Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Portsmouth | Tues 2nd Feb 2021: 7pm.

edited February 2021 in General Charlton
Take II.

After Saturday's postponement, tonight we entertain old rivals Pompey in the re-arranged fixture.
We have a change of referee and no doubt, a heavy pitch.

Lee Bowyer: "When you play these sides that are in and around you, a win gives you a mental boost. Every single time we've played Portsmouth, they've been tight games.

Porstmouth boss Kenny Jackett seems to be impressed with us: "They have different ways to play, I do think they can mix it up. They have good power and good football which, you need both to be successful, they are a very capable group. 

Williams and Maddison leave, the new Matt Smith and DJ join - but the tricky winger signed too late to be included tonight.
Inniss injured still, plus Washington ..... but Famewo is on the verge of fitness. but probably too soon for tonight's game. Maatsen  is returned to the matchday 18.
We could see Smith.

Charlton: Amos; Matthews, Gunter, Oshilaja, Maatsen; Morgan, Forster-Caskey, Pratley, Shinnie; Stockley, Schwartz.

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Pearce, Purrington, Watson, Smith, Millar, Aneke.

Not got your stream yet? Get it here:
Supporters who are yet to purchase a pass for Tuesday's game can do so here.

Valley Pass Live: The Scott Minto show, starring Curbs and Robbo will start around 6.15pm.

We really could do with winning this one.

COME ON YOU REDS!

Comments

• Options
    Can't wait to see the line-up. Would love to be at a buzzing Valley
  • Options
    Sorry if I’ve missed it but why is the pitch so bad? 

Is this how it’s expected to go or are we doing something wrong/unlucky?
  • Options
    whens the pitch inspection? 
  • Options
    No Millar?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    No Millar?
    Bench
  • Options
    Looks like Bowyer has gone with the diamond tonight?

Amos
    Matthews ... Gunter ... Oshilaja ... Maatsen
    Forster-Caskey ... Pratley ... Shinnie
    Morgan
    Schwartz ... Stockley
  • Options
    Why no millar
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lineup square
  • Options
    No Millar and no Aneke is a bit baffling. Are they injured?

I'll be watching Schwartz with interest. 
  • Options
    Looks like Bowyer has gone with the diamond tonight?

Amos
    Matthews ... Gunter ... Oshilaja ... Maatsen
    Forster-Caskey ... Pratley ... Shinnie
    Morgan
    Schwartz ... Stockley
    Or is it more a 4-1-3-2?
  • Options
    I hate it when we start rotating for no real or logical reason but team looks strong enough to not go start one down!
  • Options
    No Millar is a real surprise

I've no idea what the formation will be, it could even be 3 at the back for all we know
  • Options
    Team is good enough to win, don't blame Bowyer for putting Millar on the bench
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Feels a big night / couple of games for Morgan...

If he can impress against this lot with no Williams / Maddison he could really cement his place

Trouble is the pressure is also on a bit as we kind of need him to step up as well
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Sorry if I’ve missed it but why is the pitch so bad? 

Is this how it’s expected to go or are we doing something wrong/unlucky?
    Lack of due care and attention under the stewardship of ESI and no real close season to relay it anyway. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feels a big night / couple of games for Morgan...

If he can impress against this lot with no Williams / Maddison he could really cement his place

Trouble is the pressure is also on a bit as we kind of need him to step up as well
    True. Big opportunity
  • Options
    can only think the selection has to do with the state of the pitch. Probably not suited to a flying winger but very disappointed not to see Millar. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    No Millar and no Aneke is a bit baffling. Are they injured?

They are being saved for the late fight back ...... you know, the 'grandstand finish', when we come back from 2-0 down to salvage a point.
    Then miss a sitter in the last minute.  :neutral:

• Options
    This formation depends entirely on Maatsen and Matthews playing effectively as wingers. They'll be our key men 
  • Options
    Would like to know why Millar isn’t starting.

Got to be a diamond with those midfielders out there, though you can easily move Pratley back to make it a 5-3-2/3-5-2.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I still would have preferred a midfield two of either JFC + Shinnie or JFC + Pratley. Not being able to choose between Pratley and Shinnie has resulted in Millar being benched. A weird one considering he's our best player
  • Options
    No Millar is a real surprise

I've no idea what the formation will be, it could even be 3 at the back for all we know
    It's the diamond, innit?

• Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha.

Just got rid of the 2 "bench warmers" so Bowyer now has to find 2 other mugs to take their places. Step up Millar & Aneke.

And some people were wetting their pants this morning think about a starting line up with MIllar AND DJ.....
    Yeah because until this week; Aneke has been starting every game
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!