Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Charlton | Sat 16 Jan 2021

Comments

• I just can’t warm to Forster-Caskey as an offensive player... he wastes so many good positions with under hit crosses and over hit shots.
    Agree his attacking ability isn't there but he's a great middle man. I've always called him bang average but the past few games he looks very composed, collects the ball well, never looks panicked, spots runners.

If he had a bit of pace and could chip in more with goals he would deffo be a level above at least.

No more calling JFC average from me, hands up 
    JFC has really stepped up to the plate the last few games.

Pretty impressed with his performance against Rochdale, especially.

• edited January 2021
    Goes short, but nothing doing and Matthews ball to Chuks is flicked on, and Maatsen wins us another corner with a good run.

• 47' | Washington skews a volley high over the Rovers goal. #BRFC 0-0 #CAFC
  • I'm not going to say we've been great, though we were the better team, buts it nice to actually watch us and it looks like we know what we are doing. 

Spot on fishy.
    We are 2 CB and 1 forward short of looking a good team today.

No disrespect to Oshilaja who is defending well but is limited in his passing.

Started well this half but need to pull the trigger.

• Unlucky Washington
  • I think Washington had a shot there, but it ends with a goal kick, and Rovers are on the attack
  • Ooof am surprised that wasnt a penalty 
  • Unlucky there. Don't have much confidence in Washington personally. I want to be shut up nicely.
  • Poor first touch Washington.

• 49' Aneke lays off Washington on the break, he takes a first touch with his head as he races towards goal, but Day gets out of his goal to get to the ball first. #brfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Rovers claiming for a penalty due to a "foul" by Morgan, and we counter with Washington but the keeper gets the ball.
  • So wasteful so far today. Back to bad old ways from earlier in the season. Chance creation has been great though. 
  • Ahh Maatsen, dribble inwards
  • Oh Maatsen, should’ve gone for the easy ball there
  • Maatsen needs to do better there
  • I'm not going to say we've been great, though we were the better team, buts it nice to actually watch us and it looks like we know what we are doing. 

Spot on fishy.
    We are 2 CB and 1 forward short of looking a good team today.

No disrespect to Oshilaja who is defending well but is limited in his passing.

Started well this half but need to pull the trigger.

And of course we do have those exact players on the books but currently unavailable/not match fit. 
  • 48' | Strong shouts for a penalty, as Hanlan goes to ground after contact with Gunter inside the Charlton area. Nothing is given. #BRFC 0-0 #CAFC
  • Oh dear Maatsen's cross was high and wide possibly due to a bobble as he went to hit it.
  • edited January 2021
    Why does it seem inevitable that despite all our chances, they will score first?
  • Maartsen’s crossing is shit, is it not?

i can see Rovers nicking a late goal and winning this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    For all those geniuses who were slating Bowyer for not playing Matthews Tuesday night...he has been awful! His first ball has been horrific and I say that being one of his biggest fans last season! Shadow of the player from last season! 

I am not writing us off but I think the critics just need to understand we are not that great at the moment! Get players back and we will improve!
    He’s not been awful, but yes he’d have half a point less than the rest for me if we were scoring them on first halves...
    When was the last time Matthews started a game at right back? 
  • Jeez, how many chances???
  • From 4 goals in a game to...
  • Getting quite end to end now.
  • Ball just not falling for us at moment
  • One of the more entertaining nil nils I’ve seen
  • So wasteful so far today. Back to bad old ways from earlier in the season. Chance creation has been great though. 
    Bring on the Gunslinger 

• 53' Millar looks for Aneke at the back post, but another vital interception from a blue and white shirt snuffs out the chance. #brfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Credit to the Bristol Rovers CBs at the moment 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!