Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Charlton Athletic | Tue 26 Jan 2021 | 7pm

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21wm said:
    wmcf123 said:
    I’d have played JFC at left back and Morgan in midfield.
    You would move a player that's been excelling in his position for the past few weeks to a position he's played well in a couple of times.
    I think someone is making a point, I’m not Purrington’s biggest fan either but he has to play Left Back tonight.
    If expressing an opinion is making a point , then yes! 
  • Options
    To be honest not a fan of that line up. 

Firstly not that I think Stockley and Washington (who I actually rate) are not decent players, I'm just fed up with seeing our front two change each game. I don't feel like many teams in the top 4 league chop and change their attackers as much as us. 

Also on current form not sure what Pratley is offering over Morgan especially considering how quick and dynamic MK Dons midfield are. We've looked a much better team last 3.5 games when we have had Albie driving us forward. 
    You can’t put Morgan in for Pratley. There would be absolutely no defensive cover in that case, we’d be overrun completely. I imagine the reason Albie isn’t starting is because it’s him or Shinnie, and Shinnie was excellent at the weekend. 
    Nonsense. How many chances did Swindon have in the half-hour where we had no Pratley last game? Oh, zero, was it?
  • Options
    I like the colour of Curb's trousers.

I think I'll get myself a pair.

• Options
    Start with strikers A and B. Things improve when you bring on from the bench strikers C and D

The next game you start with strikers C and D. Things improve when you bring on from the bench strikers A and B

Repeat ad infinitum...
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Disappointing but Chuks and Ronnie not starting will be the usual Sat / Tues / Sat / Tues reasoning of managing both players fitness as no doubt advised by the medical team. 
  • Options
    JFC is perfectly capable of playing a mobile defensive shield who, crucially, can pass
  • Options
    2 big lumps up front. Both knocking it down to.....no one in particular.

Good thinking Bows.
    Similar to what I was thinking, if you're going to play Stockley stick Schwartz alongside him. Where's Morgan ? I give up.
  • Options
    I think we should all just accept that whatever team starts there are going to be complaints. Doesnt that mean that we are lucky to have so many options ? 
  • Options
    agim said:
    People moaning about tinkering! FFS it's 3 games a week and we have a squad of sick notes. Changes need to be made. Fair enough team, I'd imagine Morgan for 
    Shinnie at some point as he might not make 90?
    When did we start playing 3 a week? It's twice a week.

Tuesday, Saturday.
  • Options

Firstly not that I think Stockley and Washington (who I actually rate) are not decent players, I'm just fed up with seeing our front two change each game. I don't feel like many teams in the top 4 league chop and change their attackers as much as us. 

Also on current form not sure what Pratley is offering over Morgan especially considering how quick and dynamic MK Dons midfield are. We've looked a much better team last 3.5 games when we have had Albie driving us forward. 
    You can’t put Morgan in for Pratley. There would be absolutely no defensive cover in that case, we’d be overrun completely. I imagine the reason Albie isn’t starting is because it’s him or Shinnie, and Shinnie was excellent at the weekend. 
    Not saying Pratley won't play a blinder, and completely negate their midfield.

However firstly we were overrun when we had Watson there in the first game.

Secondly for me we look worse team going forwards when Pratley plays. 

Thirdly it's not like Albie, JFC and Shinnie are static players who are unable to get out their foot in and make tackles. Indeed that's been one of the most noticeable things about Albies game recently 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice to see the predictable moaning about selection and formation, it wouldn't be the same if we didn't.

Just to continue the theme, why the hell he's put Amos in goal, should be playing up front with Purrington!
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I think we should all just accept that whatever team starts there are going to be complaints. Doesnt that mean that we are lucky to have so many options ? 
    Yup we can perm 2645 different midfield and defence combinations that can conced 2 goals a game.  Lucky us. 
  • Options
    Shame no Schwartz starting 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    2 big lumps up front. Both knocking it down to.....no one in particular.

Good thinking Bows.
    Washington is 5'10", how small are you lol
    To be fair though he is quite stocky for his height.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I’d have played Morgan instead of Pratley (never gonna happen). Chuks and Ronnie can come on but the hint of tinker man remains.  I worry about Matthews and Gunter.  Matthews is not the same player this season and Gunter is no more a centre half than I am.  But we have no choice to play them if Bowyer won’t blood Barker.  If we play 442 I’m ok with Purrington with Millar in front of him but if he’s playing Purrington as a wing back in a 3-5-2 he offers us nothing going forward. Not confident. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Leuth said:

Nonsense. How many chances did Swindon have in the half-hour where we had no Pratley last game? Oh, zero, was it?
    Come on now - you’re sounding like you have the tactical awareness of Golfie here. You know that’s likely to do with the fact that Swindon were sitting on their lead and not breaking forward, more than the personnel we had on the field.

Agree that it was always going to be Shinnie or Morgan. I’m not surprised it was Shinnie who got the nod.
  • Options
    Perhaps @LouisMend can grill Bowyer after the match on his selection process and why certain people have started as opposed to others.

• Options
    Nice to see the predictable moaning about selection and formation, it wouldn't be the same if we didn't.

Just to continue the theme, why the hell he's put Amos in goal, should be playing up front with Purrington!
    Nice to see the predictable comment about someone moaning that people on a football forum like to discuss their views on selection and formation, it wouldn't be the same if we didn't. 
  • Options
    On another note, my predicted XI from pre match is almost bang on the money. I expected Watson to start though with Pratley in the centre back partnership and Gunter back out wide. Imagine Ben is not able to play a full 90 yet otherwise he’d have been in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Recokon Ben the cat will score tonight.
  • Options
    Expecting our slide down the table to continue, so anything better than a defeat is good in my eyes. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I like the colour of Curb's trousers.

I think I'll get myself a pair.

Good for hiding if you shit yourself.
  • Options
    Would like to have seen Ronnie start alongside Stockley. Strongest bench I can remember for many many months. 
  • Options

Nice to see the predictable comment about someone moaning that people on a football forum like to discuss their views on selection and formation, it wouldn't be the same if we didn't. 
    That's true but it's always the same, Bowyer's damned if does and damned if he doesn't.
  • Options
    How unfit is Ronnie, the geezer joined us from the equivalent of the Prem in his country, this is pub/league 1
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Would like to have seen Ronnie start alongside Stockley. Strongest bench I can remember for many many months. 
    I said that before the Burton game 👀👀
  • Options
    Pleased with that team. No surprise that Chucks with his issues and Schwartz just starting to get his match fitness that our other pair of strikers start. Sound decision IMO.
    Pleased that Shinnie is starting and Pearce isn’t.
  • Options
    Would be great if things finally clicked into place at long last
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!