Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• Options
    Wish he scored as many times he throws his arms in the air each game , really drives me mad and  moans at everyone else while he’s crap himself 
    We have no leadership on the field.
    No idea who else should be captain though.
    Dobson?
    There doesn't seem to be an obvious candidate, which is worrying. No real leaders out there, when you look back over the years at our captains each and everyone of them would walk into this team and take the armband, we probably had vice or 'reserve' captains that would walk it now.
  • Options
    O’Connell was captain v FGR. When they scored he walked away head down instead of encouraging and revitalising the team like Pearce or Jackson used to. 
  • Options
    I saw Stockley play for Preston at the Valley a few years ago and took a dislike to him (as a player - he seems like a nice bloke off the field). Looked like a talentless flapper. All arms and whinging. I’ve never changed my mind. 
  • Options
    ATM he's a captain who is personally ineffectual during the game, and I think that must be very frustrating for him. He's being constantly out crowded and out muscled. He needs a willing runner alongside who can drag defenders out of position.
  • Options
    Said it on here countless times already. His hip injury is a chronic injury. He will never be the same player again. We should have bit Wednesdays hand off in the summer and kept Washington.

• Options
    se9addick said:
    He was a weird choice as captain. 
    They’re all shit but there are options for all the others , he has to play he is the only fit striker at the club aged over 19 
  • Options
    Stockley works his socks off during the game but the way we are playing is not suiting his play, especially with the poor crosses aimlessly put across the box which are either to high or doesn’t get past the first defender. But he does draw defenders towards him which is leaving the likes of the wingers to come inside and shoot twenty miles over or pass the goal.
  • Options
    He's lost it. What about that cross to him far left hand post second half. He allowed the full back in front of him to back peddle and nod it away. He didn't even jump. I'm telling you if that was Derek Hales, he would have jumped early and the full back, himself and the ball would have ended in the back of the net.
    Couldn’t understand that, was almost like he was looking for a pen rather than putting the ball and defender in the net 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's lost it. What about that cross to him far left hand post second half. He allowed the full back in front of him to back peddle and nod it away. He didn't even jump. I'm telling you if that was Derek Hales, he would have jumped early and the full back, himself and the ball would have ended in the back of the net.
    I said the same to my son. 
    It was the perfect cross for him. 
    I couldn't believe he let the smaller full back get in front of him & head it clear.
    As you say he didn't even jump. 
  • Options
    He’s lost any mobility that he had; he had a bit of aggression and spring when he first came but it’s all gone .  Time to play 3 smaller , alternating forwards 
  • Options
    Couldn’t understand that, was almost like he was looking for a pen rather than putting the ball and defender in the net 
    Wave his arms did he?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Stockley works his socks off during the game but the way we are playing is not suiting his play, especially with the poor crosses aimlessly put across the box which are either to high or doesn’t get past the first defender. But he does draw defenders towards him which is leaving the likes of the wingers to come inside and shoot twenty miles over or pass the goal.
    Works his socks off - I don't think so.
    Spends most of his time wrestling defenders, moaning and giving away free kicks. Leaburn puts in far more effort when he comes on (not that I think that he is the answer, at his age).
    Stockley seems to be getting worse as each game goes by and that's from a very low starting base.
  • Options
    He’s like a more aggressive version of Pawel Abbott
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    He’s like a more aggressive version of Pawel Abbott
    He's equally as useless.
  • Options
    Wish he scored as many times he throws his arms in the air each game , really drives me mad and  moans at everyone else while he’s crap himself 
    Dobson?
    We're desperately missing a Jason Pearce type character as skipper.

• Options
    If Payne can get in the starting 11 he seems to have good leadership qualities. Lavelle is also one of the more vocal players. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    If Payne can get in the starting 11 he seems to have good leadership qualities. Lavelle is also one of the more vocal players. 
    Lavelle is shit though
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Oggy Red said:
    Dobson?
    We're desperately missing a Jason Pearce type character as skipper.
    I don't remember the leadership being so great over the past few years either, sorry to say. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    I'd have Payne in ahead of Morgan as our other further forward midfielder, would also give him the ability to be Captain. 
  • Options
    If I was stockley I would think about handing in a transfer request I wouldn’t feel like playing if I was him. He has zero service from our 2 wide players. They can beat there men but can’t shot and can’t cross. So stockley spends whole game just wrestling with 2 centre backs to win a long ball up to him that even if he wins goes to the opponents because there’s no one near him. Why don’t we try innis in this position he might win more headers for what it’s worth. 
    Why didn’t we sell him to Sheffield Wednesday we new from last season he couldn’t play this system. 
  • Options
    If I was stockley I would think about handing in a transfer request I wouldn’t feel like playing if I was him. 
    I can't quite see the point of a player handing in a transfer request in September.

• Options
    I found that a very worrying sign. I've been sympathetic towards his plight, and hopefully he can turn it around, but a chance like that is made for him and he seemed to just sort of turn his nose up at it. Maybe not a conscious thing on his part, but that's what I found worrying - like he doesn't trust his body anymore.
  • Options
    Just wonder if the back injury is having an impact on him, it was a fairly serious injury and was rushed back..
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Just wonder if the back injury is having an impact on him, it was a fairly serious injury and was rushed back..
    Thought the same. 
  • Options
    I'm sure that's the line that will be eventually trotted out to explain how crap he's been
  • Options
    I'm sure that's the line that will be eventually trotted out to explain how crap he's been
    Maybe there's some truth in it though?

• Options
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's getting injections before each game. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's getting injections before each game. 
    Probably these:
    https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk/what-we-do/knowledge-and-advice/for-owners/vaccinating-your-donkeys