Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Year's Eve

12346»

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    We invited all our friends round for a party but both of them are busy!
    Just the normal for us Kelly's Heroes on tv at 11.00 and if we've timed it right the battle scenes start around midnight with the volume cranked up to drown out the fireworks should keep the hounds happy while we have a glass of something cold.
    Happy New Year.
    Timed to perfection as the church bells start to ring and the gun fight starts, and the tanks roll into town.
    What channel TCE?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    The London display was minging 

Happy New Year x
  • Options
    Fucking ABBA medley.

Eurgh.
  • Options
    Oh and happy new year.
  • Options
    Drones all clever and all that but so much better when they're setting fire to the London Eye
  • Options
    edited January 2022
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Sod it - let’s all go Zens
    You young ‘uns 🙄

Flicks. 
    Flicks indeed when first went. 
  • Options
    Yea that was all a bit of a mess. Just a plain old fireworks display on the London Eye with big ben etc in the background is 10x better.
  • Options
    SoundAsa£ said:I
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    We invited all our friends round for a party but both of them are busy!
    Just the normal for us Kelly's Heroes on tv at 11.00 and if we've timed it right the battle scenes start around midnight with the volume cranked up to drown out the fireworks should keep the hounds happy while we have a glass of something cold.
    Happy New Year.
    Timed to perfection as the church bells start to ring and the gun fight starts, and the tanks roll into town.
    What channel TCE?
    DVD mate
  • Options
    Drones all clever and all that but so much better when they're setting fire to the London Eye
    I liked the drones!  Something a bit different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loved that display apart from the Abba crap.
  • Options
    Yea that was all a bit of a mess. Just a plain old fireworks display on the London Eye with big ben etc in the background is 10x better.
    Oh, I disagree.

I watched the French fireworks an hour earlier and I they're finally catching up with the mass fireworks idea. (Even if it is still preceded by the bloody can-can.)

Glad to see the Brits being innovative and moving up to the next level. 
    ABBA Medley at The Globe - that's pretty out there and cool imo.

• Options
    You know you’re getting old when you open a bottle of Prosecco @ midnight!
  • Options
    Was watching on Sky News…..they fucked up royaly, lost commentary and it became a complete mess.
    Plus the time on my IPad showed midnight about 7 seconds before Sky’s on screen clock and then Big Ben struck about another eight seconds after that.
    WTF…..is happening if you want to know the exact time nowadays?
    F’ing fiasco!
    Oh…..Happy New Year by the way.🥳
  • Options
    That was total and utter rubbish 
  • Options
    Was watching on Sky News…..they fucked up royaly, lost commentary and it became a complete mess.
    Plus the time on my IPad showed midnight about 7 seconds before Sky’s on screen clock and then Big Ben struck about another eight seconds after that.
    F’ing fiasco!

• Options
    Got a fantastic view of the fireworks and drone show from the flat in Charlton!
  • Options
    Fuck me my head hurts 
  • Options
    Thank god thats over 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    i've had very few decent new years.

One that springs to mind is our 1 all draw against Southend, had a walk along the pier and a tea at the far end of it. lovely.
    Met Karl Robinson in a service station afterwards. told him to play Aribo which he duly did in the next game. Got back to my sisters place in the evening over in Maidstone and had a night out there. 
  • Options
    F’ing fiasco!
    Depends how you are watching. 

If you had one TV on HD channel and another on standard via sky/virgin etc and another TV on Freeview they would all be out of synch with each other 
  • Options
    We're staying with friends in Aviemore at their hoiliday chalet and made the most of a mild and sometimes even sunny day and went for a lovely walk. Only had 5 hours sleep on Thurday night and started drinking not long after noon yesterday and finished at 0330, so an early night for Shrek and me
  • Options
    Lagging behind this fine French tradition of torching random cars.
    At least 874 torched this NYE.

hhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59847372
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    It wasn’t rubbish you miserable sods. Greenwich looked stunning tonight. The drones are a new thing granted. Last year we had Captain Tom light up the sky on a Zimmer over the O2, this year we had vaccines! It’s clever. Something to be done away from big crowds while we are in this situation. I enjoyed it anyway. 

The Naval College really is a beautiful setting. Lots of lucky people drinking in Greenwich tonight got a great view.  The full version below.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ypzLeGJ7hWA

I did! We walked out to have a look out over London, got a drink from the Cutty Sark which is just by my flat and then got treated to the drone show right in front of us - was brilliant.