Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Charlton | Sat 16 Jan 2021

Comments

• Don't make any half time subs!!

• They have targeted Gunter to good effect, Hanlan has beaten too frequently. Also are playing out from the back has put us into trouble more often than not. They are man marking are defense at the pass out from Amos.
  • Pretty even half for me, either side could go on to win this.
  • Is Chucks allowed to be physical? Just seems that even if he breaths on a defender its a foul...
  • I just can’t warm to Forster-Caskey as an offensive player... he wastes so many good positions with under hit crosses and over hit shots.
  • Not a classic but we're playing reasonably well.

Had 3 good chances. Hope the fact we haven't scored doesn't come back to bite us.

The final ball in has been disappointing on a number of occasions.

Aneke is a real handful. Shame he can't last the 90 minutes. Wonder how long he can last.
  • Schwartz to come on and score the winner.
  • Sponsored links:

• paulfox said:
    Oggy Red said:
    paulfox said:
    Did Gunter used to be good?,I think the majority of games he’s played for us he has been poor. 
    His poor games have come when he's played out of position at CB.

He's no CB.

Not sure he’s done great at right back to be honest, seems to get done quite a lot, maybe a pace thing?. I expected more that’s all. 

Gunter looked good as RB in a settled back 4 alongside Inniss and Famewo, with Watson as protector.

When you are stripped of the best players around your position, everything becomes much more unpredictable.
    You find yourself surrounded by players playing a makeshift role outside of their normal position.

We shouldn't underestimate that. 

• Matthews has wasted all four of his crosses. It's a common theme with him and it would make such a difference if he could sort that out. 
  • I just can’t warm to Forster-Caskey as an offensive player... he wastes so many good positions with under hit crosses and over hit shots.
    Smash EVERYTHING 

Hopefully Morgan can be the Attacking midfielder and JFC defensive this half
  • A much better first half than we have seen for quite a long time! The attack looks potent (except when Chuks fouls...) and the midfield is getting stuck in. Even the defence looks OK most of the time, or would do it Gunter could learn to mark someone.

We've got to come out firing and look to get in front, so that when we do make the Gilbey/Schwartz substitutions we are in front and not chasing the game.
  • paulfox said:
    Did Gunter used to be good?,I think the majority of games he’s played for us he has been poor. 
    Well he's Wales' most capped ever player and has played his entire career in the top 2 divisions, so his pedigree is there.

I'd agree he hasn't exactly set the world alight for us but..........we've often played him at centre back which is definitely not his natural position.
    I get his pedigree, but based on that I don’t think he’s been overly impressive even at right back. I thought he may be better at organising the defence due to his experience. Just my opinion, little underwhelmed that’s all.
  • We're the better team but do look vulnerable to the long ball over Gunter, they clearly are targeting that area
  • Just keep going
    Don't get disinterested
    Keep concentration
    Keep shooting on target

• Dazzler21 said:
    Gunter getting slated at CB again... We had one other option which was play a kid there.

Deji has looked decent at LCB for me.
    Gunter just seems lack any sort of agility and turns like a HGV. 
  • We've only won 33% of tackles
  • Rovers are shit , they won’t score ... can we ... yes Schwartz ....eieieio 
  • Sponsored links:

• Simonsen said:
    Matthews has wasted all four of his crosses. It's a common theme with him and it would make such a difference if he could sort that out. 
    At this level that really shouldn’t happen
  • Chunes said:
    First half clean sheet! 
    First one since Shrewsbury at a guess? 
  • They can't handle us down the left. Wish we'd try to play more down that side second half. Get the ball to Millar more. 
  • edited January 2021
    Bowyer started the best 11 available in a formation which makes sense. At last.

We have had 4 or 5 chances and playing on the front foot.

Gutted the prolific Aneke isn't as Sharp as Tuesday but If Aneke scored all his Chances he would be playing in the Championship before this Window shuts.

I'm only frustrated that we haven't scored but not with the line up in first half. Many players having decent games.

Hope Ronnie Schwartz can play a part today. 30 minutes or the whole 2nd half ? 
    Brave statement!
    Sounds like you've been scoffing the Cadbury's again? :smile:

• Matthews isn't quite the rolls royce he was in the Championship, but he's not had a run of games and we know his quality.
  • Sort your Charlton shirt out, looks all scruffy mate
  • Summon the Plaffeministeren!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!