Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POLL: Will we make the top 6?

edited January 2021 in General Charlton
Hello everyone.  We are now at the half way stage in the season having played every team once.  We thought it would be a good time to ask you whether or not you think we can make the top 6?  I appreciate there is a week or so to run on the window, so some of you may be waiting to pass judgment until you know the make up of our squad, however, given the salary cap I can’t see more than one or two potentially coming in.  Some of you may still feel the top 2 is possible, but we’ve settled on top 6 as that may be more realistic and it was mooted as the target for this season from TS.

Open poll so you can add comments behind your thinking should you wish too

POLL: Will we make the top 6? 409 votes

Yes
55%
LoOkOuTAFKABartramRothko_MrDickSouthendaddickAlgarveaddickCAFCBourneElthamaddickHenry Irvingcfgs9goalswentpastperryEssex_AlAddicktedThommoletthegoodtimesrollSolidgoneOggy RedjimmymelroseHeath Heroaliwibble 227 votes
No
44%
LargeAddickmascot88Red_Pete_in_DubaiCharltonparklaneSaladsporaddickpaulbaconsarnieCafcWestISawLeaburnScoreThe Prince-e-PaulgolfaddickSX_AddickBDLcolthe3rdCarterDaveMehmetHarry GregoryHornchurchct_addickDanepak 182 votes

Comments

• No
    Im going for 8th or 9th
  • No
    It's a toughy. But we really don't look like we've got much up our sleeve this time round.
    Maybe next year.
  • Yes
    Honestly think that our season is mirroring that of 2 years ago and that we will come on strong in the second half of the season. Top 2 looks steep but I believe we have enough to get into the play offs.
  • No
    Heart says yes. 

Head says we have got 14 points from 13 games, many against very weak teams so no chance.
  • Yes
    Yes, simply because we absolutely have to. 

Salary cap gets harder for everyone next season.

- Managers that have underachieved this season will really struggle next.
    - Managers that have overachieved on tight budgets will probably excel. 

Not sure yet which of those include Bowyer?
  • No
    It will be close, I can easily see something like 5/6 points separating 5th to 12th. I think we'll be in that group but just outside, 8/9th. 
  • No
    No. Unless we bring in some player(s) that give high level consistency and leadership.
  • Yes
    Despite recent poor performances, I think we will turn the corner and be fine
  • Yes
    Keep the faith
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes
    I think 3rd-6th, a bit optimistic, i believe we have the squad and we have to get some form together and momentum to achieve top 3, sneak into play offs at worst for me. Maybe its wishful thinking, i just think we are too good not too make them, not based on current form though
  • Yes
    It’s really disappointing if Bowyer doesn’t get us up this season and I voted no as I don’t think he will.

my friend is an Oxford fan and constantly says that he would kill for players of the like Bowyer can bring in.

Compare our squad to Accrington or Lincoln.

This shouldn’t even need to be a question.
    You do question why Bowyer can attract good players, but seemingly not keep them performing. 

Whereas other managers, like Accrington can bring in cheaper players and are competing with the best in this league. 

I wonder if Bowyer, Gallen or the club history is what attracts players?
  • No
    I’ve put no, but that’s purely on the basis that I think our form over the last 13 games is telling the us how the story will play out.  It’s so tight and we’re only halfway through the season, there’s a lot of football to be played, but I think we’ll fall short.  This squad/team doesn’t have the feel of a promotion winning side.  Feels very different to two years ago
  • No
    I would be a "don't know" rather than a definite "no" as there's still a chance of nicking 6th, but at the moment I think it more likely we'll be 7th or 8th
  • Yes
    Yes, but that's optimism trumping realism, will be easier to predict at the end of the January window and with a lot of injury luck
  • No
    cabbles said:
    Hello everyone.  We are now at the half way stage in the season having played every team once.  We thought it would be a good time to ask you whether or not you think we can make the top 6?  I appreciate there is a week or so to run on the window, so some of you may be waiting to pass judgment until you know the make up of our squad, however, given the salary cap I can’t see more than one or two potentially coming in.  Some of you may still feel the top 2 is possible, but we’ve settled on top 6 as that may be more realistic and it was mooted as the target for this season from TS.

Open poll so you can add comments behind your thinking should you wish too
    Not a chance 
  • Yes
    Yes. have some faith, people.

It rains for a week, folks say it's going to rain for ever.
    But things change - and then it's sunny.

We have a poor run and people think that's going to last forever, might as well give up, right?
    But then completely overlook the terrific run that propelled us into the playoff positions in the first place, which we are well capable of repeating.

It's football. Past performance is no guarantee of the future. Ask Golfie ........ he has to write that in his job every day. :smile:

• edited January 2021
    Yes
    When Innis and Famewo are back to give us some stability, we can go on another winning run and just about sneak in to that 6th spot ... that’s optimism for you! 
  • No
    We will miss out on top 6, and the Bowyer era will be over.
  • Yes
    I'm certain we will ... the bad run will stop during this month
  • Sponsored links:

• No
    I think we’ll just miss out, but then I’m incredibly pessimistic. Do believe we’ll turn this form around to something far better, but that we’ll finish just outside the play offs. It’s going to be close though, I’m sure of that. 
  • Yes
    I think yes.

Get Famewo and Inniss back to sure up the defence, we know we can score goals.

So when those 2 are back and fully fit I think we can go on a decent unbeaten run towards the end of the season and make it
  • No
    Don’t think we quite have enough defensively to make it. 8th I reckon.
  • No
    Said no but that'll change if we bring in a quality CB
  • No
    No. Seventh. Sadly.
  • Yes
    Yes, by the skin of our teeth. But if we aren't the form team at that stage I don't think we can expect another play off final win to seal promotion.
  • Yes
    I think we will go on a run once the central defenders are back and scrape in 5th or 6th.
  • Yes
    I've said yes but I'm torn,
    But I've got to believe that with the additions Lee will fashion a more settled side that is more consistent, tighter at the back and starts to play with more enterprise and belief.
    More hopeful than convinced though.