Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diallang Jaiyesimi - page 17 Joins Wimbledon on loan

Comments

• Options
    DJ certainly hasn't covered himself in glory this season but very few have. Trying to work out whether he's just not very good or been left down by the constant tweaking of personnel/formation and a weak midfield is probably a chicken/egg situation - he's (probably) better than he's shown but by how much is debatable.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Being slightly unfairly scapegoated imo - the vast majority of our problems this season have come down to central midfield and central midfield alone 
    And our lack of strikers , but I tend to agree.  
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    DJ certainly hasn't covered himself in glory this season but very few have. Trying to work out whether he's just not very good or been left down by the constant tweaking of personnel/formation and a weak midfield is probably a chicken/egg situation - he's (probably) better than he's shown but by how much is debatable.
    fair points but CBT doesn't seem to be hampered by these things 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    thenewbie said:
    CBT hasn't had to suffer the Morgan, Clare, Dobson triumvirate. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    thenewbie said:
    We've seen the good side of CBT but by prior accounts he does have games where he goes missing or nothing works (as all wingers do.) On current evidence, CBT has the higher ceiling but I don't think we've seen DJs best yet.
  • Options
    The algorithm highlights players, they're then fully scouted if the SLT is interested I believe. 
  • Options
    The longer things pan out under this regime the more it’s becoming clear we are just signing young players with potential, ie deji and Kirk just for the sell on value without really looking at how they could fit into the team , square pegs in round holes is starting to spring to mind
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    The longer things pan out under this regime the more it’s becoming clear we are just signing young players with potential, ie deji and Kirk just for the sell on value without really looking at how they could fit into the team , square pegs in round holes is starting to spring to mind
    Yeah, but Kirk and DJ won't generate much sell on value in future, if they don't ever play.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The algorithm highlights players, they're then fully scouted if the SLT is interested I believe. 
    I am not being facetious but scouted by whom when?  Gallen mentioned when we signed Clare that he saw him play for Celtic.   I can't believe Thomas and Roddy took a couple of trips to Morecambe to run the rule over Lavelle. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I am not being facetious but scouted by whom when?  Gallen mentioned when we signed Clare that he saw him play for Celtic.   I can't believe Thomas and Roddy took a couple of trips to Morecambe to run the rule over Lavelle. 
    The scouting network they've said they now got 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Scoham I don't get it either. It seems mad that so many are writing off players already. 

We've seen glimpses from the majority. Let's give them some time.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So it's highly likely that, of the four man committee, no one has actually seen some of them play in the flesh?  Unless they played against us? 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So it's highly likely that, of the four man committee, no one has actually seen some of them play in the flesh?  Unless they played against us? 
    Would be surprised if Adkins had, as he was out of a job. Reckon Bowyer and Gallen were well aware at the time, and had seen him play for Swindon.

edit - and forgot he scored for Swindon against us in December that season, so they were well aware of him and rated him from that game and scouting
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Would be surprised if Adkins had, as he was out of a job. Reckon Bowyer and Gallen were well aware at the time, and had seen him play for Swindon.

edit - and forgot he scored for Swindon against us in December that season, so they were well aware of him and rated him from that game and scouting
    I was speaking generally not specifically to DJ. 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    I’ve seen every game DJ has played, apart from Crewe, and the only time I’ve been impressed was the first half against MK Dons. They brought on 63 year old Dean Lewington for the second half and DJ didn’t do a thing after that.

Pre season, people were going on about how a front three of him, Washington & Stockley would tear this league apart. That would always make me laugh.
    I don’t think that’s fair, most people were desperate for a quality winger, as proven by the disappointment of the signing of CBT and the ecstasy at the signing of Kirk. Ironically CBT looks the best of the lot 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    thenewbie said:
    CBT hasn't had to suffer the Morgan, Clare, Dobson triumvirate. 
    Maybe that trio would have been better, with CBT playing instead of DJ. Morgan is perfectly capable of playing a forward pass similar to the Watson made to CBT on Saturday

Yes players need help from those around them, but ultimately, you can still play quite well and put in a shift, even if everyone else is having a mare. It's not as if DJ had 25 games with little help, and then lost motivation, he was dropped after 6. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Why are so many writing off players like Kirk?

He's made 3 starts for us, we've made a lot of signings, several of them late in the window. Some of them are still getting much fit and the manager needs to balance all of this with finding the right formation and best team. On top of that Kirk's recently lost his dad and moved to another part of the country. Kirk, Lavelle etc also need to step up to the increased expectations.

It's unlikely all signings will work out but it's far too early to decide they aren't good enough or don't fit the team.
    i'm not writing Kirk off but do have a genuine doubt that DJ will come good 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    No wonder we might have signed a dud, we went in for the wrong player! 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Gallen said he did go to watch Lavelle play
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:
    I get what you’re saying but let’s have a differing view on the flip side. I think he’s very coachable and can improve.

He’s strong for a wide man who is relatively small. He is actually very good with his back to goal, although it’s not something that we need or want him to do much. He needs more confidence and to whip in crosses when he gets half a yard rather than taking another touch and the chance goes, but that’s something he can improve on. 

He needs to work harder when out of possession, covering his full back more than he does, but again that is something that he can learn.

He has played in a midfield that has changed constantly and for much of the time has only had one striker to aim for and work with. There has been no movement in front of him or around him to create or do anything with. For much of the time he played with an immobile striker who won’t stretch a defence in the way DJ needs to be able to thrive.

