Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tue 26 Jan 2021 | 7pm

Comments

• Options
    barstool said:
    Probably after the recent goals against, keep it tight and then smash them in the second half  
    That never happens though does it!?
  • Options
    No gilbey tonight then
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I’d have played JFC at left back and Morgan in midfield.
    You would move a player that's been excelling in his position for the past few weeks to a position he's played well in a couple of times.
  • Options
    Glad to see Purrington back. Washington likes to play off the shoulder and has a good diagonal run in him so should hopefully link up well with Stockley. Shinnie changed the game at the weekend so let’s hope he picks up where he left off. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    You would move a player that's been excelling in his position for the past few weeks to a position he's played well in a couple of times.
    Yes because I don’t rate Purrington; apologies. 
  • Options
    I would have played Pratley and Watson.  Only that of we keep a clean sheet we will probably win.

Which other manager takes his top scorer off, who had already scored, at 2-1 down, at home to a team in the bottom 4 then doesn't start him in the next game?

The fitness of our players is pathetic, admittedly that's not just down to Bowyer. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Dazzler21wm said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I think someone is making a point, I’m not Purrington’s biggest fan either but he has to play Left Back tonight.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    I was about to post I bet purrington starts but I was 2 minutes too late 
    Bowyer confirmed that one a few hours ago ;) 
    Doh, missed that too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plenty of flexibility in that line. Could easily be a back 5 with Pratley playing CB or 4-3-3 with Washington and Millar on the wing.

imagine we will see the diamond and see it changed depending on the status of the match. 
  • Options
    Gilbey, against his old club, not even on the bench. That move worked out well for him...
  • Options
    Plenty of flexibility in that line. Could easily be a back 5 with Pratley playing CB or 4-3-3 with Washington and Millar on the wing.

imagine we will see the diamond and see it changed depending on the status of the match. 
    I would imagine we will see it change 2 or 3 times in the 1st half regardless of the score. 
  • Options
    I assume Stockley is fitter than Schwartz and then bring him and Aneke on in the second half when we are 2-0 down  :)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    LTKapal said:
    LTKapal said:
    I was about to post I bet purrington starts but I was 2 minutes too late 
    Bowyer confirmed that one a few hours ago ;) 
    Doh, missed that too
    Thought he confirmed it Saturday, when he said he was  planning on resting Maatson tonight
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Could be a diamond, 4-5-1/-4-3-3 or flat 4-4-2, maybe even 4-2-3-1.
    Could be anything. 

Bow likes to keep opponents guessing. And us!

And then he'll change it again when we're 2-0 down after 20 minutes. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going to be tough as they have almost 15 years of experience playing in front of no crowds. Hoping we can get back to winning ways before the end of the transfer window.
    We are away and have 116 years of experience of playing in front of nigh on empty away stands
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Really getting fed up of the constant tinkering, it’s game to game and half to half. Even when players do well they get dropped. I’m afraid I’m going to watch this game in hope rather than expectancy.
    Its like Fifa when you change players when their fitness bar is not 100% full - because the small difference in stats for the player you bring in won't make any real difference in the game you play and control.

Real life just does not work like that though. 
  • Options
    Chill out everyone, this isn’t the important line up, we need to know what changes he’s going to make after we’ve let the second goal in, first half...
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Don't think I've ever seen a team rotate their starting front 2 so often. Must be hard to pick up any sort of form/confidence being in and out the team so much
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Changes again. Probably be more changes if we go behind again. Really thought Chuck's and Ronnie would get a little run together. Maybe bow doesn't feel it's a partnership that will work. Hoping for a good performance from Stockley but not really confident. Come on Charlton surprise me.
    Bows being canny.

Never mind tonight's game, he's already thinking ahead to Saturday's Portsmouth game. :smile:

• Options
    To be honest not a fan of that line up. 

Firstly not that I think Stockley and Washington (who I actually rate) are not decent players, I'm just fed up with seeing our front two change each game. I don't feel like many teams in the top 4 league chop and change their attackers as much as us. 

Also on current form not sure what Pratley is offering over Morgan especially considering how quick and dynamic MK Dons midfield are. We've looked a much better team last 3.5 games when we have had Albie driving us forward. 
    You can’t put Morgan in for Pratley. There would be absolutely no defensive cover in that case, we’d be overrun completely. I imagine the reason Albie isn’t starting is because it’s him or Shinnie, and Shinnie was excellent at the weekend. 
  • Options
    People moaning about tinkering! FFS it's 3 games a week and we have a squad of sick notes. Changes need to be made. Fair enough team, I'd imagine Morgan for 
    Shinnie at some point as he might not make 90?
  • Options
    agim said:
    People moaning about tinkering! FFS it's 3 games a week and we have a squad of sick notes. Changes need to be made. Fair enough team, I'd imagine Morgan for 
    Shinnie at some point as he might not make 90?
    Are we the only team in league 1 who play 3 games a week? 
  • Options

Firstly not that I think Stockley and Washington (who I actually rate) are not decent players, I'm just fed up with seeing our front two change each game. I don't feel like many teams in the top 4 league chop and change their attackers as much as us. 

Also on current form not sure what Pratley is offering over Morgan especially considering how quick and dynamic MK Dons midfield are. We've looked a much better team last 3.5 games when we have had Albie driving us forward. 
    You can’t put Morgan in for Pratley. There would be absolutely no defensive cover in that case, we’d be overrun completely. I imagine the reason Albie isn’t starting is because it’s him or Shinnie, and Shinnie was excellent at the weekend. 
    Right.

Pratley's playing DM to protect Gunter & Oshi in the back 4.

Well, no doubt that's supposed to be the plan.

• Options

And if Pratley plays like he did Saturday - running around aimlessly like a headless chicken - he still won't offer any defensive cover.

Morgan should be in the starting line-up.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!