Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vaccine

Comments

• A friend of mine had quite a severe fever after his second Pfizer jab, but is fine now
  • A friend went to The Valley yesterday afternoon for first vaccine and they’d had 80 no shows in 1 day. Seemed a lot to me, but I don’t know how normal that is.
    I posted on the Coronavirus thread yesterday that my wife went for her first at Aspire pharmacy in Sidcup. Said it was mega busy buy they were accommodating a lot of people who just turned up without a booking. 

She feels a bit rough today but nothing serious. Got my second on Tuesday.
  • A friend went to The Valley yesterday afternoon for first vaccine and they’d had 80 no shows in 1 day. Seemed a lot to me, but I don’t know how normal that is.
    Very difficult situation. They wouldn’t want to advertise that and have hundreds of people turn up without a booking but at the same time the waste isn’t good at all. 

Would love to get mine now but I’m not going to show up at a vaccine centre on the off chance there’s spares. 
    I had a 2nd vaccine booked for next week through the main NHS site but had a text via a local NHS trust for an earlier one a few weeks ago, which I went to. Can I get the original one cancelled? No. Despite going on the 'manage my appointments' it tells me I've had both - yet I've had a reminder for next week's one. It's probably why Aspire can hand them out - it was booked for there. I expect this is happening all round.
    If anyone wants to try for it  go there tomorrow at 11.40!
  • I spoke to my sister in North Wales yesterday, and her sons aged 29, 22 and 21 will all have had their first vaccination by the end of next week! Amazing but I hadn't realised that some areas were this far ahead.
    They’ll be vaccinating the sheep next in case COVID can be sexually transmitted. 
    What do you mean next?
    They have been doing this secretly for months.
  • Trying to book my vaccine, but my nearest vaccination site is showing as 25 miles away.  I know of 2 vaccination sites within 3 miles of my house!!

I assume all centre's near me must still be using Oxford vaccine & I'm under 40
  • Sponsored links:

• Trying to book my vaccine, but my nearest vaccination site is showing as 25 miles away.  I know of 2 vaccination sites within 3 miles of my house!!

I had the same in Dartford last week. Just booked up in London Bridge for when I go there tomorrow.
  • Had my second Pfizer jab earlier today. Slightly sore arm as per the first time, but that’s it. That’s me done.
  • 20m mark passed yesterday for 2nd jabs
  • So he had a bad reaction. Shit happens to some, unfortunately.  Still alive though and very unlikely to die if he gets Covid now. Perhaps years of substance abuse might have caused the reaction.
  • edited May 2021
    A friend went to The Valley yesterday afternoon for first vaccine and they’d had 80 no shows in 1 day. Seemed a lot to me, but I don’t know how normal that is.
    I posted on the Coronavirus thread yesterday that my wife went for her first at Aspire pharmacy in Sidcup. Said it was mega busy buy they were accommodating a lot of people who just turned up without a booking. 

She feels a bit rough today but nothing serious. Got my second on Tuesday.
    Good on the people of Sidcup.

Book it, you'll find the journey worthwhile once you have had the jab.
  • Can’t believe I’m even writing this but I need some help. 

A friend of mine has sent me a video of his Mrs’ dad’s arm becoming magnetic at the vaccine site after having his Pfizer jab. He puts the magnet to his arm and it sticks. He has told me his mum is also the same. Magnet sticks on vaccine arm, but drops on the other. 

I tried Googling an explanation to debunk him
    and whilst they said the vaccine cannot be magnetic, I have not found an explanation as to why the magnet would be sticking... can anybody help me explain this to him? 
    Is he an iron?
    Are you asking if he's a West Ham fan or bats for the opposition? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I had mine on Saturday at Aspire. I feel like shit but glad to have got it done. 
  • So he had a bad reaction. Shit happens to some, unfortunately.  Still alive though and very unlikely to die if he gets Covid now. Perhaps years of substance abuse might have caused the reaction.
    Yes, you hate to imagine the chemicals still floating around his system!
  • edited May 2021
    Can’t believe I’m even writing this but I need some help. 

A friend of mine has sent me a video of his Mrs’ dad’s arm becoming magnetic at the vaccine site after having his Pfizer jab. He puts the magnet to his arm and it sticks. He has told me his mum is also the same. Magnet sticks on vaccine arm, but drops on the other. 

and whilst they said the vaccine cannot be magnetic, I have not found an explanation as to why the magnet would be sticking... can anybody help me explain this to him? 
    I’ve heard this can happen if you have too much iron in your blood and the vaccination takes place within 500 yards of a 5G tower. 

Alternatively, it could just be total bollocks 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/magnets-covid-vaccine/
    Thanks for the link @SomervilleAddick and sorry for the late reply on this.

I sent this to my friend, and his reply was 'well this doesn't actually confirm why the magnet was sticking and why it was only at the arm of the injection site and not the other arm.'

It's doing my head in that I can't find an explanation to this. I can find a lot discussing how the vaccine cannot contain enough metal material to be magnetic, but cannot find an explanation as to how a magnet is sticking to an injection site. I have seen this first hand so I know my friend isn't lying.

I feel like a tin-foil hat wearing, facebook degree conspiracy theorist for even typing this, but I badly want an explanation for it.

FWIW, I'm not a Doctor, it's just a username on CharltonLife :)
  • Can’t believe I’m even writing this but I need some help. 

I’ve heard this can happen if you have too much iron in your blood and the vaccination takes place within 500 yards of a 5G tower. 

Alternatively, it could just be total bollocks 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/magnets-covid-vaccine/
    Thanks for the link @SomervilleAddick and sorry for the late reply on this.

I sent this to my friend, and his reply was 'well this doesn't actually confirm why the magnet was sticking and why it was only at the arm of the injection site and not the other arm.'

It's doing my head in that I can't find an explanation to this. I can find a lot discussing how the vaccine cannot contain enough metal material to be magnetic, but cannot find an explanation as to how a magnet is sticking to an injection site. I have seen this first hand so I know my friend isn't lying.

I feel like a tin-foil hat wearing, facebook degree conspiracy theorist for even typing this, but I badly want an explanation for it.

FWIW, I'm not a Doctor, it's just a username on CharltonLife :)
    There's more iron in a pint of Guinness than in a jab, and I can assure you I have never become more attractive after a good session on the black stuff
  • edited May 2021
    1. Get a 2 sided magnet 

2. Apply glue to one side of said magnet 

3. Press gluey side on vaccinated arm with just enough pressure so that it holds momentarily 

4. Remove magnet and rotate on it's axis as you move it towards the other arm and apply non gluey side to other arm and release 

5. Post video recording of this on social media and entitle the clip something like "Dave's magnetic arm after vaccine"/ "Bill Gates' sinister plan to turn us into robots"

6. Sit back and watch the internet speculation grow until Prof Chris Witty has to make a teatime statement to inform the general public and attendant media that AstraZeneca and Pfizer jabs will not turn you into a middle aged bloke/ Terminator T3000 hybrid prototype.