Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• Him, Aneke and 2 other superstars please.
  • Brilliant news. Sounds like not only does he love playing for us, he wants to put roots down here. Hopefully we’ll get Jayden done.
  • It’s a tough situation with our strikers next season. 

Out of Aneke, Stockley, Washington and Schwartz - you have to get rid of one to get another one through the door. Schwartz is the obvious candidate but even then it could be difficult to find him another club if he’s on good money here. 

Out of Aneke, Stockley, Washington and Schwartz - you have to get rid of one to get another one through the door. Schwartz is the obvious candidate but even then it could be difficult to find him another club if he’s on good money here. 
    I think those will be our forward options. Just got that feeling.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It’s a tough situation with our strikers next season. 

I agree, which is slightly disappointing. I like all four players but you live in hope for that marquee 25 a season man to take us up  
  • I'm not so sure I think Chucks will move on. I hope not but just got a feeling. If that was our 4 then tbh I would be happy. With a more creative midfield behind that attack we would walk league one. Look at the points we have wasted this year you could argue that if we didnt have that terrible run before LB left we would be in the automatic spots now. If we are in this league next year we only need a small improvement to get promoted next season imo
  • Dazzler21 said:

I think it will most likely be those 4+1.  We have to players "spare".  Even if everyone else was a like for like a striker and a winger would add so much more balance to the squad.
  • I just think Jayden fits the club in a really good way and he sees what the club is trying to achieve and buys into it. It would be a win/win if we sign him imo. The icing on the cake for me would be if we could also sign Famwoe 
  • 100% want him to stay. Think he is top quality. 

Get Aneke to sign a new contract and keep him fit and we have the best 2 strikers in the league!
  • edited May 2021
    Justin Allen has been the slightly more reliable Sun journalist

Charlton fan isn't he?
    ETA: was talking about Justin Allen, and why he might be slightly more reliable than a certain other Sun journalist we could mention here :)
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:

Charlton fan isn't he?
    Nah speaks far too posh to be a Charlton fan
  • aliwibble said:

Charlton fan isn't he?
    I caught part of his interview at the end of Charlton Live from Thursday and was surprised at how well spoken he is!
  • Dazzler21 said:

I’d take that in League One (well, not really sure about Schwartz, but the other three definitely).
  • aliwibble said:

Charlton fan isn't he?
    You’re probably thinking of Inniss?
  • Scoham said:
    aliwibble said:

Charlton fan isn't he?
    Justin Allen
  • edited May 2021
    Scoham said:
    aliwibble said:

Charlton fan isn't he?
    Justin Allen
    Patrick Collins :sweat_smile:
  • Play 2 up top

Get a winger with pace. Get a player that can deliver the ball.

Put a young pacy striker alongside him.

Give him that and he’ll score 15-20 minimum, and probably assist a load more.

If we sign him, we HAVE to play to his strengths. Do it correctly and we’d be a real force.
  • aliwibble said:

Charlton fan isn't he?
    West Upper season ticket holder. 

I don’t think Chuks contract will be renewed. Who knows what’s likely to happen with Schwartz?

I think the only one of the four likely to be here next season is Conor Washington. Hopefully we can add Stockley to that and beyond.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely we have to sign him on a perm. Not sure I’ve ever seen a player come out and say he wants to sign for us so openly. 

Think he’s quality and Adkins was so complimentary about him on the CAST call. Imagine he’ll be no.1 on the summer shopping list. 

He can definitely score 20+ for us next year if we can get players in (or improve those already here) who’ll give him the service he needs. 
  • would definitely sign him
  • Get the deal done. Not a complete all round striker, but this is League One so no reason to expect he would be. He’s a handful and good at what he does and certainly can be an useful option in a well balanced squad of strikers.

Pair him with a strong, pacey channel runner and get players on the wings and at full back who can provide regular good quality crosses and he can be a real threat.

I hope we can sign the players required to play with two up top and width. We might struggle to play two out and out wingers in a four man midfield, but perhaps we can do something like we used to do in the Premier League and play a winger and a centre mid who plays wider, like Graham Stuart used to. I think Gilbey might be able to do this. Then we need a couple of players who can get around the pitch and make tackles but also play a bit. Maybe hard to find at this level. 

I don’t think Chuks contract will be renewed. Who knows what’s likely to happen with Schwartz?

I think the only one of the four likely to be here next season is Conor Washington. Hopefully we can add Stockley to that and beyond.
    We’ll certainly try to get Chuks resigned. I wouldn’t be surprised if we managed to keep him, although I expect him to move on. 

Really hope we can retain Stockley, it’s not often you get a successful loan player trying to engineer a move themselves.
  • i like chucks a lot but u can't build a promotion team around a bloke who can only play every now and then - stockley would be the only forward i would want to keep
  • He couldn’t have done much more during his loan spell to justify a longer contract with us. Just needs to practice his penalties.  
  • I think stockley, chuks and washington is a very good trio at this level. The first two should be getting 15-20 in a season and wash can weigh in with 10 or so. He’s a horrible player for a tiring defence to play against due to his work rates and running in the channels.

It’s that 4th spot that’s up for grabs. I don’t think Schwartz has had a fair crack of the whip yet, but it seems ideal to play him with one of the big pair as a poacher. I know it hasn’t worked out yet but he’s not match fit and hasn’t been given a sniff. I’d like to see him given a chance with a full preseason under his belt. Like people have said, it’s the other positions that need replacing. I’d like to see a progressive pacy left back, left winger (not millar) and creative centre mid. Ditch gunter, Pearce, pratley and Watson. New centre back. I think then we’d be a force. 
  • edited May 2021
    Sign Stockers, renew Chuks and bring the boy Joe Pigott home & along with Washington we'll be laughing, would be by far and away the strongest strike force in this league for next season and would be strong enough to compete in the championship on the very slim chance we make it for next season.

Big fan of Jayden, has been a real gem ever since he arrived. I know we have a bit of a habbit of relying on him and hoofing it but if we put the right players around him we could be really dangerous
  • edited May 2021
    Hard to watch Stockley when he's up front on his own. He's very good with a partner, though. Tough decision for Adkins because I don't think Jaden is his kind of player at all, he likes strikers who are good to feet. But Jaden has done well for us.