Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tom Morris (Charlton Photographer) RIP

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Very sad news. RIP Tom
  • Options
    Just caught up with this really sad news. I was introduced to Tom as a kid by my grandad back in the 70's. Everyone seemed to know everyone else in and around the club back then. Although grandad passed away some time ago seeing people like Tom, Colin and Scoop around The Valley always took me back to those happy days.

A really nice guy and a terrific photographer. The Valley is a poorer place for Tom's sad passing.

RIP. 
  • Options
    Could anyone with any knowledge give us a update re Tom Morris.

Spoke to a friend of his this week could not believe what was being said.

You can PM me if you can help.
  • Options
    Could anyone with any knowledge give us a update re Tom Morris.

Spoke to a friend of his this week could not believe what was being said.

You can PM me if you can help.
    Are you able to elaborate? 
  • Options
    Not at the moment Chizz 
  • Options
    That was a long time, sign of the times but RIP Tom.
  • Options
    Not wanting to derail this thread but how come it's taken 7 months for the funeral....?

I've been to 2 since the new year & both were held around 2-3 weeks from the time the person died.
  • Options
    Not wanting to derail this thread but how come it's taken 7 months for the funeral....?

I've been to 2 since the new year & both were held around 2-3 weeks from the time the person died.
    Complicated and personal so probably best not to go into it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A name synonymous with following Charlton. RIP
  • Options

It’s not really anyone’s business but there were good reasons. Matt Baker deserves a lot of credit for the work he did to get to yesterday, which was well attended (given the Covid circumstances) and an old non-Charlton friend of Tom and I were able to speak about him. He got the send-off he deserved.

Steve Bridge, Peter Cordwell, Peter Burrowes and Alan Honey pictured below. Others present included Steve Dixon, Matt Wright, Brian Stater, Olly Groome, MIck Everett, Chris Parkes, Wendy Perfect, Tony and Stacey Mitchell, and John Ingram.
    Scoop Burrowes !!!
  • Options

It’s not really anyone’s business but there were good reasons. Matt Baker deserves a lot of credit for the work he did to get to yesterday, which was well attended (given the Covid circumstances) and an old non-Charlton friend of Tom and I were able to speak about him. He got the send-off he deserved.

Steve Bridge, Peter Cordwell, Peter Burrowes and Alan Honey pictured below. Others present included Steve Dixon, Matt Wright, Brian Stater, Olly Groome, MIck Everett, Chris Parkes, Wendy Perfect, Tony and Stacey Mitchell, and John Ingram.
    Wasn't saying is was mine or anyone else's business - just wondered why it's taken over 6 months to get him buried/cremated. As I said, I've been to 2 this year & both times the funeral had been within 2-3 weeks of the person passing away so nothing to do with Covid O would imagine.

Just curious. But seeing as its "personal & complicated" I'll leave it there.