Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• Playing through the lines is cheating! Gamble on the second ball from the lump up to Stockley and see if we can build a move from there ;)
  • Jayden has become a great addition to our squad, and looks like he has been with us for years with the passion shown on the pitch, just hope we can get a permanent move set up at the end of the season, he gives the impression he would be open to getting a contract here.
  • Have heard a rumour that we're taking an interest in Stockley as a replacement for Matt Smith, who is expected to be let go this summer.

• He's not sticking around then  ;)
  • Have heard a rumour that we're taking an interest in Stockley as a replacement for Matt Smith, who is expected to be let go this summer.
    No point in you signing him. He will just do an "Amos" and just be content to pick up a pay packet from you for a year whilst not putting in any performances whilst he waits for us to resign him when we are able to do so. 

He gives us some height at set pieces which we’ve been lacking . 
    Not surprised, good player

• Oh so you're already trying to move on... I read you Stockers.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would love it if we signed Stockley on a contract. He would do a job in the Championship I'm sure and has exactly the right attitude imo. I wonder what kind of fee would be needed to sign him ?
  • I hope we sign him as his quality is what we will need in other signings if we're to get out of this cesspool league! 
  • Sign him TS.
  • Stockers has wanted out of PNE since they sunk to the ignominy of signing that ex Fleetwood scumbag
    I'd move 250 miles away, to avoid ever having to share breathing space with predatory lowlife like that one, or the worthless enablers who employ him
  • Love the guy, a modern day Matt Tees
  • Class player 
  • I hope we don't sign him permanently.

It's not that I don't like Stockley himself; I just don't like having this type of player in the team.

If the ball is played out wide with someone supplying great crosses at the right height in the right zone then it's a great attribute, but at this level it doesn't happen often enough. This is due to the inability of the players further back who too easily fall into the temptation of banging it up to the big man.

If you count the percentage of times, not that the big man wins the ball but that the next player actually advances play, then it is not a successful tactic. In addition, 3rd division defences deal with this style better than they do with tricky ball to feet dribbling style players.

With regards to Stockley and Aneke, we create more danger when the ball has been played to Aneke. I spent some recent matches, when they played together, noting their success rate.

I do consider Aneke to be the best centre forward in our league so comparing Stockley to him is a bit unfair perhaps, but ultimately Aneke is better in the air and far better on the ground.

Stockley is better with crosses in the box but the quality of these is lacking, and will continue to do so.

I would sign another striker of a different type who encourages a more effective style of play.
  • Aneke won't be here next year and we need a big target man as one of 4 strikers.  Don't see us getting much better than Stockley tbh who is very capable at this level.  Probably too slow for the Championship which is why Preston are letting him leave and so we would need to be careful about the wages/package to entice him.

• I do consider Aneke to be the best centre forward in our league so comparing Stockley to him is a bit unfair perhaps, but ultimately Aneke is better in the air and far better on the ground.

Really?!

• Sponsored links:

• If Chucks were staying I think it would have been done by now. I would like to sign Stockley as his attitude is great imo and atleast he can play a few games on the trot if needed. 
  • I hope we don't sign him permanently.

It's not that I don't like Stockley himself; I just don't like having this type of player in the team.

If the ball is played out wide with someone supplying great crosses at the right height in the right zone then it's a great attribute, but at this level it doesn't happen often enough. This is due to the inability of the players further back who too easily fall into the temptation of banging it up to the big man.

If you count the percentage of times, not that the big man wins the ball but that the next player actually advances play, then it is not a successful tactic. In addition, 3rd division defences deal with this style better than they do with tricky ball to feet dribbling style players.

With regards to Stockley and Aneke, we create more danger when the ball has been played to Aneke. I spent some recent matches, when they played together, noting their success rate.

I do consider Aneke to be the best centre forward in our league so comparing Stockley to him is a bit unfair perhaps, but ultimately Aneke is better in the air and far better on the ground.

Stockley is better with crosses in the box but the quality of these is lacking, and will continue to do so.

I would sign another striker of a different type who encourages a more effective style of play.
    Know what you mean, I hope we’re looking at all options. Taylor was great at holding up the ball and was mobile rather than being an out and out target man. That led to us playing better football.

We used the long ball up to Yann in the title winning season but he was also a very good footballer, he had that extra bit of quality that made him more than a target man.
  • we'll have a good chance of signing him if we get promoted (big IF) .. slim chance of it if we don't
  • aliwibble said:
    Absolutely piddling myself laughing at Conor Washington calling Stockley "the big Labrador" :
    He's got some strange nicknames for his team mates, what with calling Ryan the "Yetti"
  • we'll have a good chance of signing him if we get promoted (big IF) .. slim chance of it if we don't
    Stockley hasn't done it in the Championship for Preston, I'm sure they'd be happy to move him on and I can't see that much Championship interest really