Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rochdale | Tues 12 January 2021| 7pm ko

Comments

• Options
    Is it possible the last few matches are players actually signaling to TS that they simply don’t want to play for Bowyer anymore? 
  • Options
    Playing a lightweight striker who has never completed a tackle in his professional career at right back was inspired   

Possibly the weirdest selection of all time...
  • Options
    Right starting formation slightly wrong players, all he needed to do was play Matthews RWB and put Smyth up alongside Chuks, could well have seen the half ending 2-0 us.

Everyone's desperate for a win, team, manager and us, a home game against the team in 21st really isn't the time to be playing a (mainly) left sided wide forward at RWB. 

Guess Williams will be off for Morgan at HT now.
  • Options
    Bowyer is lost.  Even if we win the game, that half of football is inexcusable. The defending is shameful.  Gilbey is absolutely miserable. 
    Bowyer has to be done after this surely? 
    Why slag Gilbey off specifically? He's the only one throwing himself into challenges..everyone else is powder puff. Fucking shameful performance all round.
    He's like a headless fucking chicken.  A useless one at that.
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    A sending off 6/1 on Skybet - thank me later!
    Been looking for this but cant find it on sky bet?
  • Options
    This is ridiculous. Have never seen a team defend so poorly as us today. The first two goals... Gilbey and Pearce are so far off the pace, it's just laughable.

Offensively our only tactic is to play the long ball up the Aneke and play off him. No creativity or football from the back or the wings.

I don't think we can blame Smyth much. He is very young and a striker forced into defending a very skilfull player in Baah, his teammates let him down. Especially Gunter giving no cover whatsoever in the first half hour. On the other side Oshilaja is constantly covering for Maatsen when he pushes higher up.
  • Options
    Smyth at RWB was a tactical error of epic proportion. Bowyer not helped by some woeful defending but when Smyth is being asked to track back it's going to happen. Gunter has been absolutely awful too. 
    Smyth could do the tracking back bit...but he couldn't do the closing down or tackling bit. Not really a surprise given that he's built like a 14 year old. Bowyer must've had a few good tugs on the crack pipe to come up with that one. 
  • Options
    I've been on a dog training video call for the last 90 minutes. Have I missed anything?
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Bowyer is lost.  Even if we win the game, that half of football is inexcusable. The defending is shameful.  Gilbey is absolutely miserable. 
    Why slag Gilbey off specifically? He's the only one throwing himself into challenges..everyone else is powder puff. Fucking shameful performance all round.
    And the rest of his team mates are better? He's just a new scapegoat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really poor to concede 4 before half time despite a few being good finishes.

Still feel there's a few goals in this game for us. But you just know we're going to concede again. 
  • Options
    Looking forward to marks out of 10 thread
  • Options
    That 4th goal went straight through the hole in the wall. Piss poor is an understatement.
  • Options
    If Bowyer goes. Paul Cook 
  • Options
    If your in our squad, and Bowyer gives you pelters at HT, do you even listen?

Formation and tactics have fucked us, again.
  • Options
    Williams has to bury that 

I fear for Bowyer after this game....I reckon he’ll walk 
    Yeah, from his car to his front door.
  • Options
    I blame the person who started the Andy Nelson thread
  • Options
    Feels a bit like the time Slater and Jimenez took over and sacked Parkinson after losing 4-2 at home in League 1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer feeling pressured to play attacking and expansive football by Sandgaard’s words previously?
    But he's not played that, and he rarely has ever played that. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    And the rest of his team mates are better? He's just a new scapegoat.
    Gunter been the worst player on the pitch
  • Options
    At risk of being LOL'd and this is in no way trying to excuse our performance, but from a statistical standpoint... I'd love to see the xG for this game. Feels like Rochdale would have no more than about half a goal in expectation.

They've had two shots from inside the area and score four. It's simply ridiculous conversion.

Whilst their finishing has been excellent, there can be absolutely no excuse for the 10yards of space each player has had for each goal 
  • Options
    Smyth right wing back, what a fucking joke. Bowyer has lost the plot.

If we dont turn things around soon it will bea relegation battle.

Absolute joke tactics.
  • Options

They've had two shots from inside the area and score four. It's simply ridiculous conversion.
    You do know that you can score from outside the box.
  • Options
    Hope Bowyer calls out Gibley, like he has other players, literally jogging about
  • Options
    Ffs.
  • Options
    I have just done a spin class and thought I would pop on to check the HT score, speechless!! 
    It’s a great game too
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!