Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POLL: Will we make the top 6?

Comments

• Options
    No
    No.

Bowyer chops and changes too much... no way,  10th.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes 
    shit league 
    we have the players 
    does our management have the nouse , that will be the deciding factor 
  • Options
    Yes
     yes from me.
  • Options
    No
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do make top 6 

We have to back the manager, its been a comedy of errors and bad luck for us, get taken over by the first sensible owner for over a decade and then are unable to spend any money! With a fully fit squad we should be up there, Innis and Famewo are such a difference to have in the side. We lost Alfie Doughty who was proving to be the very intelligent player I knew was in there and have continued our run of luck with seemingly physically unrobust players. 

I think the salary cap was always going to help smaller clubs more than clubs who have the willingness to spend money. 

Weirdly I think its harder for a club like us to pick the type of players up that we have been tormented by who play for sides like Fleetwood, Franchise FC, Rochdale and Peterbrough as they are afforded a lot of patience whereas we have pretty high expectations of anyone we sign and I dont think tier 3 players always respond well to to that sort of pressure. Fraser for example who everyone was raving about after the MK game had been released by Burton and of we had signed him, before a ball was kicked he would have been getting microanalysis on here and twitter with many deciding he is shit. 

• Options
    Yes
    Top6? We are winning it, if not we will 100 point club it next season, either way will do me 
  • Options
    No
    The thread title asks ‘will we’ but the text in the OP asks ‘can we’. Obviously, we can but we will need a good run to make it. The defence leaks too many. The hope is that Famewo and Inniss change two soft goals per game to no soft goals per game. Realistically, they’ll be injuries that will give us problems somewhere on the pitch. I’d say doubtful, but I’ve only seen this season as a stabilisation year. Next season will hopefully be better.
  • Options
    I believe Bowyer has turned a corner after the outburst over Maddison’s injury. I think that, that comment led to a bit of a clear the air meeting, and now hopefully the petty dropping of certain players, the constant tinkering, and the jibes will stop and the players will respond. They are good enough, but certain players need a run in the team. Look how JFK has improved game on game. 
    Bowyer is learning too, he can’t expect everyone to play like he did, I hope he has realised the likes of Williams and Maddison are confidence players. You either accommodate them, or not. The team is about balance. 
  • Options
    Yes
    We’ll get another 1 or 2 signings, we’ll improve and find a way to at least scrape in to the play-offs. I never expect play-off success though so don’t see us having enough to go up.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes. We’ve seen how good we can be with a full squad. That winning streak wasn’t a fluke. Get our defence sorted, I hope we get a CB in this window, and we have the quality to put another one together. We’ve made a good signing in the Preston lad. We have the quality in midfield. 
    This league is crap, and I’m still of the belief we can win it outright. 
  • Options
    No
    Said it before say it again,we will just fall short 7th or 8th.

Fill no matter what Sandgaard has said this season was written off when he took over. This was always a learning season, 2021/2022 is the one to worry about if it has not happen by the end of that season then that will be the time to worry and ask questions .

Until club ground and training ground fall under one owner we will always be up against a wall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No
    No. The team is never settled with all the changes, too many players that cant do consistent 90 mins, defence made of glass, questionable tactics, not playing players in correct positions, inability to see games out... shall I go on? 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Yes
    I’m an optimist laughing in the face of form and facts 
  • Options
    Yes
    Absolutely. In fact, I'm pretty hopeful of top two...
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    No
    The thread title asks ‘will we’ but the text in the OP asks ‘can we’. Obviously, we can but we will need a good run to make it. The defence leaks too many. The hope is that Famewo and Inniss change two soft goals per game to no soft goals per game. Realistically, they’ll be injuries that will give us problems somewhere on the pitch. I’d say doubtful, but I’ve only seen this season as a stabilisation year. Next season will hopefully be better.
    You could for a poll like this have 4 options

