Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tue 26 Jan 2021 | 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    agim said:
    People moaning about tinkering! FFS it's 3 games a week and we have a squad of sick notes. Changes need to be made. Fair enough team, I'd imagine Morgan for 
    Shinnie at some point as he might not make 90?
    When did we start playing 3 a week? It's twice a week.

Tuesday, Saturday.
    3 if you include last Saturday and 4 if you include the Tuesday before that innit
  • Options
    I just hope we do a better job stopping their midfield cutting through us so easily this time. Odds on Pratley getting booked for taking the wind out of Fraser's sails must be quite high.
  • Options
    Cold night
    Warm-ups done
    Ready to go
    Come on youuu Addicks! #cafc

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    agim said:
    People moaning about tinkering! FFS it's 3 games a week and we have a squad of sick notes. Changes need to be made. Fair enough team, I'd imagine Morgan for 
    Are we the only team in league 1 who play 3 games a week? 
    Well it’s a clear strategy and we’ll be able to assess in a few months whether it was effective or not. We should have fresher players for the final third of the season in comparison to others.

Jose Riga utilised different midweek / weekend teams and everyone thought he was very clever by doing so. 
  • Options
    I think we are going to be leaning a lot on Millar this first half. He's definitely good enough, so hopefully this supposed 4-diamond-2 works out. 

I can also see us lining up with Washington and Millar flanking Stockley and a midfield trio. Not sure how I'd feel about that given Stockley has only played a few minutes really.

Pratley is an understandable choice but I'd have had Morgan, with JFC at the base. He'd be able to shadow Fraser given he's quicker than Prats.

COYR.
  • Options
    Glad to glad to have a natural left-back playing at left-back and Purrington can also weigh in with a goal. Expect Pratley to do a job on Fraser. Aneke  and Schwarz can come on in the second half and seal a win. Feeling confident.
  • Options
    Feel sorry for Albie.
    Millar right, Shinnie left I'm guessing. 
    Would like to have seen Chuks or Ronnie start with Jayden.

• Options
    Here come the Addicks... Kick-off is imminent. Wherever you're following from tonight, get behind Bowyer's boys!
    COME ON YOU REDS! #cafc
  • Options
    Nice to see the predictable moaning about selection and formation, it wouldn't be the same if we didn't.

Just to continue the theme, why the hell he's put Amos in goal, should be playing up front with Purrington!
    Yawn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    agim said:
    Are we the only team in league 1 who play 3 games a week? 
    It does seem to be us and Crewe featuring a lot during the week, whenever I check the fixtures. 
  • Options
    Well be alright, the teams below us will never win all their games in hand. ....

Accrington 2 Hull 0. 
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    Glad to glad to have a natural left-back playing at left-back and Purrington can also weigh in with a goal. Expect Pratley to do a job on Fraser. Aneke  and Schwarz can come on in the second half and seal a win. Feeling confident.
    It is good to hear you are confident, this is how most of us feel for the last few games, but confidence slowly ebbing away........let us hope we can start picking up tonight
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Just to confirm they're lining up like this: 

Fisher
    Darling - O'Hora - Lewington
    Laird - O'Reilly - Gladwin - Fraser - Harvey
    Jerome - Mason

Suggestion is we're going: 

Stockley - Washington
    Millar - F.Caskey - Shinnie - Matthews
    Purrington - Pratley - Oshilaja - Gunter
    Amos

Looks like iFollow are wrong as we kick off.

• Options
    Another shit pitch 
  • Options
    2: Early touches for debutants O’Riley and Darling as #MKDons look to work their way forward from the back. 0-0 #MKDvCHA
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    JFC is perfectly capable of playing a mobile defensive shield who, crucially, can pass
    No, he isn’t. He tries, but as we saw against Accrington he’s not got the defensive awareness to stop us getting passed through easily. Morgan played alongside him then and was anonymous because between the three in the midfield that day no one knew where to be and how to organise. Every team needs a proper defensive-minded midfielder and for us it’s either Pratley or an unfit Watson today. 
  • Options
    1. 2'

Post update

Ben Gladwin (MK Dons) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 2'

Post update

Foul by Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    3: Laird gets down the right and plays in a delightful ball for Jerome, which is headed clear by a Charlton defender. 0-0 #MKDvCHA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’d have played Morgan instead of Pratley (never gonna happen). Chuks and Ronnie can come on but the hint of tinker man remains.  I worry about Matthews and Gunter.  Matthews is not the same player this season and Gunter is no more a centre half than I am.  But we have no choice to play them if Bowyer won’t blood Barker.  If we play 442 I’m ok with Purrington with Millar in front of him but if he’s playing Purrington as a wing back in a 3-5-2 he offers us nothing going forward. Not confident. 
    That's something else I don't understand, why hasn't Barker at least been involved with the squad, stuck on the bench getting 20 minutes now & again. He was getting rave reviews at the start of the season & now nothing ?
  • Options
    4' First effort on goal goes the way of the Addicks as Stockley forces Fisher into a diving save from 22 yards. Decent effort. #mkd 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Pratley wins the ball, gets the ball to Stockley, who shoots from distance and the keeper parries it away.
  • Options
    5: Super cross-field ball from Darling to Laird. Charlton, though, come away with a goal kick. 0-0 #MKDvCHA
  • Options
    6: Free-kick to Charlton by the far touchline, right near the corner flag. 0-0 #MKDvCHA
  • Options
    Good drive from Stockley
  • Options
    Good effort from Stockley but probably should have played Shinnie in
  • Options
    Awful pass from Millar in a good position. 
  • Options
    Stockley goes down near the LH corner flag and we have a free kick.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!