Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    And breathe…

Great news he’s here on a long-term deal. Get a couple of quality wingers (Mendes-Gomes?) and he’ll terrorise defences. 

If it’s £450k then that must be the most money we’ve spent on one player for a long time? 
    DJ must of been close to that if not more. 
    Completely forgot about him, yeah you’re right.
    £325k wasn't it
    I’m not sure, I remember us triggering a release clause but I’m not sure the amount has been made public. 

Nice to be spending money again.
  • Pleased with that. Welcome Jayden.
  • Happy with Jayden signing. Sure there will be plenty of goals to come from him.
  • Universally liked. Will score 18+ if he stays injury free. Perfect signing.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

some oddballs on twitter
  • cabbles said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Alex Gilbey seems like exactly the sort of character we fans love having around at Charlton?
    Jury is still massively out for me.  good to see he's engaged with Stockley signing, but I thought he was very average on the pitch last season.  He needs a consistent run of decent performances to convince me he's anywhere near capable of a promotion midfield set up.
    I'm with you when he played isolated but when he got the correct support, he was much more effective.

Here's hoping that support continues into the new season. 
  • MattF said:
    Almost all of those goals are really good headers as well, the volley was quality as well, surprised he didn't try to 'bonce' that one too. 

Glad we've signed him, very nice first bit of business.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    MattF said:
    Mmmm  very iffy GIF ...whatever he is doing...he seems very excited  B)
  • Another signing today?.
  • Good signing for League One, pleased with that.
  • Could be the most we've spent since Ajose?
    That name has no place in a Stockley thread

#turd
  • edited June 2021
    Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

some oddballs on twitter
    It's called a joke 

• Decent pro and very encouraging that he wants to be one of Adkin's born again happy campers but worry his ability in the air makes us play hoofball.

• cabbles said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Alex Gilbey seems like exactly the sort of character we fans love having around at Charlton?
    Jury is still massively out for me.  good to see he's engaged with Stockley signing, but I thought he was very average on the pitch last season.  He needs a consistent run of decent performances to convince me he's anywhere near capable of a promotion midfield set up.
    I'm with you when he played isolated but when he got the correct support, he was much more effective.

Here's hoping that support continues into the new season. 
    @cabbles was talking about Gilbey
  • Sponsored links:

• Superb news, very happy 
  • shine166 said:
    Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

some oddballs on twitter
    It's called a joke 
    it ain't funny. Is it u :smiley:
  • I'm pleased.
  • excellent signing, will score goals for sure with the right service, nice three year contract too.
  • Too zhort
  • Brilliant news. I'm sure Adkins will continue to get the most out of him. Think Stockley then think Lambert. Just got to find a Lallana, Schneirdelin and an Oxlaide-Chamberlain!
  • MattF said:
    Almost all of those goals are really good headers as well, the volley was quality as well, surprised he didn't try to 'bonce' that one too. 

Glad we've signed him, very nice first bit of business.
    Some excellent headers there and some very fine deliveries too tbf. Really pleased with this signing. COYA 
  • Hmmm. I'm glad we've signed someone, especially someone who was effective for us last season, and wants to be here, BUT, I didn't enjoy the style of football we employed at times last season, endlessly punting it up to Jayden as no-one supported him, and therefore I hope with him signing that's it for the more direct way of playing signings, and we sign a few players who can play to Stockley's strengths, but also sign a few players who can play a very different style of football.