Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• clive said:
    Definitely looks like they will only be interested in players who show a positive attitude that aligns to Nigel and Thomas. Great signs that there will be a fantastic team spirit next season 👍
  • I was joking ffs.

TS didn’t get where he is today by being a wastrel.

Very happy with Stockley and very happy we are operating within a sensible budget.
  • Would be good to open the rumours thread back up to talk about the comments towards the end of that article...

Gallen also had a message for the Addicks faithful after completing the first acquisition of the transfer window.

The 47-year-old said: “Obviously we have been, for quite a few weeks, in discussions with a lot of players, their representatives and clubs so certainly the message to the fans is that we’re working hard behind the scenes. We’re trying to get the right players, of course at the right price because there’s a strict budget that we’re following, and I do believe it will start falling into place now in the next week or two leading into the start of pre-season here at the training ground.

“We want to get the best players in here and be at the top of the division. That’s what everybody wants - the fans want that, I want that, the manager wants that and the chairman wants that so we’re trying. We’re in the market for all the better players we can get, but there’s also competition and so, like I said, hopefully now in the next week or two it will fall into place. There will be a few more and then I can see a few more potentially during pre-season. And then as always, right at the end of the transfer window there will be one or two deals I think to be had then as well.”

Interesting use of the term strict. 
  • Happy days. Welcome back stockers.
  • edited June 2021
    Just seen this news. Absolutely delighted to see this business get done. Stockley is the quality needed to be top end of League One.

Potentially the most important brick in the red and white wall. 'The Foundation Stone'. I now believe that others will be built around this key one as other players will see this as a sign of a club going places. 
  • Can we reopen rumours page want to talk about Stalins Russia
    And I want to know why we haven't signed anyone for a few hours now

Teams are leaving us behind 
    Brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Open the rumours thread again so we can see the meltdown over the latest Cawley article saying we’re operating to a “strict budget” 
  • The bloke must be a marketing managers dream ! He literally says all the right things and more importantly I believe it when he says it. Its interesting that the players follow ST sales. This puts down a marker for other players that might be thinking over their options about whether to sign for us or not. I firmly believe that if you are a player with ambition there is only 1 club in league one you should be trying to sign for. But then I'm biased lol. Welcome back Jayden I sincerely hope you fulfill your ambitions with us 
  • Utter bellends. Hopefully we sign their goalkeeper just to compound their misery. 
    See what you did there... bravo!
  • Thank heavens for that. 
    Great news. 
  • Open the rumours thread again so we can see the meltdown over the latest Cawley article saying we’re operating to a “strict budget” 
    Every club works to a tight budget from Man City to Stevenage …. Does not mean bad news guys before the panic sets in 
    Every club works to a tight budget from Man City to Stevenage …. Does not mean bad news guys before the panic sets in 
    Thanks Colin 
  • very very pleased, all we need now is for Carl Leaburn to teach into hold the ball and pass and then we will have a top striker, not that he isn't that bad now
    I know this man I was planning on watching the meltdown not being part of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very happy with that. Showed last season that he's good with his head & we also needed a battling centre forward that can last 90 mins. Also good that he is 27 so in his prime & not a has-been or just here for a final pay day. 

Not often have we seen a loan striker scored a good number of goals over a short period. Last one was probably David White. Since then I shudder at some of the dross we brought in at the end of the January transfer window who then either got injured or didnt live up to the hype. 

First of many according to Gallen & hopefully over the next month or so we will see another 4 or 5 added to the ranks.

• Very happy with that. Showed last season that he's good with his head & we also needed a battling centre forward that can last 90 mins. Also good that he is 27 so in his prime & not a has-been or just here for a final pay day. 

Not often have we seen a loan striker scored a good number of goals over a short period. Last one was probably David White. Since then I shudder at some of the dross we brought in at the end of the January transfer window who then either got injured or didnt live up to the hype. 

First of many according to Gallen & hopefully over the next month or so we will see another 4 or 5 added to the ranks.

If it’s 4 or 5 we’re bang in trouble
    The Goskomizdat have shut it down :)

If it’s 4 or 5 we’re bang in trouble
    Assuming the "famous five" all sign it probably will only before 4 or 5 until the season starts, then 2 or 3 loans and a last minute deadline day signing. 
  • To be honest, I think at this level you don't want to see too much passing for the sake of it. A bit of directness can get you results if you have the right players to be direct to and if you can mix it up so you are not too predictable. You also want a bit of bite in midfield as well as a bit of vision. 
  • Pleased we have managed to get one player born in Poole Dorset. Ben White next please Stevie G !

Really pleased that Jayden wanted to come back and we must be paying good League 1 wages. Many teams have big number 9 especially in the lower divisions but it doesn't mean it's mandatory to go high and long every time.

Peter Risdale had something to do with the fee being about 400k as he advises the Preston owner.
  • Pleased we have managed to get one player born in Poole Dorset. Ben White next please Stevie G !

Really pleased that Jayden wanted to come back and we must be paying good League 1 wages. Many teams have big number 9 especially in the lower divisions but it doesn't mean it's mandatory to go high and long every time.

Peter Risdale had something to do with the fee being about 400k as he advises the Preston owner.
    The man that has never found a problem spending someone else's money won't solve. 
  • It's quite uncanny how we only sign players when I'm busy, you can thank me for us signing Stockley
  • It's quite uncanny how we only sign players when I'm busy, you can thank me for us signing Stockley
    Are you busy tomorrow?  If not can you be?