Confidently yes
    Probably yes
    Probably no
    Confidently no

I imagine most people will be in the middle 2 categories

• Options
    No
    No for me. Just don't see enough consistency with our squad. It's like pre season every week. The players and manager are still getting to know each other and communication seems to be lacking. If Bowyer can get them to gell anything could happen. SCP took a half season with new players to take off but was consistent. This team is constantly changing and just isn't clicking. It has to be fixed. I doubt 1-2 January signings is all that is required. 
    Been saying for months. The whole is less than the sum of its parts. 
  • Options
    Yes
    Can I change my vote?
  • Options
    No
    Can you change your mind on this thread, I think some of those who said yes would like to do so after that,
  • Options
    Yes
    Live in hope
  • Options
    Yes
    We just need to cut out the mistakes. We can score but just need to tighten up again.
  • Options
    No
    Can't see it based on recent results and considering some of the teams around us have plenty of games in hand over us. The next few weeks are key and hopefully things will improve. A change of manager is also a possibility and that may change things.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes
    Yes

From me which is weird in itself I’m rarely optimistic but feel players coming back from injury and a few additions, we’ll be more solid and hard to beat and should have enough firepower to turn draws into victory.

The Oracle has spoken.
    I’m afraid I’ve changed my mind.

I’ve never been an optimist when it comes to Charlton but I was so sure we’d win today-I even thought about calling the Doc-that I felt relaxed for the first 4 minutes but then of course I woke up!

If this is now going to be the new norm match day experience, then I think it’s curtains for our play off hopes.

I just can’t see us turning these stupid mistakes around.
  • Options
    Yes
    msomerton said:
    Can you change your mind on this thread, I think some of those who said yes would like to do so after that,
    I would assume that the opposite true given our steady improvement over the last few games. Our luck has got to even out and the defenders will stop taking in it turn to make schoolboy errors. Fantastic effort to pull this game round and enough chances to win three games.

Fully expecting us to go on a good run. Did before today, and still do.

So does Curbs, Minto, Brownie and Bows. Find a better quartet than that to back up your argument! 
  • Options
    No
    No chance, Not unless Bowyer leaves this week. The players need change and a kick up the ass
  • Options
    Yes
    Despite today’s result, I still think we’ll creep into the top six
  • Options
    No
    I don't see how we can given the huge games in hand difference.  Even if Accrington, Sunderland, Ipswich get only one point per game we still end up in 9th with a 2 point gap.  
  • Options
    Yes
    Redrobo said:
    msomerton said:
    I would assume that the opposite true given our steady improvement over the last few games. Our luck has got to even out and the defenders will stop taking in it turn to make schoolboy errors. Fantastic effort to pull this game round and enough chances to win three games.

So does Curbs, Minto, Brownie and Bows. Find a better quartet than that to back up your argument! 
    Talk's cheap and they're not the ones on the pitch making the mistakes.
  • Options
    Yes
    Redrobo said:
    msomerton said:

Talk's cheap and they're not the ones on the pitch making the mistakes.
    I have no idea what you are trying to say.
  • Options
    No
    Has anyone changed their mind after the close of the window.  I’m going to stick my neck out and say I think I have.  I honestly couldn’t see it when I put the poll up, but I’ve just got a little feeling the balance has come back to the team with Millar and Jaiyesemi.  

As much as I liked Jonny, it may just be time for both parties to part ways. He’s always given 110% commitment imo.  He has talent and is a good player, but this season has shown he doesn’t fit fully into a ‘Bowyer’ team. The fact that Bogle and Maddison have been moved on is a positive as well.  I have nothing against either of them, it just seems that Bowyer has/needs a certain type of player, and if they don’t fit in, it won’t work.

Still have questions about the defence in the absence of Famewo and Inniss, and I don’t want that to become the season’s excuse, but, if we can start to string out a few clean sheets, confidence can grow.

There’s 21 games left.  I think we need to 13 of them minimum to make sure we’re not at risk of missing out on the final day.   That’s a big task, but now it’s up to the team and Lee to prove they can do it.  
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Yes
    I said yesterday we'll finish second and I'm even more confident since the addition of Smith and yo DJ pump this party
  • Options
    Yes
    Mine was a very tenuous 'yes' and now that we haven't signed back-up for central defence I've changed my mind from yes to no. If Innis and Famewo come back in and play the last 20 games, we'll do it but I strongly doubt that this will happen.