Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Charlton | Sat 16 Jan 2021

Comments

• 42' | Save! Joe Day stands tall to push away a close-range effort from Aneke that was aimed towards the near post. #BRFC 0-0 #CAFC
  • Chuks shoots from a tight angle but the keeper saves, Williams shot/cross goes wide.
  • Unlucky again. Really should've scored here. But playing well. 
  • Looking shakey at the back but we really should/could be 3 up here
  • 43' Chance! Aneke gets into the box on the the right and draws a save from Day, Williams sends the rebound across the face of goal and his ball is just too high for Washington to turn in. #brfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Good challenge from Williams somehow manages to win us a throw on the right level with our area.
  • Washington rightfully annoyed at Williams there.
  • Sponsored links:

• 43'

Post update

Attempt missed. Jonathan Williams (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the right side of the box.

• Chuks get done for another foul while winning the ball in the air.
    1. 45'

Post update

Luke Leahy (Bristol Rovers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 45'

Post update

Foul by Chuks Aneke (Charlton Athletic).

• Dazzler21 said:
    Washington rightfully annoyed at Williams there.
    Not seen a replay yet but seemed neither a pass or shot was taken
  • Oggy Red said:
    paulfox said:
    Did Gunter used to be good?,I think the majority of games he’s played for us he has been poor. 
    His poor games have come when he's played out of position at CB.

He's no CB.

Not sure he’s done great at right back to be honest, seems to get done quite a lot, maybe a pace thing?. I expected more that’s all. 
  • HT 0-0

No added time... Says it all really 
  • Better hope the minister of shooting is able to play the second 45, decent half from us
  • Sponsored links:

• First half time on Sky. Can't be much happening out there 
  • paulfox said:
    Did Gunter used to be good?,I think the majority of games he’s played for us he has been poor. 
    Well he's Wales' most capped ever player and has played his entire career in the top 2 divisions, so his pedigree is there.

I'd agree he hasn't exactly set the world alight for us but..........we've often played him at centre back which is definitely not his natural position.
  • Would be harsh on Washington who’s played well, but think Ronnie needs to come on now on the assumption Chuks won’t last past 60 mins - need 15 mins with Chuks and Ronnie on together. 
  • HT 0-0. We've looked a lot better going forward, it's just a shame we've not taken our chances
  • First half clean sheet! 
  • Wonder what Chuks and Washington(?) were talking to the ref about there.
  • 90 minutes since we let in a goal!!
    Now we have forgotten how to score.
    JFC looks great, Millar and Morgan good. Not happening for Chuks today
  • A vast improvement on midweek so far
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!