Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• Possible but we haven't been in for another forward. 
  • mendonca said:
    Possible but we haven't been in for another forward. 
    I think the reason we pushed the boat out to bring Aneke in on a perm was that we knew there was a good chance Stockley was done for this season.

• i saw him leaving the taining ground on Friday as i was walking up for the u23 game - really hope he is back soon so we can get a team together over the next few months that can hit the ground running next season 
  • Needs to be more transparency on this, once the window shuts. 

His hip seemed to have zero impact on him
    until it completely stopped him from playing or training. Hopefully he can get back before too long
  • Is the fact that we keep getting bad luck with injuries down to the fact we always beat Black Cats ?
  • masicat said:
    My son was in a jacuzzi at David Lloyd in Sidcup talking to him last week. He said he was almost ready to return , expected to be back 2/3 weeks. 
    Insert Kenneth Williams gif 
  • masicat said:
    My son was in a jacuzzi at David Lloyd in Sidcup talking to him last week. He said he was almost ready to return , expected to be back 2/3 weeks. 
    A few of the team are members there’s my mate spoke to Innis the other week. 
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2022
    masicat said:
    A few of the team are members there’s my mate spoke to Innis the other week. 
    Isn’t that where Tracey takes all the players who want to join a gym as we have some sort of deal ?
  • That's the one. Quite a boring gym!
  • Sponsored links:

• Needs to be more transparency on this, once the window shuts. 

until it completely stopped him from playing or training. Hopefully he can get back before too long
    What does this mean?
  • Chunes said:
    Needs to be more transparency on this, once the window shuts. 

What does this mean?
    Worded poorly but I mean he’s been playing for years with no symptoms of a hip problem, let alone a serious one. 

It’s suddenly come along and he’s unable to train. It’s just a bit strange that it went from 0-100 almost instantly and we still haven’t had much insight into the issue.
  • edited February 2022
    Chunes said:

What does this mean?
    Worded poorly but I mean he’s been playing for years with no symptoms of a hip problem, let alone a serious one. 

It’s suddenly come along and he’s unable to train. It’s just a bit strange that it went from 0-100 almost instantly and we still haven’t had much insight into the issue.
    I'm not really getting what's strange about it... Isn't that how injuries work... You're OK and then you're not
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

What does this mean?

I'm not really getting what's strange about it... Isn't that how injuries work... You're OK and then you're not
    Yes, but this has been flagged as something that he’s been managing for a long time. I’m saying it’s a little odd that he’s gone from no symptoms of a long term hip injury to not being able to train at all. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

What does this mean?

Yes, but this has been flagged as something that he’s been managing for a long time. I’m saying it’s a little odd that he’s gone from no symptoms of a long term hip injury to not being able to train at all. 
    don't think it's that uncommon to be honest. When I was 16 I got a knee injury, hobbled round for about 10 days and then carried on playing. About 6 months later I woke up in a load of pain, found out I'd been carrying a bad injury, had to have an op which ruled me out for about 4 months. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

What does this mean?

That's how most chronic injuries occur. They start off as a minor nuisance and progress up to something so painful you can't even utilise the injured body part for small tasks.

It's possible he has hip bursitis, unusual in men but not shockingly so. That develops over time and progressively gets worse to the point that even moving your leg unloaded can be extremely painful. I'd assume we're trying to avoid going down the surgical path, but that may be what is required. It is very, very uncommon to need surgery so would be a terrible case if we do take that option. 

There is a recently trialled surgery ongoing to remove the bursa and the recovery time isn't excessive. It was this article that made me consider if it's a bursa issue. https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-face-anxious-wait-to-see-if-jayden-stockley-responds-to-treatment-for-hip-issue/

It was previously suggested it could be a nerve issue, which would be harder to manage. 
  • p.s All assumptions based on the slithers of info. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

What does this mean?

don't think it's that uncommon to be honest. When I was 16 I got a knee injury, hobbled round for about 10 days and then carried on playing. About 6 months later I woke up in a load of pain, found out I'd been carrying a bad injury, had to have an op which ruled me out for about 4 months. 
    Yeah, I’ve had a similar situation with my shoulder. I can envisage this situation with a civilian on the NHS, I’m just surprised a football club isn’t more proactive in these scenarios.

They knew about it and seemingly left it until he broke down, which is where my surprise comes from.
  • edited February 2022
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

What does this mean?

Potentially it's something that he initially thought was fairly minor (just an ache/recurring pain but a few aspirin and off he goes) but for whatever reason someone has looked a bit deeper and said it's actually something that needs to be sorted out before it causes severe problems later on.

Or maybe it's something you can keep dealing with on a day to day basis OR there's a permanent solution, but at the cost of a period of inactivity. 

Both seem plausible enough to me. 

• Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

What does this mean?

Yeah, I’ve had a similar situation with my shoulder. I can envisage this situation with a civilian on the NHS, I’m just surprised a football club isn’t more proactive in these scenarios.

They knew about it and seemingly left it until he broke down, which is where my surprise comes from.
    Or they engaged in preventative measures and it brokedown still. Without knowing the particulars it's probably best to not assume medical professionals allowed it to breakdown by just leaving it. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

What does this mean?

Potentially it's something that he initially thought was fairly minor (just an ache/recurring pain but a few aspirin and off he goes) but for whatever reason someone has looked a bit deeper and said it's actually something that needs to be sorted out before it causes severe problems later on.

Or maybe it's something you can keep dealing with on a day to day basis OR there's a permanent solution, but at the cost of a period of inactivity. 

Both seem plausible enough to me. 

Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

What does this mean?

Or they engaged in preventative measures and it brokedown still. Without knowing the particulars it's probably best to not assume medical professionals allowed it to breakdown by just leaving it. 
    Yeah that’s very possible. Hopefully he’s back in a couple weeks and all of this is forgotten.
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

What does this mean?

Yeah, me too. My shoulder functions normally but there was a trapped tendon and tendonitis. 
    It was a niggle that suddenly escalated into pain. The pain can be unbearable, especially at night.

If Stockley has had a similar reaction but with his hip, he may have still been able to train or even play - but only in pain.
    Even if he could play, he couldn't be expected to play in pain and risk further actual damage.

• edited February 2022
    There was a reason we were seeing an aggy Stockley....managing an injury against forceful defenders usually suggests so.

Poor chap. 
  • Suspect he is out for the season.
    I heard our medical team captured him.

• Waiting for us to be safe from relegation and announce we have decided to rest him for the remaining part of the season.
  • Am I imagining it, or back in the day was Mendonca getting some hip/hamstring problems which he played through for a while and they eventually tracked down to being a back issue?

Seem to remember it being the beginning of the end for Mendonca as injuries took their toll. Hopefully the available treatments have advanced over the last 20 years,.