Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tue 26 Jan 2021 | 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    They outplayed us at The Valley earlier in the season. If that happens again tonight, it could well be the end of Bowyer's reign 
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Not my choice, but think this could be line up
  • Options
    Not feeling too hopeful tonight if i'm honest, be happy with a draw, think things will start clicking much better for us in the next few weeks and we'll start putting a really good run together, but don't think we're ready for that just yet - This is what I think Bowyer's team will be:

Amos
    Matthews | Gunter | Osh | Purrington
    Pratley
    JFC | Millar
    Shinnie
    Stockley | Shwartz

I'd be happy personally with a midfield of JFC, Morgan, Millar and Shinnie, but think it will be rare for Bowyer not to play one of Pratley/Watson in midfield unless he has neither available
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Not my choice, but think this could be line up

We'll concede three by half time if thats the case
  • Options
    Don't mind that line up but harsh on Millar and Aneke but obviously Aneke will come on is Millar carrying a knock
  • Options
    Don't mind that line up but harsh on Millar and Aneke but obviously Aneke will come on is Millar carrying a knock
    Like Millar but don't see where he fits, if we play 532

• Options
    Amos
    Matthews Gunter Oshilaja Purrington
    Pratley
    Morgan JFC
    Millar
    Aneke Schwartz

Wanted to leave Pratley out for Shinnie and play JFC at the base but it's probably not worth starting Shinnie this soon into his return.

Hoping with an inform JFC and Morgan we can actually get our foot on the ball and string more than 3 passes together. It would be nice to see us get within 5 yards of an MK player tonight after the horror show in December.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I know it’s a huge amount of games to look at, but the fixtures between now and the beginning of April are very favourable on paper.

The only club we are playing that is currently above us in the table are Portsmouth. 9 of the next 14 are in London, 8 of them at home with the other away to Wimbledon.

If we are to get promoted this season, we need a very strong points return from the next 14 fixtures. 
    Ah, but that's not the Charlton way @Sage ...... :smile:

You know well enough what will happen: we'll muddle our way through, making heavy work of collecting points against the mundane and the dross.
    Then we'll go on an amazing final run-in, winning all the 6-pointers against our promotion rivals to nick a last-gasp place in the play offs.

You read it here first! ha ha

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Also think he will match them if they play 532
    It's what I would do, Curbs too :smile: ....... but I'd be surprised if we didn't at least start by matching them in midfield.

They mullered us in midfield last time because they had the extra man and the gameplan to exploit it.

• Options
    Macronate said:
    We’ll go 2-0 up and end up losing 8-2.
    2-0 up? Really? Are we allowed to do that?
  • Options
    We haven't got a good record against MK Dons of late so I'm not optimistic.
    The good news is where Charlton are concerned I'm usually wrong this season.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Macronate said:
    We’ll go 2-0 up and end up losing 8-2.
    2-0 up? Really? Are we allowed to do that?
    Sure, we did it this season at home to Fleetwood ........ before conceding 2 goals in a minute.

So, well doable.  :smile:

• Options
    0-1 Stockley.

Desperately need to see an improvement in defence, someone needs to step up and take control. Pearce and Pratley spring to mind. 

• Options
    I suppose the game revolves around one thing and that is our ability to stop conceding soft goals. Actually soft probably doesn't go far enough to describe them. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
                          Amos
    Gunter Oshilaja Pearce Purrington
                         Pratley
                    Morgan JFC
                          Millar
           Washington Stockley

AMB, Matthews, Gilbey, Williams, Shinnie, Schwartz, Aneke

Diamond, with Pratley dropping back into the defence to make a 3 when under a lot of pressure and Millar drifting wide throughout. Reckon that's a fair defence/ attack balance.

2-2

• Options
                          Amos
    Gunter Oshilaja Pearce Maatsen
                         Pratley
                    Morgan JFC
                          Millar
           Washington Stockley

Diamond, with Pratley dropping back into the defence to make a 3 when under a lot of pressure and Millar drifting wide throughout. Reckon that's a fair defence/ attack balance.

2-2

Wouldnt be surprised to see Pearce return what with MK having Cameron Jerome up top - Bowyer mentioned that he played against Peterborough because of Clarke-Harris and suspect Jerome will be even more physical for Gunter / Oshilaja to deal with
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 - 0 
  • Options
    Currently we score and we concede. I wouldn't be surprised at another 2-2. Having said that, we have to stop conceding the sort of goals we are. We can't be that bad defensively.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
                          Amos
    Gunter Oshilaja Pearce Maatsen
                         Pratley
                    Morgan JFC
                          Millar
           Washington Stockley

2-2

Maatsen won't be playing according to Bowyer injured or not, he told Purrington on Friday to ready himself for tonight.
  • Options
    We might finally be able to unleash Aneke in one of two positions now:

- Up top where he is showing he can do the bizz with goals/aerial power
    - Slightly deeper where opposition struggle to handle him

• Options
    Mk dons to win, BTTS.

• Options
    I am slightly surprised by the number of people not starting Aneke in their starting line ups today. He has looked so dangerous recently and is scoring nearly every time he starts (Whilst still missing good chances too)

The key to tonight is simple. First goal. We must stop conceding it. Score first, I think we win. Concede first (again) and we could be set for a tricky night ahead.

Just need to take our second half form into the first half!!
  • Options
    Recently we have simply looked bereft of confidence in defence. whenever they attacked us we panic. We don't have the relationships or partnerships at that end of the pitch to make us solid. We need to stick with a settled back 4 as much as is possible to try and develop an understanding between players. We will score but I am not confident we can keep a clean sheet so I am going 1-1.

Williams was our brightest spark first half on saturday and he was harshly brought off. I think he looks better down the middle than Millar (who is better out wide).

Amos
    Gunter Deji Pearce Purrington
    Watson
    Shinnie JFC
    Williams
    Stockley Ronnie

AMB Matthews Pratley Morgan Millar Aneke Washington
  • Options
    But Millar can setup a goal out of nothing whereas Johnny still enjoys the mud on the ground.