Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rochdale | Tues 12 January 2021| 7pm ko

Comments

• Options
    Is it possible the last few matches are players actually signaling to TS that they simply don’t want to play for Bowyer anymore? 
    I did wonder that.
  • Options
    Gilbey is so incredibly cumbersome on and off the ball. Potentially one of the worst signings we've made. 
  • Options
    Sign-up Kwado Baah, what a talent at 17.
  • Options
    Don’t want to be excused as making excuses, but Christ have they scored some decent goals. Absolute last thing we needed tonight.

Bonkers half
    Great finishes from piss poor defending.
  • Options
    Well that was amazingly bad, even by Charlton standards. While we can all wonder at how bad Gunter, Gilbey, Pearce, Smyth and Maatsen have been, the blame ultimately lies with how Bowyer set them up.  Nobody playing right back and all four goals conceded come though that area. We should have switched to 4-4-2 at 2-1 down, but no, Bow knows best!

They are pretty awful at the back and cannot control Aneke, so let's stop putting square pegs in round holes and go 4-4-2 with Schwartz and Aneke up front, Millar on the left, Williams on the right, and hope the defence can stop the odd attack. When Millar gets tired we have Washington; when Aneke gets tired we have Bogle; when Williams gets tired we have Morgan. Hopefully nobody gets sent off as that will give Bowyer an easy excuse. 

We can still win this but only if they start playing properly.
  • Options
    I just don't get any of it. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I never thought I would say this, but Bowyer has to go. I hope he does the honourable thing and throws the towel in. Better than being sacked.
    I don't see Jackson as a viable option. We need someone who has more managerial experience, someone who will command respect of a dressing room that has seriously lost its way. The only candidate is Curbs. Give him a short term contract to stem the tide of abject surrender which is now endemic and which has seen the team in utter free fall. Time to show your steel Mr Sangaard. The right decisions are often the hardest ones. Go to it.

• Options
    Said recently we were in relegation form and got laughed at by a few.  Sad times.  Both teams are so shit we could still get something from this but we simply should not have witnessed that 45.
  • Options
    At risk of being LOL'd and this is in no way trying to excuse our performance, but from a statistical standpoint... I'd love to see the xG for this game. Feels like Rochdale would have no more than about half a goal in expectation.

They've had two shots from inside the area and score four. It's simply ridiculous conversion.

Whilst their finishing has been excellent, there can be absolutely no excuse for the 10yards of space each player has had for each goal 
    Exactly this. And it's not just in this game. It's every game the moment we lose the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exciting stuff! We’re gonna win 5-4!
  • Options
    I've been on a dog training video call for the last 90 minutes. Have I missed anything?
    Can he tackle at Right Back?
  • Options
    Smyth right wing back, what a fucking joke. Bowyer has lost the plot.

If we dont turn things around soon it will bea relegation battle.

Absolute joke tactics.
    For a manager who’s become increasingly concerned with making tweaks based on the opposition I’m surprised he did that when Rochdale have a very dangerous player attacking down that side.
  • Options
    Look.
    We nearly closed down
    No pre season
    Scraped a team together
    Injuries
    LB so Loyal
    Bla, bla, bla bla ............    
  • Options
    This is not supposed to be a toy box to play with, but a credible football team.
    Half a game Lee, half a game to prove you're not imitating Karel Fraeye.
    This is a miserable disgraceful display so far.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Exciting stuff! We’re gonna win 5-4!
    I think 6-4
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind but we have two top clas right backs so why pick a striker ?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Gilbey is so incredibly cumbersome on and off the ball. Potentially one of the worst signings we've made. 
    Most disappointing for sure, had such hype when bought, been awful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of we score more goals than they do we will win the game!!
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Bowyer is lost.  Even if we win the game, that half of football is inexcusable. The defending is shameful.  Gilbey is absolutely miserable. 
    Bowyer has to be done after this surely? 
    Why slag Gilbey off specifically? He's the only one throwing himself into challenges..everyone else is powder puff. Fucking shameful performance all round.
    He's like a headless fucking chicken.  A useless one at that.
    And the rest of his team mates are better? He's just a new scapegoat.
    Gunter been the worst player on the pitch
    That's gotta be a joke. Smyth at RB had that title, unfairly so but it is what it is.
  • Options
    Thought the wall for the free kick was not well positioned before he took it. 
  • Options
    Disappointing half . Their finishing better than ours . Bring on Schwartz for Smyth at HT .
  • Options

They've had two shots from inside the area and score four. It's simply ridiculous conversion.
    You do know that you can score from outside the box.
    Yes of course it's possible, that completely misses the point I was making.
  • Options
    Well I am pleased the players are showing desire particularly Chuks. Just got to sort it out at the back! For me Gunter needs resting. Matthew’s would not have let their LW that much space. Smyth offfers very little. I’d bring on Washington. 
    I don’t think we can say they aren’t playing for the shirt and Gilbey doing ok, unfortunately he needs to play like Messi to cast off the scapegoat title from the boo boys
  • Options
    Nobody in our coaching staff has a clue how to set the team up defensively- we're becoming a laughing stock. 
  • Options
    Dressing room went AWOL a few weeks ago, you can’t slag off players to the media, TS & the new top team won’t be putting up with this for much longer, taxi................
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    redbuttle said:
    Bowyer is lost.  Even if we win the game, that half of football is inexcusable. The defending is shameful.  Gilbey is absolutely miserable. 
    Bowyer has to be done after this surely? 
    Why slag Gilbey off specifically? He's the only one throwing himself into challenges..everyone else is powder puff. Fucking shameful performance all round.
    He's like a headless fucking chicken.  A useless one at that.
    And the rest of his team mates are better? He's just a new scapegoat.
    Gunter been the worst player on the pitch
    That's gotta be a joke. Smyth at RB had that title, unfairly so but it is what it is.
    At least Smyth isnt a defender though, he shouldnt be in that position - Gunter is a defender and havent seen him do anything 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!