have missed something, only had a glance at the thread, but where has it specified that he was suffering with mental illness? 
  • Options
    I may have missed something, only had a glance at the thread, but where has it specified that he was suffering with mental illness? 
    I don’t think it was ever anything more than speculation?
  • Options
    I dared to question the fact the guy had taken us for a bit of a ride, with his lack of game time along with the support the Club had given him.

Got abuse for 'not understanding how mental illness can affect some people' and I should be ashamed. 

I just hope he felt better whilst he was carrying out his new contract negotiations a fortnight later.
  • Options
    Be interesting  to see how soon he makes his debut for his new club. If it’s soon it suggests that the OS announcement that he and Innes would be out for months was being a little economical with the actualite (sorry, don’t know how to do acutes and graves). 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Addickted said:
    I dared to question the fact the guy had taken us for a bit of a ride, with his lack of game time along with the support the Club had given him.

Got abuse for 'not understanding how mental illness can affect some people' and I should be ashamed. 

I just hope he felt better whilst he was carrying out his new contract negotiations a fortnight later.
    Right there is no way you are playing the victim here. 

Taking Schwartz completely out of the equation the reason you got called out, not ‘abused’, was because you essentially stated the because someone was a professional footballer who had the support of the club he played for he should not be suffering from mental health issues, or at the very least should be able to get over them or tell the fans what’s going on.

Completely forgoing the countless amounts of affluent people who have had the best resources available to them who have either ended up with addiction problems or worse suicide.

Again, we don’t know if Schwartz had any sort of physical or mental issues. But if he did, to now say he ‘hopes he feels better’ because he has moved back home and signed a new contract with another team shows as ever a complete lack of understanding of how mental health issues work. 

I told you at the time to speak to a professional in the sector or to educate yourself which you have clearly not.

• Options
    So has he got mental health issues? And if so, how are you aware of this?

My 90 minute zoom call with my Macmillan nurse yesterday would suggest you stick to your own assumptions on some people's well being.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two years ago today - his one and only goal against Rochdale.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    There were some good goals in that game.

The game of the Paul Smyth as wing back experiment as well!
  • Options
    There was some good goals in that game.

The game of the Paul Smyth as wing back experiment as well!
    forgot about that. what a disaster. Just looked him up. got 9 goals in 22 games so far this season for Orient.
  • Options
    Didn't he have one wrongly disallowed as well? I feel like that and then the one where he somehow fell over with him and the ball literally on the goal line might have been his sliding doors moments. He looked so confident and dangerous when he came on against Accrington and Rochdale, it was shocking to see how quickly he collapsed
  • Options
    edited January 2023

That was the 4-4 match at the valley when we were 4-2 down at HT from memory.
    I watched the game on Charlton TV and at 4-4 Conor Washington put the ball in the side netting when he got his angle wrong  and I kicked a small table with my coffee on and stained the carpet. My wife came downstairs and said "Calm down, Calm down"  and I said "since when have you been a Scouser ! You had to be there !

17 year old kwadwo Baah scored two cracking goals against Amos down the covered end who was as surprised with the power of his shot. I knew  Baah's coaches from Palace, Whyleafe and Kinetic academy and was told he was two footed, crazy and talented ! Baah has a Five year contract from Watford and is on loan at Fortuna Düsseldorf. 

We wondered if that would set Ronnie Schwartz Cafc career on it way ?

Unfortunately not !

• Options
    Didn’t ‘Rocket Ronnie’ come with the tagline about being the minister of goals or something?
  • Options
    Didn’t ‘Rocket Ronnie’ come with the tagline about being the minister of goals or something?
    Yeah, "Plaffeministeren" (The Minister of Shooting)
  • Options
    MattF said:
    😂 I misread that and thought it said minister of shocking!
  • Options
    Scored some cracking goals on his you tube videos, I really thought he would be great for us as he always seemed to be there for tap ins as well as some spectacular long rangers ( Not the lone ranger  :D )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Playing for Vendyssl, scored 2 in the cup and that's it. Also got a yellow to red in one of those two cup games.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    😂 I misread that and thought it said minister of shocking!
    No, you read it right. Whoever wrote it spelt it wrong!
  • Options
    I seem to recall Bowyer called Ronnie a Fox In The Box when he signed. 1 goal in 16 games. A disappointing return for any fox.
  • Options
    Did he inherit that title from Francis Jeffers?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Yes, along with his disappointing goal stats.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Basil Brush!
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    But presumably we didn't pay 2 and a half million for him.
  • Options
    I seem to recall Bowyer called Ronnie a Fox In The Box when he signed. 1 goal in 16 games. A disappointing return for any fox.
    Would have been better to play a 📦 instead.
  • Options
    I said when his signing was announced that if Roland had bought him we would be going mad as it was a ‘network’ signing - he was bought purely due to his nationality