Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diallang Jaiyesimi - page 17 Joins Wimbledon on loan

Comments

• Options
    If you are being man marked do you not drag your marker to different areas of the pitch making space for others ? 
    It's a catch 22 though isn't it.  If he leaves "his wing" hunting for the ball he gets accused of offering his full back no protection.  The same as Washington gets critised when getting close to Stockley.

The problem is the midfield, either the balance is wrong or the players aren't good enough.  Probably both at present.  It doesn't help when you only have 3 available either tbh. 
  • Options
    Pretty sure I’ve watched every game he’s played in since he joined and I can’t remember him putting in a single impressive performance? 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Smithy said:
    Pretty sure I’ve watched every game he’s played in since he joined and I can’t remember him putting in a single impressive performance? 
    I think you are right. He puts in a good 15 /20 mins here and there, but not a sustained performance. Hopefully that will come when he puts a good run of games together. He is really our only attaching wide threat, Kirk being in there will take some of the pressure off of him. The flip side is we can’t go in To every game expecting Kirk to deliver. I suspect it will be Kirk that gets doubled up on, so DJ has to step up. 
  • Options
    Not writing him off as I think he has potential, but not been particularly impressed since he’s joined. 
    Me too, he has a very lazy demeanour and I’m not sure what he’s actually good at?

What does impress me is his strength, but that’s not really what you want from a winger. I hope he comes good but he does strike me as a classic panic buy in the January window.
  • Options
    Can frustrate at times, but think he's looked better under Adkins than under Bowyer.

Although found it a bit telling that our form went off the boil at the end of the season when he got injured (had to be replaced 24mins into the Peterborough game, we then drew the next two after that defeat) as feels our formation isnt just suited to Stockley but to DJ too.
  • Options
    Not writing him off as I think he has potential, but not been particularly impressed since he’s joined. 
    @Len\'s_little_girl rarely expresses an adverse opinion on Charlton players but fairly early on after his arrival she described DJ as 'a shit Lloyd Sam' and I've not seen a great deal to make me disagree with that assessment thus far.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    As with other positions in the squad, he knows he won't be getting dropped any time soon - we need competition for places.

Look how well Liam Millar did in such a short space last season, 6 assists and 2 goals in 27 I think, I don't think we've seen anywhere near that return from Jaiyisimi yet. 
  • Options
    As with other positions in the squad, he knows he won't be getting dropped any time soon - we need competition for places.

Look how well Liam Millar did in such a short space last season, 6 assists and 2 goals in 27 I think, I don't think we've seen anywhere near that return from Jaiyisimi yet. 
    one goal, two assists in 16-games
  • Options
    Yeah this guy seems to have found his ceiling. Which is Mid table league 1. That's why he plays for Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he has no end product. I think the term is flatters to deceive. 
  • Options
    Can’t comment on yesterday as I couldn’t watch the game but it seems some have already written him off.

Checking his stats he’s started 9 games for us and come on as a sub 7 times. Not every player gets off to a great start and wingers are known for their inconsistency.

We could do with another winger coming in otherwise his main competition will be Washington and Clayden - neither are likely to really push him to improve and fight for his place.
  • Options
    I think he is ok.  Not as good as Fosu was (still can't get over us pretty much giving him away!).  If we had other creative Ayers he would be less closely marked and look better.  Hopefully Kirk helps with that and another creative type comes in too.
  • Options
    He certainly needs to do more. Stockley seemed to be man marked more than DJ. He was ineffective but has potential. Hope he is supported positively. Think Robinson was being fairly kind about him. In fairness I don't really see Robinson as being anything other than fair about Charlton despite these fact that he wasn't great here when manager. Maybe that was more to do with the ownership and the challenges at the time
  • Options
    I think he is a typical decent winger AT THIS LEVEL. Flashes of skill, can drag players away from the central areas, but needs to do more and hope he does, as I like his style of play when he gets going.
  • Options
    Giving Fosu away was madness - now a premier league player with Brentford. 
    We have Lee ‘I hate flair players’ Bowyer to thank for that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Such a fallacy. He hated flair players who didn’t work hard for the team. 

He used plenty of flair players in his time here. 
    Go on .. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Go on .. 
    McGeady........... 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Go on .. 
    Pratley 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Go on .. 
    McGeady........... 
    I agree, he did play McGeady who was a flair player. I also agree with Elliot about Bowyer picking some flair players as long as they worked hard for the team. Bizarrely, I don't think McGeady fit that criteria. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Go on .. 
    McGeady........... 
    Plenty
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Go on .. 
    He signed and used plenty, but they didn't all get a run of games and some were never really trusted.

McGeady, Aribo, Leko, Fosu, Williams, Oztumer, Jaiyesimi, Maddison, Millar...
  • Options
    This is from February 14.

I'm not pleased about it ... but it wasn't difficult to foresee.

Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    cabbles said:
    I touched on this on my post match comments, but I’m curious to see who others would like to keep or move on at the end of the season?  I think for me, keep Amos, Morgan, Jayesimi, Inniss, Schwarz and Aneke.  Would like to get Millar and Stockley, but think both will have better options at the end of the season
    Isn't Jaiyesimi on a three-and-a-half year deal?

With Sandgaard's five-year plan to reach the Premier League, Jaiyesimi is part of our all-conquering Championship winning squad.

Oh, Jesus!
    Are you really judging a player based on two substitute appearances?
    Yup.

Let's keep track of this, shall we?

I will be delighted to be wrong.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Go on .. 
    McGeady........... 
    I agree, he did play McGeady who was a flair player. I also agree with Elliot about Bowyer picking some flair players as long as they worked hard for the team. Bizarrely, I don't think McGeady fit that criteria. 
    I would love to know why McGeady played every game.  I assume he had to, or had pictures, or or....

I know the Doughty "problem", Leko's injury and Gallagher's recall didn't help but it was a shift in tactics that Bowyer never really recovered from. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!