Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Sat 30 Jan 2021 *POSTPONED!*

Comments

• Options
    We ought to get a refund from the company that dug up the pitch and installed a new drainage system a couple of years ago. Bowyer gets a pass on this one.

I would like to hear what both managers think about this decision. 
  • Options
    Just taken cuppa and sandwiches out to woman hut, stuck heater on and.....
  • Options
    Who was it stated after the drainage issues had allegedly been dealt with, there'll NEVER be another match postponed at The Valley due to rain ? 
  • Options
    Remember that Southampton game that got called off on Boxing Day all those years ago

Got a lift to Charlton so was none the wiser - Walked down Floyd Road with loads of people walking to towards me, just as I got to the ground someone told me it had been called off so kept walking back up Charlton Church Lane and got the bus home
  • Options
    Anybody know what happens if you have already paid for the stream?, does it roll over onto the next match or is it valid for the rearranged match?
  • Options
    At least @grumpyaddick will be happy... we didn't win ;)
  • Options
    Gawd, so much anger about a postponement, chill out, have a cuppa, there’s even a game on BBC1 at 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Out of the play off positions and teams still have games in hand on us in this shittiest of all shit leagues 

not good enough 
  • Options
    Typical. First time I’ve paid to watch a game this season, and it’s postponed!
  • Options
    At least Famewo and Maddison will be back for the rearranged fixture, and hopefully a new signing or two.
  • Options
    Out of the play off positions and teams still have games in hand on us in this shittiest of all shit leagues 

not good enough 
    Yeah, but OohAah ..... our unbeaten run now continues into February.

• Options
    Very amateurish. Probably only game in London off.
  • Options
    At least we aint in Blackpool
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very amateurish. Probably only game in London off.
    Wonder what Thomas thinks?
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Surprised by the number of people who think this is bad news. I think we’ve more chance of winning this in a month or two’s time than today.
    Assuming we don't pick up anymore injuries.
  • Options

Every cloud has a silver lining ...... I've just saved myself a tenner I couldn't really afford right now.

• Options
    Can we blame Bowyer for this @MuttleyCAFC @Cafc43v3r ?  :-) 
    Yup if they hadn't been pratting around doing diving headers in puddles yesterday blah blah blah :wink:

On a tangent who is this 

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Gawd, so much anger about a postponement, chill out, have a cuppa, there’s even a game on BBC1 at 3
    yeah but who do you go for out of Big Sam and Scott Parker??
  • Options
    Remember that Southampton game that got called off on Boxing Day all those years ago

Got a lift to Charlton so was none the wiser - Walked down Floyd Road with loads of people walking to towards me, just as I got to the ground someone told me it had been called off so kept walking back up Charlton Church Lane and got the bus home
    I’ve got West Ham New Years Day in my memory. Me and my flat mate and been to School Disco at London Arena the night before. Had a bird still asleep in bed at home and the plan was to go to the footie and by the time it was done my mate would have taken them both home saving me the awkward goodbye.

Obviously didn’t go to plan - was home 45 mins later just in time for her to grill me on why I had sneaked off.
    My Dad was driving me down the A2 when it came over the radio that game had been called off

Drove round to see my Nan in Abbey Wood instead for a few hours
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Oggy Red said:

Every cloud has a silver lining ...... I've just saved myself a tenner I couldn't really afford right now.

So a tenners worth of pasties is now biking its way to Oggys house ....
  • Options
    Was looking forward to this game and even paid for it yesterday. Ensured I was sober as a judge today so didn't doze off and miss it. Whilst my afternoon has been spiilt, on a brighter side some of our players will be fitter and hopefully we can have a defender back or 2. 
  • Options
    And I bought the stream last week by mistake
  • Options
    Just rushed back to watch the pre-match build-up. Glad I saw this before purchasing as the Pass is still available on the website!