Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• we'll have a good chance of signing him if we get promoted (big IF) .. slim chance of it if we don't
    Stockley hasn't done it in the Championship for Preston, I'm sure they'd be happy to move him on and I can't see that much Championship interest really
    Birmingham maybe? - These goals in the second half of the season alone will surely be making scouts consider him
  • I think Jayden is a sensible bloke. He will see the future plans and he thinks they are realistic then why on earth would he want to leave ? Given the chance I think we should sign him in an instant 
  • we'll have a good chance of signing him if we get promoted (big IF) .. slim chance of it if we don't
    Stockley hasn't done it in the Championship for Preston, I'm sure they'd be happy to move him on and I can't see that much Championship interest really
    Birmingham maybe? - These goals in the second half of the season alone will surely be making scouts consider him
    They've already got a dominant lump up front in Jutkiewicz though
  • Really enjoyed him getting another Office quote into his last interview... "different formations for different needs" or something like that.
  • he's a southern lad, Adkins loves him, I think he will stay.
    I hope so
  • Really enjoyed him getting another Office quote into his last interview... "different formations for different needs" or something like that.
    Where was this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Never trust those type of accounts, no chance Bristol Rovers who are bottom of League 1 are after Stockley
  • It would be great if we could get him signed ASAP.    I would love to see it announced the day after our season finishes, when ever that maybe. 
  • I like the bloke a lot, the big labrador thing is great, and I reckon he's got more to his game then a big lump
  • I'd love to see him sign permanently.  Of course I'd love to see us get another Kermorgant or Taylor.  Having said that with our attack minded players been so far away from him, and at times awful long balls into him, I'd say Kermorgant and Taylor wouldn't have turned shitball into almost something anywhere near as much.

Can't remember Preston NE having a champ goalscoring striker for years.  Mackie or Nugent?  Don't forget Bowyer was mightily impressed by Stockley in the champ.  I think the major issue for the squad is still how we replace Cullen.  Watson needs at least two dynamic players next to him.

If we play Gilbey and Morgan, I'd have Pratley over Watson.  But for next season the player at the base of midfield has to have more energy, or our midfield will be 40-50 yards from Stockley again.  This is the major issue for any striker but particularly Stockley, who needs two players near for knockdowns or running beyond.
  • ColinTat said:
    I'd love to see him sign permanently.  Of course I'd love to see us get another Kermorgant or Taylor.  Having said that with our attack minded players been so far away from him, and at times awful long balls into him, I'd say Kermorgant and Taylor wouldn't have turned shitball into almost something anywhere near as much.

Can't remember Preston NE having a champ goalscoring striker for years.  Mackie or Nugent?  Don't forget Bowyer was mightily impressed by Stockley in the champ.  I think the major issue for the squad is still how we replace Cullen.  Watson needs at least two dynamic players next to him.

If we play Gilbey and Morgan, I'd have Pratley over Watson.  But for next season the player at the base of midfield has to have more energy, or our midfield will be 40-50 yards from Stockley again.  This is the major issue for any striker but particularly Stockley, who needs two players near for knockdowns or running beyond.

Agreed. We absolutely need a ball winner in the Pratley / Watson position. At the moment they are literally midfield anchors, which as the name implies means they are too often dead weight. Too slow to effectively break up attacks and press opponents midfielders and too slow to really offer much off the ball movement when we need to find a pass.
  • Scoham said:
    Really enjoyed him getting another Office quote into his last interview... "different formations for different needs" or something like that.
    Where was this?
    It was when he got brought over for the post-game Scott Minto interview, asked about whether he preferred the 4-5-1 or 2 up front with Chucks. I've not seen the interview on our Twitter account or anything, but was just a sly reference that he managed to get in.
  • ColinTat said:
    I'd love to see him sign permanently.  Of course I'd love to see us get another Kermorgant or Taylor.  Having said that with our attack minded players been so far away from him, and at times awful long balls into him, I'd say Kermorgant and Taylor wouldn't have turned shitball into almost something anywhere near as much.

Watson needs to be sitting in the stand, or at best the subs bench
  • Sponsored links:

• ColinTat said:

Watson needs to be sitting in the stand, or at best the subs bench
    He certainly needs to play less.  I would love to try and work out his statbank average for when he played the previous game and when he played the previous two.

It seems to be pattern that he comes in does quite well then by the 3rd game is poor, at best. 
  • edited May 2021
    Blucher said:
    My Preston-supporting mate reckons that Preston will definitely be amenable to selling Jayden Stockley, as they're likely to stick with Ched Evans.

Although no decision has been made as to their next manager, he thinks that Frankie McAvoy, Alex Neil's first team coach/assistant manager for the last 8 years at 3 different clubs, is likely to get the nod after his period as interim manager ended today. If so, it removes the potential complication of a new incumbent wanting to have a look at the player in pre-season. 

After 14 months without gate money and ancillary income, there's not much money around and, given the player is entering into the final year of his contract, a reasonable bid which recoups a chunk of what Preston paid Exeter (£750,000) should do the trick. Wages will be an issue but a 3 year contract may well appeal to the player.

I'd certainly like us to sign Stockley. He has some weaknesses in his game - notably a lack of pace and little evidence of shooting ability (Tuesday excepted) - but he can be a real force at this level, particularly if we can properly utilise his strengths. Looking back at the 1985/86 promotion winning side, John Pearson may not have been the best footballer, but he did a very good job for the team.

You know they announced renewing Evans contract a month ago?

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2021/april/ched-evans-agrees-deal-until-2023/
  • Good lad. I do hope we sign him on a permanent contract
  • I always thought he was out of contract in the summer. I hope he stays and we can sign him on a permanent deal. 

Personally, would be a good start to the summer window if Stockley was the first signing that we make 
  • Also I note he has come out and said that prior to knowing for sure which league we will be in. If as I suspect we are still in league one then we wont find much better imo. Even if the unlikely happens and we go up then I would still love the bloke to be here permanently 
  • I've been on the fence about JS being our main man for next season, but if Nige likes him and is confident we can build high tempo football around him, then count me in. His attitude and goal return in an average setup have won me over.
  • Exactly he has a very good goal return this season. I'm sure he would be great with better service and support