Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tue 26 Jan 2021 | 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Bodes well for Pratley to play his usual game tomorrow considering this referee managed to miss Dael Fry getting kicked in the face for Boro yesterday (not suggesting Pratley kicks people in the face)
  • Options
    I see we have a championship referee again. 2 games in a row now and not what I would call big games that require a higher referee. Have to say I thiught Linington was very good at the weekend considering our last experiences with him!!

I expect another against Portsmouth at the weekend. 

Would like to see Schwartz and Stockley start together. Fancy a 2-1 win 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    MattF said:
    Bodes well for Pratley to play his usual game tomorrow considering this referee managed to miss Dael Fry getting kicked in the face for Boro yesterday (not suggesting Pratley kicks people in the face)
    It can go the other way of course. A ref nowadays will know they have made an error and might be less likely to make the same one again.

To be fair to Pratley though, he is competitive but not a kick a player in the face merchant. 
  • Options
    Maatsen has been worked hard of late. But guess what, he was always going to be rested once he got injured! Why not rest him v Swindon so he had a breather. Bows coming out with some grade a. 
  • Options
    Yeah resting him against Swindon would have made more sense. Bow has suggested he is not really injured but was running on empty. 
  • Options
    Yes I am a big fan of Maatsen. Our stand out player at the start of the season but the truth is his performances have gradually deteriorated since he joined us. I am sure his parent club will have noticed that too.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    It's his first loan in a competitive league and he's played every minute, it must be a lot to take in. He looked like he was plateauing a bit, some time out might let him process what he's actually been experiencing and hopefully he'll come back fresher and stronger. 
  • Options
    As long as we are not playing against a player with good pace, I have no problem with Purrington playing there. He can chip in with the odd goal too.
  • Options
    Any word on Maddison? Is he back for this game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Chunes said:
    It's his first loan in a competitive league and he's played every minute, it must be a lot to take in. He looked like he was plateauing a bit, some time out might let him process what he's actually been experiencing and hopefully he'll come back fresher and stronger. 
    This ^^^ plus the terms of the loan may be that if he’s ‘fit’ he has to play and the medical team will no doubt have advised Bowyer had he not been. After all they carefully monitor Chuks, Williams &Co.

It’s easy to point a finger at the management for overplaying him but we are not in possession of the full facts. Also he was clearly preferred to Purrington whether looking a bit jaded or not.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    He’s training. Whether doing enough to be involved is another matter. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    mendonca said:
    He’s training. Whether doing enough to be involved is another matter. 
    Thanks 👍🏾. 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    We’ll go 2-0 up and end up losing 8-2.
    Damn.  I had that!
  • Options
    I think we will have learnt from the last time we played them and this time get a 3-1 victory. Although I keep say exactly that so suppose eventually I will get it right 😁😁
  • Options
    We need a result AND we need a performance. No excuses if we can't find a way of countering MKD this time

Russell Martin won't be in the dugout incidentally, a one match touchline ban!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55736370
  • Options
    Looking forward to this. Really fancy us to grab a few goals. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can only see this going 1 of 2 ways. They spank us or we spank them. Unfortunately I can only see the former happening. 
  • Options
    The XG pre empted our eventual wankness last season , that was there for all to see with the luck running our way with the early good results when the performances weren’t as good as results suggested .
    Well the last few games has seen the opposite , where performances have been decent but the results haven’t reflected that (of course we were utter turd for the previous 10 games ) so I’m going with the results are now gonna reflect the XG vibe and we’re gonna win 1-2 or 1-3 to the rip roaring goal scoring Addicks .

btw wtf is XG 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    I can only see this going 1 of 2 ways. They spank us or we spank them. Unfortunately I can only see the former happening. 
    If we get thrashed Bowyer is in very hot water.

I’m confident we’ll win. The draw with Swindon, on paper, was a bad result but the reality of the performance was different. I do think Bowyer is learning his best team and that constantly chopping and changing is not the answer. So I’m hoping for a fairly settled team along the lines of Saturday’s starting line up but with Albie in for Williams and Purrington for Maatsen. 

1-2.
  • Options

btw wtf is XG 🤷‍♂️
    Indeed, oohahh, wtf is xG?

My analylical tool of choice is your OohAhhOmeter - your match by match percentage prediction for our season end position.
    For me at least, it is the first thing I want to see in a post match thread.
    The fact that you make us wait a good few hours - or days sometimes -after each match, before you post this crucial data, has convinced me that you have a main frame type computer chugging away processing those essential percentages...
    I like to have a good read of the whole after match thread before posting my considered thoughts .
    I only read whilst on the khazi 
    luckily I spend a lot of the time excreting from my bottom , mouth and fingers once the main frame has processed all the data 🥴
  • Options
    Head says a defeat, heart says a defeat so I am clinging on and hoping for a point.
  • Options
    agree with oohahh, xG is going to correct itself at some point. It's just stats. 3-1 win for Charlton. If we keep playing how we have been playing that is.
  • Options
    i would like to see Gilbey start against his last club
  • Options
    Also think he will match them if they play 532
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Redhenry said:
    i would like to see Gilbey start against his last club
    Yeah you’d hope if he put in a good display he could kick on from it. I rate Gilbey so I’ve been disappointed so far but think when we settle the defence players like him will start to shine.