Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Sat 30 Jan 2021 *POSTPONED!*

Comments

• Options
    Remember that Southampton game that got called off on Boxing Day all those years ago

Got a lift to Charlton so was none the wiser - Walked down Floyd Road with loads of people walking to towards me, just as I got to the ground someone told me it had been called off so kept walking back up Charlton Church Lane and got the bus home
    Yes, parked up in the Makro car park and was told it was called  of as we were getting out of the car.
  • Options
    Shame as I was looking forward to getting stressed about the stream not working, and then stressing about the game. I feel empty without it, walk the dog now then beer o'clock
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Can we blame Bowyer for this @MuttleyCAFC @Cafc43v3r ?  :-) 
    Yup if they hadn't been pratting around doing diving headers in puddles yesterday blah blah blah :wink:

On a tangent who is this 

Donald Sutherland?
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Surprised by the number of people who think this is bad news. I think we’ve more chance of winning this in a month or two’s time than today.
    Assuming we don't pick up anymore injuries.
    Yes, but with our fixture schedule the way it is for the next month, we will be fresh going into the latter part of the season. Maatsen, Shinnie, Watson, Famewo, Inniss, Aneke, Stockley, Schwartz, Washington, all benefit from this game being off to get back fitter and stronger. I really think this is good news for the team. 

I know people look forward to the games, but now we get a bonus one later on in the season 👍
  • Options
    Gutted! Really was looking forward to this 
  • Options
    Will Curbs, Robinson and Minto be paid full or half fee ?
  • Options
    Oh well, at least we can’t go 2-0 down 🤔
  • Options
    I was looking forward to listening to Robinson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still at least I can watch Fulham on the telly and see how spotty Parker and Lookman do plus seeing Gallagher will be good for a reminiscence class.

Gutted about no game but like others let's get players back and maybe bring someone in. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    red10 said:
    Anybody know what happens if you have already paid for the stream?, does it roll over onto the next match or is it valid for the rearranged match?
    @red10 If you've purchased the steam it will now apply when the game is rearranged, so you haven't lost the money, but you can apply for your money back from the club if you dont want to wait for the rearranged fixture.
  • Options
    There may be no match, but Valley Pass Live is still going on air with , Alan Curbishley and John Robinson taking a trip down memory lane! The free show will be live at 2.30pm... #cafc
  • Options
    So disappointing, been looking forward to this all week
  • Options
    I was looking forward to listening to Robinson.
    A free stream is due to start in a minute.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Gawd, so much anger about a postponement, chill out, have a cuppa, there’s even a game on BBC1 at 3
    For someone who I am sure I've seen champion mental health in other threads I thought you would have a bit more respect for people's feelings around this. For many of us, sadly at the moment, watching Charlton is our only escapism during the week. 

Also I have literally no interest in watching a football team that's not Charlton play.
    I do champion it, and I’m sorry that escapism has gone for some, but the anger aimed at the club/the pitch/contractors from 6 years ago for something that can’t be helped is excessive. 
  • Options
    Can we blame bogle???
  • Options
    Disappointed like most fans as there's not much going on at the moment  . Might well do us a favour as gives us time for the centre backs to get fit and we may well have a more settled side when the game is rearranged.  Will feel like a long week before the Rochdale game .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Live just down the road - has been an awful lot of rain...
  • Options
    At work and been telling everyone I don't want to know the score as can catch up tonight. 

Someone has just put me out of my misery, some of the bastards wanted to leave me in limbo...bit like the likely lads England F with Brian Glover...

Fancied us today too as Pompeys luck was running out.
  • Options
    Just seen the news. Has it been raining that much? Seems bloody ridiculous to me.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Yup if they hadn't been pratting around doing diving headers in puddles yesterday blah blah blah :wink:

On a tangent who is this 

Rich Cawley
  • Options
    Why did Valley Pass let me make a purchase after the postponement was announced?
  • Options
    Frustrating...
  • Options
    On a plus side... that bloke who scored two own goals and got sent off on Tuesday should be available against us now
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Been looking forward to this all day. What a disappointment.
    To quote Mrs Chunes.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

On a tangent who is this 

Lockdown hasn't been kind to Lionel Messi,it's happening!!!!