Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Diallang Jaiyesimi - page 17 Joins Wimbledon on loan

Comments

• Options
    Sorry if its been said already but I'm starting to wonder if when Adkins said after the sheff wed game that DJ was unplayable, what he actually meant was I'm not bloody playing him again.

Personally I haven't been overly impressed since dj arrived but surely worth a stint on the bench as an impact sub when legs start to tire. Would have been ideal for Tuesday night for the last 20 mins. 
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Sorry if its been said already but I'm starting to wonder if when Adkins said after the sheff wed game that DJ was unplayable, what he actually meant was I'm not bloody playing him again.

Personally I haven't been overly impressed since dj arrived but surely worth a stint on the bench as an impact sub when legs start to tire. Would have been ideal for Tuesday night for the last 20 mins. 
    selecting him makes no more or less sense than Kirk
    but trying to reason Adkins selection decisions is a quick way to go right around the twist
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Curbs rates DJ
    so do I
  • Options
    Have to say fair play to him. I was always hopeful there was a player in there but he's really knuckled down and applied himself since coming into the side. Certainly you wouldn't say Leko is going to walk straight back into that position when fit - maybe a good thing given we're looking lighter up front suddenly. 
  • Options
    If anything that shows he's 2 footed :)
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I find it strange how little recognition he receives for moving from a forward to a wing back with such hunger and desire. 

Keep it up DJ!
    He's not really playing as a wing back though, more like a conventional winger tasked with some covering and tracking responsibility.
    Compare with  Ben Purr on the other flank, who is charged with a more defensive role but with licence to get forward as opportunity arises.

Even Jacko says that it's a "lop-sided" way of playing wingbacks; basically one winger, one wingback.

• Options
    It's just too early to write this guy off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its ok mate it will be the right thread sooner or later ! only takes one bad game for someone to be called out on here  ;)
  • Options
    When he replaced Leko as wing back I was concerned that he would offer very little defensively, and have been pleasantly surprised at just how good he is at it. So much so I expect him to start in that role even when we have a full squad available.

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    mendonca said:
    I find it strange how little recognition he receives for moving from a forward to a wing back with such hunger and desire. 

Keep it up DJ!
    Here's what I find strange:

The guy pings in a few decent crosses in the Plymouth game and is fucked after an hour ... "because he worked so hard in the first half".  He shuffled and stumbled in his usual manner.

Then against Morecambe, he drives a low cross into the box (fair play) and a defender puts it into the net.  Fucked again after an hour  ... "because of his efforts at the weekend".

For every Twitter clip of some ineffective flick, I'll show you a loss of possession (x5), an underhit cross (x5) and an inability to beat the defender on the outside (x5) ... check back, DJ, and give it to someone else.

The guy is shit and he will not feature when Leko is fit.

Oh, and before the righteous brigade choose to label these comments as 'trolling' ... watch the highlights (of several matches) although he won't feature much ... and then tell me that I'm wrong.
    You’re wrong.
  • Options
    belligerent to the end, nothing changes
  • Options
    Think he has been excellent since Jacko took over.  Solid defensively and knows how to tackle and decent going forwards.  He could improve his end product bit as Henry says above he wouldn't be L1 if he did.  Definitely one with potential to step up to the Championship with us in my view if he keeps performing.  I am hoping Kirk settles in the same way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Redrobo said:
    When he replaced Leko as wing back I was concerned that he would offer very little defensively, and have been pleasantly surprised at just how good he is at it. So much so I expect him to start in that role even when we have a full squad available.

Agreed. I'd like Leko to be tried up top, rather than back in the wing back position. Especially as CBT seems to be the cover for that position now
  • Options
    A confidence player who has improved a lot under Jackos reign.
  • Options
    A confidence player who has improved a lot under Jackos reign.
    Well he also improved under Adkins initially at the backend of last season, which he looked to have carried over to preseason and the beginning of this. However his, as well as a whole teams, performances seemed to drop off a cliff from then on.  
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I feel like DJ shagged Dave Rudd's wife, daughter, mum, nan, brother, son and then his dad... But wasn't willing to shag Dave. 
    No wonder he runs out of steam after an hour.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I feel like DJ shagged Dave Rudd's wife, daughter, mum, nan, brother, son and then his dad... But wasn't willing to shag Dave. 
    Funnily enough, DJ messaged my girlfriend on Instagram the other week.

It was around 2am on a Thursday, no wonder he always looks knackered! 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Funnily enough, DJ messaged my girlfriend on Instagram the other week.

It was around 2am on a Thursday, no wonder he always looks knackered! 
    2am on a Thursday ? had the Drummer just left mate ?
  • Options

• Options
    Such an exciting player to watch. Was dubious at the start of signing him but he has really excelled under Jacko. 

So good defensively and actually prefer him on the left!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!