Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diallang Jaiyesimi - page 17 Joins Wimbledon on loan

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Giving Fosu away was madness - now a premier league player with Brentford. 
    We have Lee ‘I hate flair players’ Bowyer to thank for that. 
    Such a fallacy. He hated flair players who didn’t work hard for the team. 

He used plenty of flair players in his time here. 
    Go on .. 
    He signed and used plenty, but they didn't all get a run of games and some were never really trusted.

McGeady, Aribo, Leko, Fosu, Williams, Oztumer, Jaiyesimi, Maddison, Millar...
    You cannot really say he ‘used’ this lot IMO. How many games did each player start under him? 

The top point is my point, he doesn’t work well with flair players. 
  • Options
    He lost it with Williams. He lost a lot of fans at the same time. 
  • Options
    He’s currently using Ronnie‘a invisibility cloak. 
  • Options
    Joe ledley always had me on the edge of my seat to be honest, real trickster.
    I’m sure he had many on the edge of their seats, heading for the exits!
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Go on .. 
    He signed and used plenty, but they didn't all get a run of games and some were never really trusted.

You cannot really say he ‘used’ this lot IMO. How many games did each player start under him? 

If you had originally said he didn’t work well I’d have agreed. He always wanted to improve their defensive game, some of the players signed were never going to do that.

I disagreed with the idea he “hates flair players” given he signed so many.

It’s generally only those who had a good level of fitness, worked hard and played their part defensively that regular played - Aribo, Leko, Millar and McGeady (latter probably more due to his experience than fitness and defending).

When you look at the others there are reasons it didn’t work out and it’s not entirely down to Bowyer. Williams divides opinion on here and when he got a run he got injured. Jaiyesimi came in just before he resigned, new signings aren’t always thrown straight in. Fosu didn’t fit his diamond formation. Maddison has since dropped to the 8th tier. Oztumer was never Championship quality and was signed to add squad depth.
  • Options
    Joe ledley always had me on the edge of my seat to be honest, real trickster.
    I’m sure he had many on the edge of their seats, heading for the exits!
    Best 45 min cameo I have ever witnessed live.

It still fucking haunts me.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Go on .. 

If you had originally said he didn’t work well I’d have agreed. He always wanted to improve their defensive game, some of the players signed were never going to do that.

It’s generally only those who had a good level of fitness, worked hard and played their part defensively that regular played - Aribo, Leko, Millar and McGeady (latter probably more due to his experience than fitness and defending).

When you look at the others there are reasons it didn’t work out and it’s not entirely down to Bowyer. Williams divides opinion on here and when he got a run he got injured. Jaiyesimi came in just before he resigned, new signings aren’t always thrown straight in. Fosu didn’t fit his diamond formation. Maddison has since dropped to the 8th tier. Oztumer was never Championship quality and was signed to add squad depth.
    Oztumer now olats in the Turkish Supa liga. I would expect that to be well above league 1 over all.

Maddison had personal issues but was easily Championship  level. 
    Played 90 minutes and set up a goal on his debut at the weekend as well.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Go on .. 

Oztumer now olats in the Turkish Supa liga. I would expect that to be well above league 1 over all.

Maddison or Oztumer. Either on form would have been useful on Saturday.  
    Did either of them ever show any of that in a Charlton shirt? 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Go on .. 

Maddison or Oztumer. Either on form would have been useful on Saturday.  
    Did either of them ever show any of that in a Charlton shirt? 
    Two of the games I saw live last year against MKD and AFC Wombles Maddison impressed me . He also scored two wonder goals against Orient and Plymouth and as said above he had a good cameo against the Mackems on hid debut . I do wonder along with Williams if Nigel could have managed him better than Bowyer did , although clearly he had MH problems .

