Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Diallang Jaiyesimi - page 17 Joins Wimbledon on loan

Comments

• It’s always difficult joining a club in Jan especially as Millar as to play as part of his loan .... next season we will see a different DJ 
  • Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    I can almost guarantee that if we brought in a new manager, DJ and several others would discover a 'new lease of life'
    For a handful of games before mistakes creep in and we continue to be inconsistent and stumble along to a mid table finish.

This squad isn’t going to power their way through this division just by changing manager.

Next season however will hopefully be a completely different story with players like DJ thriving in a stronger team.
    Not with our current manager.  We will of course have a different team but why do people think that Bowyer will have the ability to get them to perform any different to the current  lot. 
  • edited March 2021
    Scoham said:
    se9addick said:
    Does anyone have any insight into why Jaiyesimi isn’t getting starts? I thought he was an exciting, creative player and we had brought him in for just that reason. Given that he’s one of the few players that will be here beyond the summer wouldn’t it make sense to make him feel like a priority?
    Because Bowyer doesnt like exciting, creative players. He got rid of Fosu who is now playing for a team that in the last 2 seasons have been a solid top 6 Championship side.

I'm pretty certain Bowyer didn't go to Gallen on transfer deadline day & say "I like the look at that kid at Swindon that tore us apart last month - can you try to buy him". More likely Swindon were pimping him around as they were in dire financial straits & needed cash asap. No one outside the Premier League were doing cash deals on deadline day, esp not in League 1. I expect Gallen saw DJ as a "project" and like Bonne thought that we might be able to turn a decent profit in a year or 2. We just so happened to have some cash due to TS & Swindon knew it. 

DJ is not a Bowyer player.
    How do you explain Millar keeping his place in the team for most games?
    Well , he’s got shit and shows no creativity and runs around a lot now and his touch is horrendous ... hope that helps 
  • edited March 2021
    Scoham said:
    se9addick said:
    Does anyone have any insight into why Jaiyesimi isn’t getting starts? I thought he was an exciting, creative player and we had brought him in for just that reason. Given that he’s one of the few players that will be here beyond the summer wouldn’t it make sense to make him feel like a priority?
    Because Bowyer doesnt like exciting, creative players. He got rid of Fosu who is now playing for a team that in the last 2 seasons have been a solid top 6 Championship side.

I'm pretty certain Bowyer didn't go to Gallen on transfer deadline day & say "I like the look at that kid at Swindon that tore us apart last month - can you try to buy him". More likely Swindon were pimping him around as they were in dire financial straits & needed cash asap. No one outside the Premier League were doing cash deals on deadline day, esp not in League 1. I expect Gallen saw DJ as a "project" and like Bonne thought that we might be able to turn a decent profit in a year or 2. We just so happened to have some cash due to TS & Swindon knew it. 

Well , he’s got shit and shows no creativity and runs around a lot now and his touch is horrendous ... hope that helps 
    Not really ;-)
  • Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    I can almost guarantee that if we brought in a new manager, DJ and several others would discover a 'new lease of life'
    For a handful of games before mistakes creep in and we continue to be inconsistent and stumble along to a mid table finish.

This squad isn’t going to power their way through this division just by changing manager.

Next season however will hopefully be a completely different story with players like DJ thriving in a stronger team.
    Not with our current manager.  We will of course have a different team but why do people think that Bowyer will have the ability to get them to perform any different to the current  lot. 
    I’m not saying I want Bowyer to stay, I said I felt it was time for him to go a few games ago.

I’d get behind whatever decision TS makes though, for all his mistakes this season you can’t 100% write off us improving if Bowyer stays. Just having a younger and more mobile central midfield is likely to improve us.

Whoever is manager we can expect to see us bring down the average age of the squad with a lot more players signed up for the longer term.

Most of the current squad know they won’t be here next season or won’t play as much if they are. Squads like that don’t tend to give their maximum or go on a long run of good form.

Bowyer is to blame for a lot of issues that have led to that but that doesn’t guarantee he will never experience success as a manager ever again, and I say that as someone who would be happy to see a new manager and completely fresh start.
  • Another creative player that has gone backwards under Bowyer. 

Seems he doesn't tackle and get stuck in enough for our Lee. 
  • People using Millar as defence against the notion that Bowyer doesn't like creative players etc. I'm fairly sure he's contractually obligated to play or at least be in the squad at all times when fit. Besides, in the past few games he's done fuck all anyway. 