I thought he was excellent against Crewe and seemed right up for it from the beginning. It’s interesting that the one time we played with 2 up front and DJ out wide, he done well. Washington’s movement helped him perform. I was hoping he would kick on, it hasn’t quite happened as he was really quite poor against Cheltenham. We haven’t seen him since.

One thing I don’t understand much is that we don’t swap our wingers anymore. If it’s not quite working on the right, try him out on the left for 10 minutes. He might get more joy that way.

He only turned 23 in May. Before last season he had never played above League Two. I think there is a player in there, he just needs the right coaching to bring it out and put it together and he could do well. That’s the big challenge for him now. 
    he didn't have a good game against crewe but the goal somehow got him motm - he's got something - he can be explosive but everything he does is more by luck than judgement in my opinion and he will prove a bad signing - hope i'm wrong   
    Players marks is the one feature of Charlton Life that produces a consensus ie it’s not the most forceful voices getting heard the most, it’s the overall opinions being totted up and forming a ranking. 
    Almost every week I find the table reflects fairly closely my own view of who played well, and who didn’t. Yes, scoring a goal is never going to harm a players overall score, but to say ‘he didn't have a good game against crewe but the goal somehow got him MOTM’ is both glib and almost certainly wrong. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    CH4RLTON said:

He's made 3 starts for us, we've made a lot of signings, several of them late in the window. Some of them are still getting much fit and the manager needs to balance all of this with finding the right formation and best team. On top of that Kirk's recently lost his dad and moved to another part of the country. Kirk, Lavelle etc also need to step up to the increased expectations.

It's unlikely all signings will work out but it's far too early to decide they aren't good enough or don't fit the team.
    That’s fair enough, he’s been here since February. All our wingers have potential and we can’t be certain where they’ll end up.

I doubt anyone would have predicted that by the end of September many fans would be calling for CBT and Davison to start.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    CH4RLTON said:

That’s fair enough, he’s been here since February. All our wingers have potential and we can’t be certain where they’ll end up.

I doubt anyone would have predicted that by the end of September many fans would be calling for CBT and Davison to start.
    Was only a couple of months ago that people were thinking that Davison should have been going on loan and shouldnt be one of our main strikers as per Adkins comments over the summer.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    CH4RLTON said:

He's the kind of player where man management will make a huge difference to his performances.

Not sure Nige is the man to push him on if I'm honest
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Gallen said he did go to watch Lavelle play
    That's different then thank you I missed that. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:
    I get what you’re saying but let’s have a differing view on the flip side. I think he’s very coachable and can improve.

He’s strong for a wide man who is relatively small. He is actually very good with his back to goal, although it’s not something that we need or want him to do much. He needs more confidence and to whip in crosses when he gets half a yard rather than taking another touch and the chance goes, but that’s something he can improve on. 

He needs to work harder when out of possession, covering his full back more than he does, but again that is something that he can learn.

He has played in a midfield that has changed constantly and for much of the time has only had one striker to aim for and work with. There has been no movement in front of him or around him to create or do anything with. For much of the time he played with an immobile striker who won’t stretch a defence in the way DJ needs to be able to thrive.

I thought he was excellent against Crewe and seemed right up for it from the beginning. It’s interesting that the one time we played with 2 up front and DJ out wide, he done well. Washington’s movement helped him perform. I was hoping he would kick on, it hasn’t quite happened as he was really quite poor against Cheltenham. We haven’t seen him since.

One thing I don’t understand much is that we don’t swap our wingers anymore. If it’s not quite working on the right, try him out on the left for 10 minutes. He might get more joy that way.

He only turned 23 in May. Before last season he had never played above League Two. I think there is a player in there, he just needs the right coaching to bring it out and put it together and he could do well. That’s the big challenge for him now. 
    he didn't have a good game against crewe but the goal somehow got him motm - he's got something - he can be explosive but everything he does is more by luck than judgement in my opinion and he will prove a bad signing - hope i'm wrong   
    Players marks is the one feature of Charlton Life that produces a consensus ie it’s not the most forceful voices getting heard the most, it’s the overall opinions being totted up and forming a ranking. 
    Almost every week I find the table reflects fairly closely my own view of who played well, and who didn’t. Yes, scoring a goal is never going to harm a players overall score, but to say ‘he didn't have a good game against crewe but the goal somehow got him MOTM’ is both glib and almost certainly wrong. 
    just before he scored, he fluffed a cross - it was the latest in a string of bad pieces of play from him that game - i and many others were calling for him to be hooked and had lost patience, albeit in the first half but it was off the back of many poor games  - he improved after the goal but i'm satisfied that overall he did not have a good game 
  • Options
    Curbs rates DJ
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Chunes said:
    Curbs rates DJ
    what would he know? - apparently nothing as he hasn't managed for years  :)
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    CH4RLTON said:

Tbf CBT is the perfect example of someone playing that has a point to prove. Nothing in his previous career has shown that he could have been the revalation that he has been so far here. If he had played anything like he has for us for Tranmere you think he would have been released ?
    He has obviously realised this is a great chance for him to show what he can do and is doing just that. I'm just gutted we didnt sign him up for longer but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I dont think there is a chance in hell we will be able to extend his contract if he has a few more games repeating his performances so far a Championship club will sign him in an instant imo
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Sage said:

just before he scored, he fluffed a cross - it was the latest in a string of bad pieces of play from him that game - i and many others were calling for him to be hooked and had lost patience, albeit in the first half but it was off the back of many poor games  - he improved after the goal but i'm satisfied that overall he did not have a good game 
    You’re entitled to your opinion of course. Even if it’s wrong. 
    😉
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!