Oztumer was outstanding on his debut against Forest and I was hoping that he would get a chance in L1 . He really impressed me when at Walsall ironically in a midfield which also included George Dobson . 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For me, Maddison will be one of the most frustrating and 'what could've been' signings in my time supporting the club.
  • Options
    I was just about to slate Jaiyesimi for another poor crossing effort about 30 seconds before he scored. Much as he put the extra effort in yesterday to meet the crossed ball for his goal (which was a thing of beauty) I still think he needs to think / look up, before smashing the ball into the legs of a man 3 yards away from him, when crossing for Stockley who has, for the umpteenth time, bust a lung to get into the box. 

A for effort.

More crossing practice please.
  • Options
    I also thought he was having quite a poor game and was just criticising him to CE when he popped up with the goal. 

The second goal then seemed to give him and the whole team a bit more confidence to get the ball down and play a bit more.
  • Options
    I was just about to slate Jaiyesimi for another poor crossing effort about 30 seconds before he scored. Much as he put the extra effort in yesterday to meet the crossed ball for his goal (which was a thing of beauty) I still think he needs to think / look up, before smashing the ball into the legs of a man 3 yards away from him, when crossing for Stockley who has, for the umpteenth time, bust a lung to get into the box. 

A for effort.

Crossing in general was an absolute joke until Gunter put that ball in for DJ

We were struggling to get the ball of the bloody ground let alone beating the first man
  • Options

A for effort.

Crossing in general was an absolute joke until Gunter put that ball in for DJ

We were struggling to get the ball of the bloody ground let alone beating the first man
    Our crossing has been diabolical for a couple of seasons. It needs to be corrected because it’s a massive weapon for us with Stockley to aim at. As you say, it’s not one particular player that is the main culprit, they were all hitting the first man or just not getting it off the ground, even, far too often. You expect a bit of that but not every bloody attempt! Until Gunter suddenly pulled out a workday we hadn’t got one right despite quite a few attempts, and again, from memory, it was only Matthews’ cross to Stockley that was a good one in the second half.

The positive is we got players on the ball out wide in good areas a lot yesterday, which suggests it’s coming. I hope they are all taking crossing drills everyday during training. 
  • Options
    Is there anywhere I can see extended highlights?  Less than 2 minutes on Sky. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Is there anywhere I can see extended highlights?  Less than 2 minutes on Sky. 
    10 mins on the OS if you have a subscription or stream season ticket.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/video-player?widgets%5Bstream-amg%5D%5Bcontent_id%5D=0_0d77t9ym
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might be like Clare where he just falls down in the pecking order and has to work his way back up. 
  • Options
    Thought last season when we had Millar on the other flank you could clearly see the difference in level - though towards the back end of last season and the beginning of this one DJ seemed to have found another gear and was looking like he could be a real asset.

Not sure if he just regressed to the mean, or there's something else going on. But I do hope he can continue to improve as he is strong, physical and can take a player on the inside and outside which is a useful skill to have. 
  • Options
    I like DJ. He's gone from being untouchable by the opposition to useless very quickly it seems.

Raw player, his Dulwich Hamlet roots showing a tad too much of late. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I like DJ. He's gone from being untouchable by the opposition to useless very quickly it seems.

Raw player, his Dulwich Hamlet roots showing a tad too much of late. 
    You'll have to remind me of when he was 'untouchable by the opposition'.

I must have missed that 10 minutes.
  • Options
    he shows flashes but personally don't think he has it - never seems to know what he's doing and as others have said, his workrate without the ball is poor  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    he shows flashes but personally don't think he has it - never seems to know what he's doing and as others have said, his workrate without the ball is poor  
    You missed his worst feature.

Next time that he plays (and may it be a long time coming), note how he positions himself so that he cannot receive the ball.

When we have the ball (eg Matthews or one of our midfield players), there is a unique position which makes it difficult for the player with the ball to pass to you ... it's a straight line between you and the player with the ball and where there is a member of the opposition in between.  It's the only configuration to avoid if you want the ball ... and the one to create if you don't want it.

Jaiyesimi creates it to perfection.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!