I still don't get why we bothered to sign DJ if we aren't even going to rotate his playing time with Millar, and the situation is similar with Smith, where we've signed him and appear to have no idea how to actually play with him, so we start Pratley and Watson instead
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2021
    Off_it said:
    se9addick said:

Horse shit, as usual. 
    Wow. When you put together a powerful counter argument like that I see your point.  ;)  
  • ‘Because Bowyer doesnt like exciting, creative players’

is this shite still being passed off as fact? 
  • Rothko said:
    ‘Because Bowyer doesnt like exciting, creative players’

is this shite still being passed off as fact? 
    How many truly creative players did we have in the first 11 yesterday? 

Compared with how many creative players we started the season with. There's a reason most of them have been sold or unfavoured. 
  • Posting without reading: I was saying yesterday about how Bowyer doesn't seem to rate him, or maybe he's yet to learn to play the dire style expected of him, but you'd think that the remainder of this season would be a good time to give him more football and gel him into the squad, seeing how this campaign is now tits up.
  • He's not impressed me or @Len\'s_little_girl so far. Her description was  ' a shit Lloyd Sam.' Make of that what you will.
  • edited March 2021
    I suppose the lad has to be given time to settle but his form in a very average Swindon team was notable yet in an at least arguably better Charlton side he now after an initial buzz looks devoid of confidence and not worthy of selection. Bowyer has forgotten more about football than I’ll ever know but what’s happening to DJ is as far as I can see part of a pattern where players come in and after impressing early, Maatsen, Millar and DJ start going backwards. Starting to question Lees’s man management at least. 
  • Scoham said:
    se9addick said:

Clause in the loan deal that says he has to play if fit?

I'm just guessing of course, but Millar hasn't played that well recently, with a noticeable dip in his form since Gillingham........yet always keeps his place.
  • Bit of an odd one this. Is clearly a talented footballer but I don’t think Bowyer has managed him well. He needs to play and be given a run of games to find his feet. 
    Another victim of this season’s uncertain formations and inconsistent starting 11s. 
  • edited March 2021
    Scoham said:
    se9addick said:

I'm just guessing of course, but Millar hasn't played that well recently, with a noticeable dip in his form since Gillingham........yet always keeps his place.
    I can't see the club ever agreeing to this. U23s frequently show up and don't play at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:
    He's not impressed me or @Len\'s_little_girl so far. Her description was  ' a shit Lloyd Sam.' Make of that what you will.
    wow....now that would make him REALLY shit
  • Really unimpressed with DJ. Hard to judge him harshly with so many brief cameos for us, but you could make a 15 minute video purely on his shot in the 90th minute yesterday which showed someone with zero confidence.

Looks like a panic buy. Shame as you would imagine there’s a good player there (You can have the exact conversation about Gilbey)
  • Scoham said:
    se9addick said:

Aribo and Leko normally kept their places too. Maybe Bowyer doesn’t really hate flair players.

The size of the budgets Bowyer’s had result in us signing top half League 1/lower Championship level players. Creative players of that level usually have a few big weaknesses or they move to a higher level fairly quickly.

While Bowyer has become more negative and cautious that change lines up with transfer windows under an embargo and later a salary cap.

If TS is kept on I hope Bowyer and Gallen have a very different strategy - I’d rather we signed younger players on the up with a few weaknesses to work on than “proven” League 1 players like Maddison and Oztumer who don’t have the hunger and/or ability to progress to playing at Championship level.

With Millar’s form dropping it would be a good time to give DJ a run, I can understand why Bowyer doesn’t want to start both of them. He’s trying to find that balance between improving us defensively and giving us an attacking threat.
  • Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    se9addick said:

I can't see the club ever agreeing to this. U23s frequently show up and don't play at all.
    You're probably right of course, it was just a suggestion as it's baffling to me why he keeps his place but DJ gets 10 minutes here and there.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJoIsqmhPfE

He definitely has the ability but needs a run in the team instead of these 10-15 cameos.
  • cafc4life said:
    Millar needs a spell out the team. He’s been awful for weeks 
    Isn't it weird how this is said of just about every single wide player under Bowyer
  • se9addick said:
    https://t.co/wZ3DhwNPrJ
  • LouisMend said:
    se9addick said:
    https://t.co/wZ3DhwNPrJ
    That’s a completely ludicrous statement. I don’t want to do the whole Bowyer pile-on thing, but that’s just nonsense. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!