Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Smith MK2 (the Arsenal loanee one) - gone to Wigan p7

Comments

• Options
    Swindon fans love him. A lot of Motm performances. 

Seems we’ve done a bit of a Swansea last season with Gallagher. I’m happy with this! Him and jfc in central midfield, Kirk and millar as wingers, thats a strong midfield 
  • Options
    Being a arsenal youth team player, I expect he has plenty enough ability on the ball. I just don't see how he will be better then Shinnie, or JFC on current form - I'd even be interested to see what is he bringing to the side that Morgan does not have?

Unless Bowyer is going to play him in the Pratley or Watson role which I dont see happening.

• Options
    But the opposition will have a good player so we'll have to play Pratley instead to man-mark him and get rave reviews from everyone for what a good job he did running around after one specific opposition player 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    But the opposition will have a good player so we'll have to play Pratley instead to man-mark him and get rave reviews from everyone for what a good job he did running around after one specific opposition player 
    He was told to man mark and did it well. Pratley is frustrating and has a lot of failings, but credit should always be given where due. 

• Options
    He can tackle and pass. I’d like to think in a 442 he’s replacing the pratley/Watson role who aren’t mobile enough (yes I know pratley contained Fraser but he is not mobile enough) 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    You're being really mopey today, and it's getting a bit repetitive across the threads. Maybe take a break.
    All this talk of binning off Maddison has aroused my ire
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    You're being really mopey today, and it's getting a bit repetitive across the threads. Maybe take a break.
    IF we see Maddison go it'll add to the argument that Bowyer can only manage easy to manage players and that he can only use already decent players and doesn't in fact make any players better, he just bins the ones that don't play well for a spell. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    IF we see Maddison go it'll add to the argument that Bowyer can only manage easy to manage players and that he can only use already decent players and doesn't in fact make any players better, he just bins the ones that don't play well for a spell. 
    Nonsense
  • Options
    Champs85 said:
    He can tackle and pass. I’d like to think in a 442 he’s replacing the pratley/Watson role who aren’t mobile enough (yes I know pratley contained Fraser but he is not mobile enough) 
    Can he?

He's a passing midfielder, so I'd be amazed if a 20 year old could also be a solid defensive player as well
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Rothko said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Nonsense
    Don't see how it is, what hard to manage players has he had?

What players have genuinely improved under Bowyer? A few have gone backwards. 

I'm not calling for the guys head, just calling out his BS on how he always improves players. We've seen it is not true. We've also seen him fail a few times to manage players that could be seen as more difficult. 
  • Options
    Albie Morgan's got better at kicking people 
  • Options
    I haven't done the groundwork yet (for which I apologise), but the arrival of Matt Smith forms the basis for a nice quiz question:

Apart from the obvious 1947 team, which Charlton players (past and present) have an FA Cup Winners medal?
  • Options
    I've a hunch Smith will play quite a lot once he's settled here. Of all the loanees I'd probably rather Maatsen wasn't involved as Purrington can do a job. Though all six being fit is another matter. 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    I haven't done the groundwork yet (for which I apologise), but the arrival of Matt Smith forms the basis for a nice quiz question:

Apart from the obvious 1947 team, which Charlton players (past and present) have an FA Cup Winners medal?
    From the current team; Ben Watson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Nonsense
    It's only as much nonsense that we improve everyone that walks through door is. 
  • Options
    The Arsenal Reconnection Does In Swindon

Who ?

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:

Smith, Barnes, Blomquist, Crooks, Maxie Miller, Watson, Pates, Jeffers, Murphy? 
  • Options

Who ?

I don’t understand that @Val@Valiantphil

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Smith, Barnes, Blomquist, Crooks, Maxie Miller, Watson, Pates, Jeffers, Murphy? 
    It's a good list.

Not sure about Pates.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

Who ?

I don’t understand that @Val@Valiantphil

TARDIS.