Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Morris (Charlton Photographer) RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP Tom, your photographs were part of my Charlton love affair.
  • Options
    As a youth I wanted to be a photo journalist. I made it to photographer, but never to the dream. I so much appreciate the amazing pictures people like Tom have given the world as a record that lives for all time. 

RIP Tom
  • Options
    Very sad news, RIP Tom. 
  • Options
    They say a picture says a 1000 words, and boy did this guy know how to take a photo, RIP Tom.
  • Options
    Just seen this after hearing about Tommy Docherty. The year that keeps taking.
    RIP Tom Morris.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I’ve really hated 2020. Seb (among others) and now Tom. RIP Tom.
  • Options
    RIP Tom. You have left a fantastic legacy of photos for us to enjoy, and will hopefully be an inspiration to my daughter.
  • Options
    RIP Tom. The next big screen memorial will be one of the most poignant ever with so many names known by all Charlton fans.
  • Options
    RIP Tom. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s very sad news to hear.
    RIP Tom
  • Options
    So sad - a Roan school colleague and Plumstead neighbour. Bye Tom and many thanks for the excitement your wonderful black and white fotos gave us all.
  • Options
    So sad to hear of Tom's passing. So many iconic images came from Tom's camera lens. Tom would always find time to stop and chat to me about Charlton or Kent whenever I bumped into him in Woolwich or at Canterbury. An unassuming and humble man who will be sadly missed.
  • Options
    What a so and so of a year for Charlton, even to the very end.  R.I.P. Tom.  
  • Options
    Happy memories of Tom back in the old days, though I had not seen him for a lot of years. RIP mate. 
  • Options
    RIP Tom.
  • Options
    RIP Tom .. met him a few times while working at Barclays
  • Options
    RIP Tom
  • Options
    So sad to hear of his passing. Was at school with him at St Margarets and the Roan. Used to see him at the matches in the 70s 80s 90s loaded up with cameras running to get a good position behind the goal that Charlton were attacking. Finally caught up with him at the Valley after seeing his Twitter account and talked about the old times of Plumstead, schools and mutual friends. RIP Tom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad news RIP Tom
  • Options
    Raised a glass to Tom last night. It was a privilege and an honour to have known him, used to love chatting to him about photography. One of the genuine good guys, he will be sorely missed. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Tom. Big respect for your excellent work.
  • Options
    no! 

Dreadful 

RIP
  • Options
    Another name synonymous with Charlton Athletic. RIP Tom.
  • Options
    Tom's photos of games in the Sixties and Seventies are a joy and bring back so many great memories. They conveyed a fan's view of the action and captured so many great moments. RIP Tom and thank you.
  • Options
    So sad to hear of his passing. Was at school with him at St Margarets and the Roan. Used to see him at the matches in the 70s 80s 90s loaded up with cameras running to get a good position behind the goal that Charlton were attacking. Finally caught up with him at the Valley after seeing his Twitter account and talked about the old times of Plumstead, schools and mutual friends. RIP Tom.
    As a Roan boy, he covered the English Schools final in 1971, which Roan were in. The first leg was at The Valley, so it is quite an honour to have played in front of Tom's professional lens at the hallowed ground. I still have the complete set of 20 photographs that he made available to buy after the event. Memories and items to cherish.

A Charlton legend.
  • Options
    RIP and condolences to Tom's family and friends. I've enjoyed his photographs for as long as I can remember and they capture so many memories. He leaves behind a wonderful legacy.