Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Year's Eve

Comments

• Options
    Nothing. Our babysitter text this morning to say she has covid
  • Options
    Few beers this afternoon with my father in law, then him and the mother in law are coming over tonight for food and drinks. 
  • Options
    Corona demo in the center of Munich, outside in the mild weather for this time of year, drinking Sekt and letting off our banned fireworks!
  • Options
    Same as most - quiet one tonight with a decent bottle and a film. Tomorrow's the better part, out with dog in the morning for a brisk Thameside walk, couple of lunchtime beers in the pub then a quick trip to Europe on Air VPN in time for the game.
    Dinner tomorrow will be beef in red wine pie, seeing off the chrismas leftovers.
  • Options
    On the piss from 6 till 6 probably, not looking forward to going to Charlton tomorrow in all honesty. 
  • Options
    We invited all our friends round for a party but both of them are busy!
    Just the normal for us Kelly's Heroes on tv at 11.00 and if we've timed it right the battle scenes start around midnight with the volume cranked up to drown out the fireworks should keep the hounds happy while we have a glass of something cold.
    Happy New Year.
  • Options
    On the piss from 6 till 6 probably, not looking forward to going to Charlton tomorrow in all honesty. 

Stay in, NYE is a night out for the amateur drinker
  • Options
    In on my own.  Will cook someting boring, have a mix of wine, beer and maybe a whisky or 2.  If I can make it through - it will be Jool's Hootenanny (although somehow it has never seemed the same since I found out it was pre-recorded!) for the midnight move into 2022.  
  • Options

Stay in, NYE is a night out for the amateur drinker
    100% right @letthegoodtimesroll
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Home on my jax,
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Sod it - let’s all go Zens 
    Those were the days
  • Options
    The youngsters at work find it hard to believe had to wear trousers, collared shirt and shoes on a night out 
  • Options
    On own, with a bottle of vodka, some tomato juice and Supernatural 15 on Amazon Prime. 
    Happy New Year all.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    The youngsters at work find it hard to believe had to wear trousers, collared shirt and shoes on a night out 
    Same with my 20 year old. When he goes to clubs he wears a T-shirt, jeans  and a pair of trainers. I can’t get my head around it. He goes to some dump in Romford (where you live I think?) called Atik.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Same with my 20 year old. When he goes to clubs he wears a T-shirt, jeans  and a pair of trainers. I can’t get my head around it. He goes to some dump in Romford (where you live I think?) called Atik.
    Yeah live near Romford. My kids are only 8&11 so got a while before they are hitting Romford scene. 
  • Options
    Early night , up at 4am for work .

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Those were the days
    Was on a session in Dartford yesterday and walked longingly past Zens. 

Quiet NYE here, went out for a family meal in Chiselhurst this afternoon then back home for some board games and party games with my kids. Now watching Worzel Gummidge. 

Parkrun at 9. Want to start the year on a positive front 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quiet one here. Playing scrabble and monopoly. Quite possibly to bed before the bells. New Year has not been a thing for me for many years. 
  • Options
    Very quiet one here. My mother in law passed away in the early hours of yesterday (Rest in Peace Pauline), wife has gone to bed already, bless her, me and the dogs watching Chic in concert on TV. 
  • Options
    Very quiet one here. My mother in law passed away in the early hours of yesterday (Rest in Peace Pauline), wife has gone to bed already, bless her, me and the dogs watching Chic in concert on TV. 
    Sorry to hear your sad news @LargeAddick,may your mil RIP😔
  • Options
    Sorry to hear your sad news, hope 2022 will be better for you.
  • Options
    Rioja done. On the brandy. No way I’ll make midnight. Happy New Year all!
  • Options
    Working picking up all of you that can’t handle your drinks and taking those who think being drunk means that you need a nurse to watch over you instead of your family!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    You young ‘uns 🙄

Flicks. 
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that mate 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    We invited all our friends round for a party but both of them are busy!
    Just the normal for us Kelly's Heroes on tv at 11.00 and if we've timed it right the battle scenes start around midnight with the volume cranked up to drown out the fireworks should keep the hounds happy while we have a glass of something cold.
    Happy New Year.
    Timed to perfection as the church bells start to ring and the gun fight starts, and the tanks roll into town.