Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tue 26 Jan 2021 | 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Think Bow's deserves our sympathy, choosing the best balance for the team.
    The combinations are endless.

Doubt Williams will start, midfield would be stronger physically & creatively imo with JFC holding  & Morgan/Shinnie CM's with Millar roaming
    either on wing or behind striker (s).

Downside of above is lacking Pratley to help out defence  at dead ball situations. I like Pratters in the team but feel his form dipped recently.

Too many questions, my head hurts.
    Answer at 6pm.
                                     COYR !
  • Options
    If LB doesn't start with a midfield four of Shinnie, Morgan, JFC and Millar I will be seriously disappointed. 
  • Options
    If LB doesn't start with a midfield four of Shinnie, Morgan, JFC and Millar I will be seriously disappointed. 
    Agree 100% with this. I really dont want JW to start, we all know nothing happens when he does
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Not my choice, but think this could be line up
     Like this line up tool 
  • Options
    Don't know how well we are scouting the opposition, but i thought MK played us off the park at the Valley, we couldn't live with them.

They move the ball well , and it was a bit of a wake up call , we need to wake up or we'll get battered again.
  • Options
    Reminder of the team and formation when we last played Milton Keynes

Worth remembering it was Shinnie's last game before the Peterborough one last week, felt losing him made the second half even worse that night

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Redhenry said:

Not my choice, but think this could be line up
     Like this line up tool 
    I really hope I’m wrong but I think Watson will have to have much better mobility than I’ve seen from him to date for this to work.
    I’m also hearing about us matching up but I do wish we’d try to play our best formation and let the opposition worry about us. Seeing Pearce, Pratley and Watson in the same line up makes me think we will get danced around with mistakes and red cards on the agenda.
    I think Bows is looking for a Cullen type and without one I think we’ll struggle to make the top 6. 
    Let’s hope we can do it whichever team turns out!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Calling on the Karl Robinson 4-2-3-1 for this one. 2-2.

Subs: Amos, Gunter, Pratley, Williams, Gilbey, Stockley, Washington.
  • Options

Worth remembering it was Shinnie's last game before the Peterborough one last week, felt losing him made the second half even worse that night

A weird coincidence that the only matches Maatsen will have missed since joining us will both be against MKD
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    If we’re doing line up tools and the plan is to match up their three in the middle... this is about what I would expect tonight’s line up to be.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    By their own admission the pitch will be crap but we always cope ok on those, right?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Like this as well,
  • Options
    Given recent performances, a draw will be a good result. 

I have given up trying to predict the starting eleven and just wait for the Twitter announcement.

Last midweek game for a while, and the teams around us will be playing their games in hand over the next few weeks. The table should have a more even look (Covid allowing) for games played by end of February and we will have a better idea of our true position 

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I think a factor is that the pitch is in a poor condition. If what I heard was correct.
  • Options

I’m a fan of Washington, but tonight our front three (from Millar, Schwartz, Stockley or Aneke) will be an improvement on the front three in previous MK game. 
  • Options
    They will score at least twice.

Chuks will score at least once (if he plays) .

Everyone else will run about a bit to little effect. 

1-2

PS Gilbey is skillful but so slow it's painful to watch. 
  • Options
    So are Shinnie and Watson for that matter. We urgently need some pace and power in the middle. 
  • Options
    So are Shinnie and Watson for that matter. We urgently need some pace and power in the middle. 
    I think if we get that pace and power in even one player the rest of them should be able to play to their strengths and we’ll be ok. Of course we need the defence to get sorted too.
  • Options
    Would rather have Pratley at CB than Pearce at the moment

Can Watson play?
  • Options
    Quite looking forward to this, perversely
    But I did for Accrington and Rochdale too. 
    It’s like the bloke who keeps going back to the girlfriend who treats him badly. 
    Never learn. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Away from the baying Valley crowd - an easy 2-0 win
  • Options
    They will score at least twice.

Chuks will score at least once (if he plays) .

Everyone else will run about a bit to little effect. 

1-2

PS Gilbey is skillful but so slow it's painful to watch. 
    A sadly accurate and succinct account of our play over the last three months 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Why on earth would you throw in a rookie goalkeeper for this one?
    Think I'd go with Pratley over Watson, more mobile
    Otherwise, all good ;)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Why on earth would you throw in a rookie goalkeeper for this one?
    Think I'd go with Pratley over Watson, more mobile
    Otherwise, all good ;)
    Because over the past few games, other than some Hollywood saves, Amos has been conceding every shot on target. 
  • Options
    Would rather have Pratley at CB than Pearce at the moment

Can Watson play?
    I believe Watson can play. 

Unfortunately not very well.
  • Options
    I am optimistic. 

This is a bad sign. 
  • Options
    I too think we are due a win, surely? And a clean sheet surely? 1-0 to the Addicks, Gilbey to score.
  • Options
    I've a meeting so won't be watching it which means only one thing. An absolute humdinger and we'll like win and score five or six!
  • Options
    Please can the footballing god's let us score first. We all know what follows when the opponent scores first and a 2-0 or 3-0 is so due and needed to settle my nerves and grumpyness.