Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• Options
    Senpai said:
    2 slip disks are never fully 100% after, you have to learn how to manage it.
    I slipped two discs in my lower back on 2014 and still live with the daily pain now. It will never get better. You’re right in the respect of you just have to manage it. Lots of stretching, walking, no running anymore and weights instead. At least I don’t suffer with the sciatic pain much anymore which is absolutely debilitating. 
    What weights exercising are you doing ?  

I kept on with running and have found that it can help, of course road running is not recommended because of pounding impact on joints.  Walking or jogging keeps the pressure off the lower back because you are in motion distributing the weight,  its standing in one place for a period of time can create discomfort as pressure is then loaded on the lower back.  
    Same here.  Have suffered with it for a few years (epidural/nerve blocking did f all so have to just live with it) and immobility is the worst thing for me.  Losing some weight and running seem to help for the reasons you've mentioned as well as increasing the blood flow to the area and keeping it warmer through activity.
  • Options
    It's no one business other than the player and the club what the specific injury is, since when does medical confidentiality disappear to appease football supporters. 
  • Options
    Back in training. 
  • Options
    Great news!
  • Options
    Good podcast with Stockley, shame he's a United fan and someone tell him we drew with Gillingham earlier this season...
  • Options
    Thats a relief to see, given the type of injury.

Was a little worried that the "Want to finish my career at Charlton" would happen sooner than he thought.
  • Options
    Maybe answers a few of the queries on here but takes the gloss off the training photos a little
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-jackson-explains-why-he-didnt-provide-timeline-on-jayden-stockleys-injury/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure it does take the gloss off. The tweet was worded as a return to grass, not training, let alone full training. 
  • Options
    I have to say moving forward it is hard to see Stockley recovering from this. Seems a chronic injury to me. Worrying.  Would love to see how teams handle Chucks, Ryan and him at set pieces. 
  • Options
    He will - we have an amazing medical and sports science setup!
  • Options
    I have to say moving forward it is hard to see Stockley recovering from this. Seems a chronic injury to me. Worrying.  Would love to see how teams handle Chucks, Ryan and him at set pieces. 
    Probably ask them each to take a ticket and tell them the doctor will see them in turn? 
  • Options
    JFC there as well... Good to see
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very good interview, though when he talked about every player hurting, I thought he for a moment he was talking about an injury crisis!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Good lad tis Stockley:

“As players there is no-one else to blame other than ourselves for the lack of consistency. We’ve set ourselves targets and fallen short. If that is not hurting each and every player then there is something seriously wrong – because the mindset has to be to get this club back where it has come from.

“If you don’t want to be a part of that journey then there is no use to you being here. It is going to be survival of the fittest in terms of attitude – if you want to go on this journey that Charlton Athletic Football Club are inevitably going to go on at some stage, you need to have a level of consistency."

He’s always so articulate. Glad we have players in the building that are listening to JJ’s message and agree with it.

These next couple of months will most definitely be crucial in terms of shaping our team for next August and beyond.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Good lad tis Stockley:

“As players there is no-one else to blame other than ourselves for the lack of consistency. We’ve set ourselves targets and fallen short. If that is not hurting each and every player then there is something seriously wrong – because the mindset has to be to get this club back where it has come from.

“If you don’t want to be a part of that journey then there is no use to you being here. It is going to be survival of the fittest in terms of attitude – if you want to go on this journey that Charlton Athletic Football Club are inevitably going to go on at some stage, you need to have a level of consistency."

He’s always so articulate. Glad we have players in the building that are listening to JJ’s message and agree with it.

These next couple of months will most definitely be crucial in terms of shaping our team for next August and beyond.
    Makes a change from the next couple of weeks  :)
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Good lad tis Stockley:

Love it 
  • Options
    Don't think he played up to his best but he had two, sometimes three defenders on him today.

His aggression has been sorely missed
    Exactly, not at his best but he still occupied 2 or 3 of their players, unlike poor Mason who couldn't hold on to the ball.