Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• Options
    That volley though was absolutely awful...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Was it? I think it was a cross. The plan was to head it back across goal for others to run in to finish. It came to his feet so he had to cross rather than head.
  • Options
    In hindsight he probably had time to control it and slot it in near post but easy for me to say sat in the stands. If it had worked we would all be praising the routine. However it didn't quite yesterday but thought we definitely looked much more solid and better going forward with Jayden in the team!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Was it? I think it was a cross. The plan was to head it back across goal for others to run in to finish. It came to his feet so he had to cross rather than head.
    Not sure that makes it any better to be honest.

It wasn't exactly weighted for his teammates to be able to do anything with it.
  • Options
    In hindsight he probably had time to control it and slot it in near post but easy for me to say sat in the stands. If it had worked we would all be praising the routine. However it didn't quite yesterday but thought we definitely looked much more solid and better going forward with Jayden in the team!
    Agree. 
  • Options
    Jaden seems to be calling out some attitude problems in the squad with those comments. Particularly when he says "If it is not hurting each and every player then there is something seriously wrong... If you don’t want to be a part of [the] journey then there is no use to you being here." 

Not exactly news to us, but at least it sounds like it's being addressed internally, and hopefully these players will not be renewed. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Don’t think it was a cross. I think he tried to score, as every striker would in that situation. 
    I agree the plan was a free kick to his head, but when it fell to his feet he had a golden opportunity. If it was a cross, well it was way too hard for a start. 
  • Options
    We wouldn’t have got a point yesterday if JS was not in the side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Don’t think it was a cross. I think he tried to score, as every striker would in that situation. 
    I agree the plan was a free kick to his head, but when it fell to his feet he had a golden opportunity. If it was a cross, well it was way too hard for a start. 
    I’ve watched it back, he knows Lavelle(?) is making that run to the far post and Stockley nearly got it spot on. He puts his hands up after no one gets on the end of it, if it was a miss hit shot he’d more likely have done that straight after missing it. If it was a shot then he’s got it completely wrong, but nothing in his reaction suggests that’s the case.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not sure that makes it any better to be honest.

It wasn't exactly weighted for his teammates to be able to do anything with it.
    It might explain the trajectory but the way he tried to take the leather off it I assumed he was trying to shoot. I think he should be shooting from there too. Maybe a earlier in the match, or a bit sharper/confident he takes a bit of power of it and just focuses on hitting the target. Was a big chance. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Can partly see why he's tried to take it first time as it means the Goalkeeper has zero time to try and react. Reckon if he took it down and controlled it, the Goalkeeper would have had a few seconds to try and closed the space, and would have potentially made the save.
  • Options
    He was trying to shoot. Plus Lavelle was offside so would not have counted if it had made it to him and he had scored.
  • Options
    Said he couldn't really feel his legs after 60mins and that it was a tired shot at goal. 

Out for so long and played 90 mins in his second game back. Aneke hardly able to play 90 mins but did so back to back for us (then injured). Washington clearly rushed back from his hamstring injury and out for longer. 

Mmmh, coincidence or not but our sport science department is excellent I hear. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Said he couldn't really feel his legs after 60mins and that it was a tired shot at goal. 

Out for so long and played 90 mins in his second game back. Aneke hardly able to play 90 mins but did so back to back for us (then injured). Washington clearly rushed back from his hamstring injury and out for longer. 

Mmmh, coincidence or not but our sport science department is excellent I hear. 
    Doesn't matter how good our sports science team is, if a player is adamant they can play, the manager will likely at least listen.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I’ve watched it back, he knows Lavelle(?) is making that run to the far post and Stockley nearly got it spot on. He puts his hands up after no one gets on the end of it, if it was a miss hit shot he’d more likely have done that straight after missing it. If it was a shot then he’s got it completely wrong, but nothing in his reaction suggests that’s the case.
    We were right in line with it behind the goal , and it clearly looked like a shot. He didn’t hit it as he intended, and the shot skewed off to the left. No one would try to pass by smashing his laces through the ball. I’m sure if you asked him or his teammates they’d tell you it was a shot. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    We were right in line with it behind the goal , and it clearly looked like a shot. He didn’t hit it as he intended, and the shot skewed off to the left. No one would try to pass by smashing his laces through the ball. I’m sure if you asked him or his teammates they’d tell you it was a shot. 
    Yes was mentioned above he said it was a tired shot at goal.
  • Options
    Stockley says it was a shot and that Jason E was yelling at him to side foot it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not having that, I have just watched it back on Quest and it was deffo a shot.
  • Options
    and Lavelle wasn't offside, the lino flagged for the goal kick 
  • Options
    It doesn't matter now, Jayden has admitted it was a tired shot. He got in a great position, connected well, but the accuracy was the missing part. 
  • Options
    He was doing a lot of talking & encouragement to others Saturday, I think he wants the armband back 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    In his interview he admitted it was a shot, and said he shanked it. 
  • Options
    Congratulations to both
  • Options
    That picture was definitely his hat-trick picture.