Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Pleased to hear Steve Gallen say Charlton are working to a strict budget. Let's hope the club's we do business with hear those words ! 
    After Thomas Sandgaard's words about blowing League 1 out of the water, so many agents will have upped the wage demands of their clients and clubs will rise the price of players still under contract, similar to Preston who suddenly wanted More for Stockley when they realized Pompey, as well as other clubs were interested in Jayden.
    We need to accept certain players won't come down to League 1 but we are in a good position to bring better players in than have left.

Enjoy this Journey as we have had so many disappointments in the past.
  • Just listened to the SG interview and the 'strict budget' seemed very much to be a message to agents and representatives.
    Yep. Thinly veiled message to agents saying you know exactly how much your player is worth and make no mistake so do we. 
    It amazes me just how many people need this explaining to them. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Peterborough went up with 3 players that hit double figure league goals last season, we only had 1 player who hit double figure league goals out of the top 20 scorers (Chuks).

Hull also had 3 players that hit double figure league goals.

Blackpool had 1 player who hit double figure league goals.

Of what we’ve seen of him, I would expect Stockley to hit double figure league goals for us next season, if he can keep himself fit and injury free.

2 more double figures goalscorers please, whether it’s Chuks or someone else.

More meaningless stats, Sunderland lost the fewest amount of games (9) and still didn’t get promoted.

We we’re 15 points off of top spot, and our goal difference was 28 goals worse than Hull who were top, I still think we need a big overhaul, if we want to go where we want to go, can Gilbey and Ronnie  suddenly turn into double figure goal scorers, if they can then great, but if they don’t, and we don’t bring in players that can this window, it will cost us promotion.
    I don't think it's beyond the realms of fantasy to say that if we played last season again with the squad we finished with we would probably have scored 10-15 more goals and conceded 10-15 less.

We won't have either Pratley or Oshilaja playing at center back.  We won't have the one tactic of how long until we can bring Chuks on.  We won't have the off the field issues, what ever they were.  We won't have Marcus Maddison.  We won't start the season a month after everyone else.  Those things alone would probably make up 15 plus points.

Unless we either sign no one else, or players of the same effectiveness of the 5 released, Smyth, Bogle and Levitt.  20 more goals scored, 20 less goals conceded and 20 more points shouldn't be a problem. 
    Where do I sign? 😆 
  • A song for JS to the tune of Sweet Caroline

ill get me coat 

Jayden Stockley
    Scores again
    His goals always seem so good 
    so good, so good, so good 

• Back once again for the headed goal master
    Defence damager, power to the people
    back once again for the headed goal master

not sure on the bold bit
  • Really pleased that Jayden has signed and can not wait to actually see him play by attending rather than watching matches remotely. Great interview and looking forward to the season. I am confident that the club is heading the right way at last under TS ownership. Thank you Thomas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Excited to get on with this second season as owner. We’re focused on recruiting for our promotion efforts. First signing already on the books. Looking forward to having #CharltonFans back at the Valley. #cafc
  • The Football League are still enforcing FFP so the budget has to be strict. As stated in the Steve Gallen interview he has to avoid fines or points deductions.

The club has to live within its income.
  • edited June 2021
    Crusty54 said:
    The Football League are still enforcing FFP so the budget has to be strict. As stated in the Steve Gallen interview he has to avoid fines or points deductions.

League 1 FFP includes equity investment from owners as income. 

If the club had to live within its income we wouldn't have any players at all.  We lose money if we pay them zero.

FFP is not an issue if Thomas wants to spend.  Him wanting to spend and how much is a different conversation. 
  • DA9 said:
    A song for JS to the tune of Sweet Caroline

ill get me coat 

Jayden Stockley
    Scores again
    His goals always seem so good 
    so good, so good, so good 

There's already a thread about the best songwriters on CL, you might want to give it a go on there ?  :D
  • ross1 said:

Imagine how hard it would be if we didnt want him & he didnt want to come here....😄
  • JS could become the next Charlton hero; I’d bet he’s got a 20 plus goal target; helps get us promoted, then performs well as we establish ourselves in the Championship!
  • The next Yann.

• Sponsored links:

• ICrusty54 said:
    The Football League are still enforcing FFP so the budget has to be strict. As stated in the Steve Gallen interview he has to avoid fines or points deductions.

Which makes it even more important to get a season ticket if u want a good team recruited for next year !!!!
  • J BLOCK said:
    The next Yann.

Nah
  • J BLOCK said:
    The next Yann.

I hope so, but his skill with the ball at feet so far suggests otherwise.
  • Rothko said:
    Yann was Yann, a very special footballer who we were lucky to have, but Stockley has the potential to be a fan’s favourite, but no one will be another Yann, the beautiful French son of a gun 
    Agree 100%
  • The next Rickie Lambert
  • The next Rickie Lambert
    Or the next Grant Holt will do just as fine for me