Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rochdale | Tues 12 January 2021| 7pm ko

Comments

• I've been doing karate this evening. Have I missed anything?!
  • Don't know what to say really other than we really are shit at football.
  • Sandgaard liking tweets that are negative about Bowyer ...but perhaps he is just liking everything he is tagged too without paying too much attention. I mean if he takes his eyes of the stream for too long, he'll miss a Rochdale goal.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    redbuttle said:
    Bowyer is lost.  Even if we win the game, that half of football is inexcusable. The defending is shameful.  Gilbey is absolutely miserable. 
    Bowyer has to be done after this surely? 
    Why slag Gilbey off specifically? He's the only one throwing himself into challenges..everyone else is powder puff. Fucking shameful performance all round.
    He's like a headless fucking chicken.  A useless one at that.
    And the rest of his team mates are better? He's just a new scapegoat.
    Gunter been the worst player on the pitch
    That's gotta be a joke. Smyth at RB had that title, unfairly so but it is what it is.
    At least Smyth isnt a defender though, he shouldnt be in that position - Gunter is a defender and havent seen him do anything 
    Are you finally admitting to Bowyer making a mistake mate 😉
    Yeah I dont see today why Smyth is back there

Midfield is still desperately missing Pratley OR Watson but Smyth I really dont understand that one, especially with Matthews on the bench
    Definitely, bizarre decision. 
    What Bowyer or me finally agreeing on one? ;) 
    Both!
  • The sheer number of half time subs we make is an indictment of the team selections and tactics Bowyer has been picking
  • edited January 2021
    Can't say the players haven't been trying, seen more effort today than I have in previous weeks. But the setup was laughable and once again we found ourselves having to change formation inside the first half. That's inexcusable. (I'm so tired of using that word).
  • How come Amos never saves any of these shots?
  • Think we need 5 to win this. Can see us conceding another two times easily
    Well seeing as they have four already I make you right.
  • Gilbey just on his heels the whole game
    Reacts second to everything. 
  • That 17 year old is a palace academy reject 
    have they got anymore for us 
    although they’d turn up for us break down and be shit 
  • Sponsored links:

• Are we still on course to be playing European football in 5 years time? 
  • I never thought I would say this, but Bowyer has to go. I hope he does the honourable thing and throws the towel in. Better than being sacked.
    I don't see Jackson as a viable option. We need someone who has more managerial experience, someone who will command respect of a dressing room that has seriously lost its way. The only candidate is Curbs. Give him a short term contract to stem the tide of abject surrender which is now endemic and which has seen the team in utter free fall. Time to show your steel Mr Sangaard. The right decisions are often the hardest ones. Go to it.

Sandgaard sacks Bowyer.
    New manager comes in and is poo.
    Fans slag off Sandgaard for sacking Bowyer.
    It's all good fun......
  • @AFKABartram, they've been those finishes that a lot of Pro's can replicate from training when they have nobody closing them down. It's effectively a free shot at goal after doing the hard work.
  • For those digging out Amos, what ones should he have saved?
  • Bowyer will walk after this I reckon 
    Fucking good 
  • CAFCOlly said:
    Someone could tweet Sandgaard asking him to hire Chris Farnell as CEO and he would like the tweet. He/his team like every tweet that mentions him. Like all of us, he's probably watching the game concerned, but I wouldn't read into what tweets he likes whatsoever. 
    He's busy going back through the paperwork for a backout clause!
  • Gilbey and Smyth off, Morgan and Schwartz on
  • Schwartz on
  • CAFCOlly said:
    Someone could tweet Sandgaard asking him to hire Chris Farnell as Right Back and he would like the tweet. He/his team like every tweet that mentions him. Like all of us, he's probably watching the game concerned, but I wouldn't read into what tweets he likes whatsoever. 

• Sponsored links:

• Gilbey off is the right call 
  • That 17 year old is a palace academy reject 
    have they got anymore for us 
    although they’d turn up for us break down and be shit 
  • Gilbey off
  • Senpai said:
    I've been doing karate this evening. Have I missed anything?!
    No boring game so far goals few and far between.

• Gilbey and Smyth off for Morgan and Schwartz
  • boggzy said:
    A sending off 6/1 on Skybet - thank me later!
    Been looking for this but cant find it on sky bet?
    Just looked and now can't find it either - it was underneath the list starting with Goalscorers
  • Thank the fucking lord Gilbey is gone, albeit probably as he's been booked
  • 30 pages by half time, a CL record?
  • Matthew’s over Gunter all day but I think other subs more important to try and win the game thank fuck gilbey has gone off. 
  • What is going on inside Bowyer's head?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!