Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Bristol Rovers v Charlton | Sat 16 Jan 2021

Comments

• Anyone see Stevie Brown as our next manager, i could listen to
    him all day long, very knowledgeable on our game and everything
    CAFC, and seems to be coming up with some great points of play
  • If LB brings on Ronnie for Washington and then takes Aneke off after 60 mins, who will play up front with Ronnie?
  • Just hope we don’t rue the missed chances. Fancy Schwartz to nick a 77th min winner.
  • Oggy Red said:
    paulfox said:
    Oggy Red said:
    paulfox said:
    Did Gunter used to be good?,I think the majority of games he’s played for us he has been poor. 
    His poor games have come when he's played out of position at CB.

He's no CB.

Not sure he’s done great at right back to be honest, seems to get done quite a lot, maybe a pace thing?. I expected more that’s all. 

Gunter looked good as RB in a settled back 4 alongside Inniss and Famewo, with Watson as protector.

When you are stripped of the best players around your position, everything becomes much more unpredictable.
    You find yourself surrounded by players playing a makeshift role outside of their normal position.

We shouldn't underestimate that. 

I get all that, it was just an observation as a weak link. I’m not putting the boot in. Don’t think he is very impressive to say how desperate bows was to get him.at the end of the day I want him to do well, he’s in a Charlton shirt. 
  • mendonca said:
    Matthews isn't quite the rolls royce he was in the Championship, but he's not had a run of games and we know his quality.
    And really players need a consistent run of games to perform consistently. :smile:

• Decent enough.  Need to take a couple of chances second half as they have looked a bit dangerous as the game has progressed.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Rovers are shit , they won’t score ... can we ... yes Schwartz ....eieieio 
    Sounds like you've been scoffing the Cadbury's again? :smile:

I’ll be honest I slept through Most of the first  half , been hitting the chocolate hard recently and been spending half the night on the pan ...
    you called it right 
  • Good first half. Only a couple of scares. ‘C’mon Charlton 
  • Kicking off on time at 3pm, no injury time, we may not be the last team to finish  :)
  • mendonca said:
    Matthews isn't quite the rolls royce he was in the Championship, but he's not had a run of games and we know his quality.
    Had a lot more defending to do in the Championship, more focus on us trying to break teams down in this league. That was one reason why Pratley looked better after we went up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Every team that's beaten/drawn to us recently ends up losing their next game ffs.
  • Gunter looking a bit shakey, but once again just doing his best out of position. Deji having another good game. Maatsen and Millar doing reasonably well down left. Aneke done ok but should have scored, Williams battling hard. JFC continuing his decent run of form. Mainly positive, especially the clean sheet, only negative being it's 0-0 as we should be winning although Hanlan missed a great chance. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Rovers are shit , they won’t score ... can we ... yes Schwartz ....eieieio 
    Sounds like you've been scoffing the Cadbury's again? :smile:

I’ll be honest I slept through Most of the first  half , been hitting the chocolate hard recently and been spending half the night on the pan ...
    you called it right 
    Watching Charlton for you must be like sitting half the night on the bog?  :smile:

• ross1 said:
    Kicking off on time at 3pm, no injury time, we may not be the last team to finish  :)
    Might be first to finish at this rate!
  • Distracted by the lampstand in front of the Charlton badge!
  • For all those geniuses who were slating Bowyer for not playing Matthews Tuesday night...he has been awful! His first ball has been horrific and I say that being one of his biggest fans last season! Shadow of the player from last season! 

I am not writing us off but I think the critics just need to understand we are not that great at the moment! Get players back and we will improve!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Gunter getting slated at CB again... We had one other option which was play a kid there.

Deji has looked decent at LCB for me.
    Your last sentence says it all. Deji looked good on Tuesday night as well but Bowyer has refused to play him until he had no other option. Soooooo......why not do the same with Barker. Might just find a natural centre half is better than a right back. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Here come the Addicks for the second half... COME ON YOUUU REDS! #cafc
  • Looking forward to Schwarz joining the action. Williams having a good game. If only Matthews could get his crosses deeper.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Don't make any half time subs!!

Good! 
  • Anyone see Stevie Brown as our next manager, i could listen to
    him all day long, very knowledgeable on our game and everything
    CAFC, and seems to be coming up with some great points of play
    Nope. Love the guy, but if we're getting a new manager I'd want someone with more experience. I'd love him to do some work with our defence though.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    For all those geniuses who were slating Bowyer for not playing Matthews Tuesday night...he has been awful! His first ball has been horrific and I say that being one of his biggest fans last season! Shadow of the player from last season! 

I am not writing us off but I think the critics just need to understand we are not that great at the moment! Get players back and we will improve!
    He’s not been awful, but yes he’d have half a point less than the rest for me if we were scoring them on first halves...
  • I just can’t warm to Forster-Caskey as an offensive player... he wastes so many good positions with under hit crosses and over hit shots.
    Agree his attacking ability isn't there but he's a great middle man. I've always called him bang average but the past few games he looks very composed, collects the ball well, never looks panicked, spots runners.

If he had a bit of pace and could chip in more with goals he would deffo be a level above at least.

No more calling JFC average from me, hands up 
  • Give it 10 or 15 mins then unleash rocket ronnie

• 47' JFC finds space in the box and tries to find Aneke, but a Bristol Rovers defender puts it behind for a corner. #brfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Washington chasing down the backpass leads to a good chance, and we have a corner
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!