Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jayden Stockley (Ed. Page 12- 15/6 - SIGNED on permanent deal)

Comments

• mendonca said:
    I feel weird by all this as Jayden seems to be really keen and eager on Charlton! 
    Yeah no footballer would pretend right?
  • Really pleased we managed to get Jayden back. Sign of things to come hopefully 
  • Good signing, only another 9 or 10 to go :-) 
  • clive said:
    “We’re in the market for all the better players we can get, but there’s also competition and so, like I said, hopefully now in the next week or two it will fall into place. There will be a few more and then I can see a few more potentially during pre-season. And then as always, right at the end of the transfer window there will be one or two deals I think to be had then as well.”

I read that as 8 or 9 potential acquisitions. 
  • Excellent news, seems the right type of person as well as a proven player at this club and level.

"Now you've signed one, now sign more,
    We'll sing you assembly
    When we get to Wembley,
    So sign, Charlton, sign"
  • Would be good to open the rumours thread back up to talk about the comments towards the end of that article...

Gallen also had a message for the Addicks faithful after completing the first acquisition of the transfer window.

The 47-year-old said: “Obviously we have been, for quite a few weeks, in discussions with a lot of players, their representatives and clubs so certainly the message to the fans is that we’re working hard behind the scenes. We’re trying to get the right players, of course at the right price because there’s a strict budget that we’re following, and I do believe it will start falling into place now in the next week or two leading into the start of pre-season here at the training ground.

“We want to get the best players in here and be at the top of the division. That’s what everybody wants - the fans want that, I want that, the manager wants that and the chairman wants that so we’re trying. We’re in the market for all the better players we can get, but there’s also competition and so, like I said, hopefully now in the next week or two it will fall into place. There will be a few more and then I can see a few more potentially during pre-season. And then as always, right at the end of the transfer window there will be one or two deals I think to be had then as well.

I find the "we're trying to get the right players at the right price because there's a strict budget that we're following" section pretty interesting, Tommy lad obviously hasn't opened the purse strings completely and said have it - which tbh I am quite happy about. It'd be nice to rise through the leagues responsibly and without throwing crazy money around, which isn't sustainable for even someone of TS's financial stature
  • Sponsored links:

• Better players around Jayden will make him even better than we have seen and I have been impressed so far. The days of 3 year deals are back which is great to see. Commitment both ways.

I can’t wait to see him live 👏🏻
  • Good signing and glad he's back.

Being a big lump and headmaster doesn't mean we'll be playing hoofball all season, a decent preseason with Adkins should see us use him more/better/ different. BUT we also have the perfect player to smash a ball up too when chasing a game, this is still League one after all! 
  • yes, it could be seen as a worry re 'strict budget' and a 'few' more but i'm pretty sure that we will get what we need to go for top 2 and Gallen has got one eye on what other clubs and agents are reading into his comments - i'm hanging on to TS's statement re 'blowing it out the division' 
  • Rothko said:
    Macronate said:
    clive said:
    Encouraging words from SG although reference to a ‘strict budget’ is very concerning.

I thought it would be spend, spend, spend all the way to the top of the Premier League.
    Then you haven't listened to anything TS has said in the past 10 months
    No people heard "blow this league out the water" and "Premiership in 5 years" and ignored the rest and the evidence. 
  • I've never thought we would spend spend spend with TS, always thought it would be buy the right players with the attitude at the right price
  • Sponsored links:

• He could hardly say: 'it's just a drop in the ocean for us, we'll pay whatever it takes', could he?! 

The only slight concern is that we have to accept we won't have the full team for pre-season, which is annoying if not unexpected. I know Nige was keen to have as much as possible sorted by then, realistically he'll have the old 'will take time to gel' constraints. 
  • Gallen's hardly likely to go on the record and tell all other clubs and agents that TS has told Gallen there;s no limit on spending is he?

Any well run club needs a budget and budgets aren't meant to be followed as close as possible, otherwise they are pointless. The budget may be strict, but that doesn't mean it is small.

As for the comments of the timing of signings, isn't he just saying, we'll sign some before preseason, some during preseason, and maybe one or two after the season starts? Well... you can file that comment under "No shit?!?"
  • Excellent news, seems the right type of person as well as a proven player at this club and level.

"Now you've signed one, now sign more,
    We'll sing you assembly
    When we get to Wembley,
    So sign, Charlton, sign"

Always thought the words for the 2nd line of that song were ' We'll sing you a melody'

• Macronate said:
    clive said:
    Encouraging words from SG although reference to a ‘strict budget’ is very concerning.

I thought it would be spend, spend, spend all the way to the top of the Premier League.
    I take it completely the opposite way. If anything is being built professionally then it requires a strict budget. Shef Weds and Derby tried the spend spend spend all the way to the Premier League route. That didnt work out well for either of them
  • Has legend written all over him. COYRS!
  • ross1 said:
    Is he the poshest sounding player we've had?
  • I’m confident that for the right player, Sandgaard will make money available. 
    Exactly 
    Just like he has done today.
    Be patient people