Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    Preston fans' thoughts here:

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/index.php?threads/stockley-to-charlton-loan-confirmed.3432484/

Not overly fussed to see him go, but complimentary about his character.
    I see what you mean:

"Seems a nice guy.

Hope he doesn't come back."

What the fans of his last club thought isn’t reliable. So many factors go into whether a player does well at a club. Are they good enough? Will they settle in the area? Does the team play in a way which brings out their best? Do they like their team mates? Is their personal life/mental health in a good place?

QPR fans were upset Smyth was allowed out on loan,  Gilbey was player of the year at MK Dons. Pompey fans said Bogle was decent but injury prone. Millwall think Amos is no good, Sunderland wanted shot if Matthews, 

Sometimes a change of club revitalizes a player, sometimes they carry on like they did before, and sometimes their form collapses. All that matters to us is what he does here, and we’ll have to wait a dozen games or so to start really figuring out what that will be. 
    Well after Yesterday.....
  • DOUCHER said:
    Doesn't look a bad signing but another forward wasn't really a priority in my opinion. Wish him the best though.
    it was THE priority, trust me !!!!

Are you still sure a forward was THE priority Douch? Really?!?
    yes, 100%
  • Good interview.
  • Spoke really well. Rally impressed by his attitude 
  • A real forward.
  • I like what I've seen from him so far. He's not the quickest, but he is very physical and seems to be able to bring players into the game which is exactly what we want. 

From out current strikers I'd have him above Ronnie to start for sure. 
  • I like what I've seen from him so far. He's not the quickest, but he is very physical and seems to be able to bring players into the game which is exactly what we want. 

From out current strikers I'd have him above Ronnie to start for sure. 
    Totally agree!👍
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2021
    I have a feeling that he will have more of an impact in the next few months than Ronnie. With his hold up play, I can imagine the other strikers competing to play alongside him, with Chuks the prime option
  • edited February 2021
    I think Jayden will probably want to wait until the end of the season to see if there’s Championship interest in him but is it worth trying to get him to sign now? If it’ll fit inside the cap?
  • I think Jayden will probably want to wait until the end of the season to see if there’s Championship interest in him but is it worth trying to get him to sign now? If it’ll fit inside the cap?
    I'd rather have Jayden on a perm deal than Shinnie, I rate Shinnie but think Stockley would be a handful in Champ as well and would be harder to replace
  • I think Jayden will probably want to wait until the end of the season to see if there’s Championship interest in him but is it worth trying to get him to sign now? If it’ll fit inside the cap?
    I'd rather have Jayden on a perm deal than Shinnie, I rate Shinnie but think Stockley would be a handful in Champ as well and would be harder to replace
    For that reason I think it will be easier to sign Shinnie permanently, especially as Stockley's contract runs until 2022
  • I have a feeling that he will have more of an impact in the next few months than Ronnie. With his hold up play, I can imagine the other strikers competing to play alongside him, with Chuks the prime option
    Nothing so far has changed my mind over this
  • Sponsored links:

• Or Martin Keown.
  • edited February 2021
    Or Martin Keown.
    You wouldn’t say that to his face no matter how Large you are 😉.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Fun Fact!

Did you know that we've not won a single game Stockley has scored in.

In fact we've only got 1 point from a possible 12 when he has!

All 4 goals have come in individual games over the last 5.

The game he didn't score in was the last win we had.

To me this says he is better than what we already had (though that was fairly obvious early doors) and is grabbing the opportunity but the rest of the team are relying on him to scrape em through.
    In addition to this, Shinnie has assisted all 4 of his goals.
  • Proves they are doing their job but the defence isn't.