Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rochdale | Tues 12 January 2021| 7pm ko

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Why isn’t Matthews playing in place of Gunter? Was arguably our best player last year. 
    Bowyer never drops Gunter, Watson and Pratley.
  • Options
    53'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Ryan McLaughlin.

• Options
    Rocket Ronnie hat trick please.
  • Options
    Plenty of corners...
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    CH4RLTON said:
    Call me stupid, but I really dont see how any tonights performance so far can blamed on Bowyer
    Three goals came from the Right Wing where attacker Smyth was defending? 
  • Options
    Bit more mobility in CM now

• Options
    Charlton players claiming we should have had a freekick for a backpass to their keeper but nothing doing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Call me stupid, but I really dont see how any tonights performance so far can blamed on Bowyer
    Stupid boy 
  • Options
    53'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Ronnie Schwartz (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from the right side of the box is blocked.

• Options
    Plenty of corners...
    Nine so far for us
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    We're actually playing like the home team now. One half too late!

Playing well
  • Options
    Good job the fans arnt there the players would  be getting pelters!
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    What GIFs - Find  Share on GIPHY
  • Options
    53'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from the right side of the box is blocked.

• Options
    Ronnie looks lively
  • Options
    Gunter crosses but it sails over everyone's head, and then a Rochdale player handles halfway up their half. Freekick in but Pearce's header goes wide.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Famous last words, but we look a bit more solid now
  • Options
    One thing that is noticeable is the lack of leadership on the pitch. 
  • Options
    56' Pearce heads a free-kick delivery across the face of goal, Schwartz is just shy of getting on the end of it. #cafc 2 #rafc 4
  • Options
    robroy said:
    I do find it very harsh that people are so quick to say ‘Bowyer out etc. 

Yes it’s not great, but to cast him aside so flippantly is out of line if you ask me. 

Mate we've conceded 4 at home to Rochdale in 45 minutes and played a striker/winger at RWB...He aint doing himself any favours is he?
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    I'll bite.

You are STUPID
  • Options
    robroy said:
    I do find it very harsh that people are so quick to say ‘Bowyer out etc. 

Yes it’s not great, but to cast him aside so flippantly is out of line if you ask me. 

It’s not really “flippant” - since Wembley we’ve had a 32% win percentage and suffered a relegation. He got a pass for all of that because of the insane circumstances he was working under, but I think enough is becoming enough - this isn’t good for either party at this point. 
  • Options
    Famous last words, but we look a bit more solid now
    I had a solid earlier,that was also a shit unfortunately....
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Toxic thread 

Let's completely ignore the fact they have scored 3 ridiculous goals for league 1 quality. 

Smyth at RWB is bad by Bows but no one double up with him or covered for him. We have genuinely played some good football in patches and it could be 4-4, unfortunately panicked defenders are letting us down as per

Still in this imo 
    They scored 3 ridiculous goals because they had the time or space too.

We've not been good so far.
    Ok which was a result of Pearce being slow and no one covering for Smyth, even if Matthews was there I would still expect him to be covered for. I have seen us do that before under Bowyer so it's a player thing. Free kick was a belter what can you do 

4-2 isn't a scorline that reflects this game, worst time it could have happened to us with our fickle fans and the animosity in the air atm

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Totally agree. Smyth played at right back and gifted their winger two goals off his own back without being asked to play there 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!